One Pack One Pick (p1p1 thread)

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Monastery Mentor! The removal forces you into two colors, and I like to keep my options open. Bitterblossom is probably better, but I really like prowess :)

FlowerSunRain

Contributor
I think Trading Post Wheeling is a decent possibility. This list is loaded with strong equipment, so I don't think stoneforge is coming back and mentor is mentor so that's not likely.

Bitterblossom, Taiga, Arid Mesa, Stoneforge, Mentor, Godless Shrine and Mystical Tutor will likely go before trading post and someone might want one of the more narrow cards if they are keying into a deck.

Anyway, I'd take Stoneforge and play the OP equipment lottery.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Yeah, that was a bit tongue in cheek, Trading Post could definitely wheel, though it is definitely the pick for Johnny's in this pack. The other two though... Definitely not going to happen.

bitterblossom or mentor for sure! #value

here's the pack I posted on /r/mtgcube, what would you guys take here?
u7qScVe.jpg

Eric Chan

Hyalopterous Lemure
Staff member
Hard to go wrong with Blade Splicer - works in aggro, midrange, or control; in straight good-stuff decks or synergy decks; eminently splashable even if I don't end up base white.

Kirblinx

Developer
Staff member
I'll pick pod. Great card, even keeps you open in colours. Plus the other green cards are very loamy so you are sending good signals as well.

Okay, looking over this pack again with Monday-morning eyes...
I think if i were in my BDSM-Griefer-Johnny mode instead of my usual scrub-Spike mode i'd take Howling Mine and hope to wheel Terminus or Ojutai's Command.

Char is just so good, ilu Char. What doesn't it kill, and it can go face, too? Great card.

(strongly also considering bloodbraid or 2shieldz depending on how i'm leaning deckwise)

Eric Chan

Hyalopterous Lemure
Staff member
Wow, I love that pack from a budget cube - shows that a lack of expensive mythics doesn't mean the packs can't be both strong and interesting!

Bloodbraid Elf is probably objectively the 'wrong' choice in that it's an immediate two-colour commitment, but man am I tempted. Otherwise, Preordain if I'm feeling boring and durdly.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
Wow, I love that pack from a budget cube - shows that a lack of expensive mythics doesn't mean the packs can't be both strong and interesting!

Bloodbraid Elf is probably objectively the 'wrong' choice in that it's an immediate two-colour commitment, but man am I tempted. Otherwise, Preordain if I'm feeling boring and durdly.

Eh, it's a four drop. Take it, play WG with a red splash or BR with a green splash or whatever.