General Print this Wizards! (So I can put it in my cube)

Chris Taylor

Contributor
Does this look like kitchen finks but not quite as strong? I kinda always wanted finks to be properly green rather than hybrid

Scavenging Finks {G}{2}
Creature - Ouphe
Persist
When ~ enters the battlefield, you may put target card in a graveyard on the bottom of its owners library. If you do gain 1 life.
3/2

Also: Is this card balanced at all?

Strong Eat the Week {G}{1}
Enchantment
Sacrifice a creature: put a +1/+1 counter on target creature

Does this look like kitchen finks but not quite as strong? I kinda always wanted finks to be properly green rather than hybrid

Scavenging Finks {G}{2}
Creature - Ouphe
Persist
When ~ enters the battlefield, you may put target card in a graveyard on the bottom of its owners library. If you do gain 1 life.
3/2

Also: Is this card balanced at all?

Strong Eat the Week {G}{1}
Enchantment
Sacrifice a creature: put a +1/+1 counter on target creature
Are you trying to make annoying persist decks? I like the enchantment. Maybe it could cycle lol!

Gruul Commando {1}{R}{G}
Creature - Elf Warrior
Haste
Gruul Comando cannot be countered.
Whenever a spell or ability opponents control would target Gruul Commando, deal 1 damage to its controller.
3/3

Heres a series I've been thinking about #iterativedesign

{2}{U}{B}
Sorcery
Draw a card.
Target player discards 2 cards.

{2}{U}{B}
Sorcery
Draw two cards.
Return a creature card from your graveyard to your hand.

{2}{U}{B}
Instant
Draw 2 cards.
Target player loses 3 life.

{2}{B}{B}
Sorcery
Target player discards 2 cards from his or her hand.
Return a creature card from your graveyard to your hand.

{3}{B}
Sorcery
Bury target creature.
Draw a card and lose 1 life.

Scavenging Finks {G}{2}
Creature - Ouphe
Persist
3/2
if i may toot my own horn here's my favorite custom card i helped design, with some similarities
KragmaRiftsweeperfull_zpsc427f49a.jpg

played with this guy a lot, there's always a new way to 2-for-1 someone with it

Chris Taylor

Contributor
That's one hell of a wannabe minotaur!

wut

if i may toot my own horn here's my favorite custom card i helped design, with some similarities
KragmaRiftsweeperfull_zpsc427f49a.jpg

played with this guy a lot, there's always a new way to 2-for-1 someone with it

Interesting. Flash is a big game here, if I add this guy he'll likely have to be {G}{G}{1}, but I'm okay with that.
How has the actual riftsweeper effect been? I've got flashback spells in my cube/scavenging ooze/deathrite shaman, but I feel like there's an interaction I'm missing.

It's a shame that I want the 3/2 body up front that persist gives you but persist generally plays a little worse because of oddball little infinte combos.
Maybe thats what a good pod deck needs?

James Stevenson

Steamflogger Boss
Staff member
I kinda want a lower power Monastery Mentor in red. Something like this:
Old Pyromancer
2R
Haste? Prowess. Whenever you cast a noncreature spell, put a 1/1 red Elemental token with haste into play. Exile it at end of turn.
2/2

Chris Taylor

Contributor
Creature - Minotaur Cleric
Art - Pretending to be Minotaur Cleric by wearing horned helmet.

Wow I pay attention to creature types :p

I kinda want a lower power Monastery Mentor in red. Something like this:
Old Pyromancer
2R
Haste? Prowess. Whenever you cast a noncreature spell, put a 1/1 red Elemental token with haste into play. Exile it at end of turn.
2/2

This seems like the world's worst guttersnipe.
...do you want guttersnipe?

For proliferate, there's Contagion Clasp, and then miles behind it, there's all those other cards. (I guess somewhere in between, Thrummingbird is kinda a card.)

Have any of you made any other proliferaters?

wut

Interesting. Flash is a big game here, if I add this guy he'll likely have to be {G}{G}{1}, but I'm okay with that.
How has the actual riftsweeper effect been? I've got flashback spells in my cube/scavenging ooze/deathrite shaman, but I feel like there's an interaction I'm missing.

It's a shame that I want the 3/2 body up front that persist gives you but persist generally plays a little worse because of oddball little infinte combos.
Maybe thats what a good pod deck needs?
while the yard mode was the main thing, the riftsweeper mode comes up more than you expect. eats suspend spells, imprint, nightveil spectre, hideaway, in response to an opponent blowing up your oblivion ring, eot-blink like flickerwisp or obzedat, rebound. it also just hit value often enough when end of turn put an exiled / yarded thing on the bottom and untap and tutor for it next turn.

also undying played a little better with flash imo

Chris Taylor

Contributor
For proliferate, there's Contagion Clasp, and then miles behind it, there's all those other cards. (I guess somewhere in between, Thrummingbird is kinda a card.)

