General Print this Wizards! (So I can put it in my cube)

Chris Taylor

Contributor
Random Thoughts:

W1
~ counts as an island as long as it's in play
2/1

something like that without having the creature tap for mana would be a sweet way to make domain not stupid

Monsterous and morph play quite similarly if you don't care about the hidden information part.

Lastly:
UU1
Flying, Flash
2/4

Is that printable? Broken? good?

The flash guy, it's sort of a removal spell that turns into a good blocker / threat. It all depends on how likely it is to kill a creature or get killed itself maybe?

Chris Taylor

Contributor
The flash guy, it's sort of a removal spell that turns into a good blocker / threat. It all depends on how likely it is to kill a creature or get killed itself maybe?

Yup. It's unboltable, so it's pretty hard to remove in general, but it's also kinda just power/toughness: Not really blue's wheelhouse. Is this something people are going to take over vendillion clique? (Okay maybe that one's not really fair) Or Man-'o-War?

Also: Obligatory precedent comment:

Unprintable LOL

Chris Taylor

Contributor
Seems like a wicked card when printed at 1UG though!

Yeah, but it wouldn't be the kind of multicolor card I'd want to run.

Everything in UG costs 1UG (Shardless Agent, Edric, Trygon Predator), and I've never really been able to find a mechanical underpinning to tie to two colors together other than UG Ramp (Hardly an identity), so UG Flash (Essentially trying to recreate faries in cube using Wolfir Avenger and co) never really worked out for me.

Anyways randing aside, I might try it out. I've always loved some blue creatures ability to play offense decently while being excellent on defense (The opposite problem black has), so I think I might give it a shot.

Chris Taylor

Contributor
In reading this (http://www.magicmadhouse.co.uk/articles/2013/12/under-the-hood-whats-in-an-archetype-part-four/) I noticed that a lot of the reanimation spells are kinda poisonous, since who really wants Dread Return other than the dedicated reanimator deck? There's a bit of midrange overlap, but that got me thinking...

B
Sorcery
Kicker 2B
Return target creature card with converted mana cost 3 or less from your graveyard to the battlefield. If CARDNAME's kicker cost was paid, return any creature card instead.

Unearth is an interesting card for bringing back Finks and it's Ilk, so maybe this could help broaden the appeal a bit?

FlowerSunRain

Contributor
That is a really sweet crossover card. Most decks don't want to cast zombify and unearth, so its kind of like a "draft altering construct" in that you have two different cards in your cube that only take up one slot.

In reading this (http://www.magicmadhouse.co.uk/articles/2013/12/under-the-hood-whats-in-an-archetype-part-four/) I noticed that a lot of the reanimation spells are kinda poisonous, since who really wants Dread Return other than the dedicated reanimator deck? There's a bit of midrange overlap, but that got me thinking...

B
Sorcery
Kicker 2B
Return target creature card with converted mana cost 3 or less from your graveyard to the battlefield. If CARDNAME's kicker cost was paid, return any creature card instead.

Unearth is an interesting card for bringing back Finks and it's Ilk, so maybe this could help broaden the appeal a bit?

A month or two ago I cut all my 3-mana+ reanimation spells, then added in the new suite of Unearth, Life // Death, Exhume and Feldon of the Third Path (plus Alesha and 'llark). It's been awesome, and now that reanimation is more value-based it's been sitting pretty comfortably for me and mine. I'd much much rather pay life to reanimate than mana, although Reanimate is a little strong here.

also unearth is a genuine contender for cheap black mvp here so you might be surprised at just how competent it is to begin with. love your design though, v. smooth

Chris Taylor

Contributor
That is a really sweet crossover card. Most decks don't want to cast zombify and unearth, so its kind of like a "draft altering construct" in that you have two different cards in your cube that only take up one slot.

That was my thought! Though I can see it bringing back the odd Thundermaw Hellkite or Hellrider with kicker, so maybe there's something more.
Is it that obvious? It's not like I made lightning helix with the option of being searing blaze instead of gaining life, is it? That's my baseline for like Hur Durr this could be good in multiple archetypes :p

A month or two ago I cut all my 3-mana+ reanimation spells, then added in the new suite of Unearth, Life // Death, Exhume and Feldon of the Third Path (plus Alesha and 'llark). It's been awesome, and now that reanimation is more value-based it's been sitting pretty comfortably for me and mine. I'd much much rather pay life to reanimate than mana, although Reanimate is a little strong here.

also unearth is a genuine contender for cheap black mvp here so you might be surprised at just how competent it is to begin with. love your design though, v. smooth

Yeah Exhume might not have a lot of crossover appeal :p I'm always real worried about reanimate because the single mana is so powerful. Hell on the draw going Draw, Discard Elesh Norn to 8 > Swamp, Reanimate is probably prettty insane against a lot of decks, and that's a synergyless play

Unearth has been sweet for me to, but sometimes It's hard for me to convince people of its power when it isn't bringing back Kitchen Stinks.

Also: Necromancy is basically my favorite reanimation spell ever.

That was my thought! Though I can see it bringing back the odd Thundermaw Hellkite or Hellrider with kicker, so maybe there's something more.
Is it that obvious? It's not like I made lightning helix with the option of being searing blaze instead of gaining life, is it? That's my baseline for like Hur Durr this could be good in multiple archetypes :p

Yeah Exhume might not have a lot of crossover appeal :p I'm always real worried about reanimate because the single mana is so powerful. Hell on the draw going Draw, Discard Elesh Norn to 8 > Swamp, Reanimate is