Have any of you made any other proliferaters?

Brah do you even ?

I've got a proliferate version of Cytoplast root-Kin which has been decent
while the yard mode was the main thing, the riftsweeper mode comes up more than you expect. eats suspend spells, imprint, nightveil spectre, hideaway, in response to an opponent blowing up your oblivion ring, eot-blink like flickerwisp or obzedat, rebound. it also just hit value often enough when end of turn put an exiled / yarded thing on the bottom and untap and tutor for it next turn.

also undying played a little better with flash imo

Don't get me wrong, I like the idea. One of the best pod moments in my cube was a player podding for the man-o-war I hindered earlier that game for the lethal attack.

On the whole:
  • Suspend: I don't have any of these
  • Imprint: Ditto
  • Nightveil spectre: Don't run this (Could, don't really have a need I think)
  • Hideaway: Zero here too
  • Oblivion ring: This is a big draw
  • Flickerwisp: Cute :p
  • Rebound: Downright Adorable :p
It seems alright, and I don't think it's anything I'd take away from the card, I just wanted to judge how much of an effect that text had on the overall power level of the card

Don't get me wrong, I like the idea. One of the best pod moments in my cube was a player podding for the man-o-war I hindered earlier that game for the lethal attack.

On the whole:
  • Suspend: I don't have any of these
  • Imprint: Ditto
  • Nightveil spectre: Don't run this (Could, don't really have a need I think)
  • Hideaway: Zero here too
  • Oblivion ring: This is a big draw
  • Flickerwisp: Cute :p
  • Rebound: Downright Adorable :p
It seems alright, and I don't think it's anything I'd take away from the card, I just wanted to judge how much of an effect that text had on the overall power level of the card
it just makes the card almost always do SOMETHING is the thing about it, sometimes it's nuts and sometimes it's just a little value. But it's almost never just meaningless, which makes it really maindeckable. And a 2/1 flash undying for 3 can be real useful too.

If you block another persist/undying guy with it, you can eat it before it comes back because of how triggers stack during your opponent's turn.

My cubes tend to have quite a bit of yard interaction though.

Also he was a minotaur because minotaurs were a tribe in that cube because it had everything. It was my Time Spiral, way too complicated for my own good.

Thinking about black stabilizers etc

Nightbiter {2}{B}{B}
Creature - Vampire Rogue
Intimidate
When Nightbiter enters the battlefield choose one:
  • Gain 3 life.
  • Each player loses 3 life.
3/4

Thinking about black stabilizers etc

Nightbiter {2}{B}{B}
Creature - Vampire Rogue
Intimidate
When Nightbiter enters the battlefield choose one:
  • Gain 3 life.
  • Each player loses 3 life.
3/4

Make that shit B/W. Black doesn't get unconditional lifegain like that.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Make that shit B/W. Black doesn't get unconditional lifegain like that.
You are totally right, but I'ld say gaining 3 life isn't too gross of a color pie violation, especially on a card that also can make players lose 3 life (nice symmetry).

Also, I am in the middle of constructing a new cube and the "gold" section is getting a lot of custom love. I was working on the fuse spells for this purpose, but I have made a new thread on the Cube Lists forum. If you want to do me a favor come and have a look and help shave of the rough edges/single out uninteresting designs for redesign :)

Some Sultai cards
New Planeshift-style "battlemages"
New "khans"

as soon as someone plays the bug creature with shroud they wont realize it loses shroud when the 2nd ability triggers

yansi has too much text on it and islandwalk is boring/polarizing as hell make it flying and just cut the milling

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
as soon as someone plays the bug creature with shroud they wont realize it loses shroud when the 2nd ability triggers

yansi has too much text on it and islandwalk is boring/polarizing as hell make it flying and just cut the milling

Hmm... Rasmus also though that would happen. Maybe I do need to add reminder text after the copy ability: (~ loses shroud unless the creature it copies has shroud.)

But... but... flavor! Lookatit! It has islandwalk! I could make it flying though, that was what I had scribbled down occasionally, but then I found this art. The milling part is actually the part I don't like to cut. You can either try to mill your opponent, or you can mill yourself to enable the activated ability. The self-mill is definitely welcome as well if you go BUG, and I like that it can be an enabler there beyond the activated ability. I could conceivably make it a 1/4 that just triggers its mill on becoming tapped and leave off the keyword altogether. It'll still be able to attack often enough because of its high toughness. There might also be some other ways to get it tapped in the cube. Grand Architect comes to mind, maybe Opposition? I still think it's gross that that card taps lands though, kills limited games, so I don't know...

Anyway, would that be better you think?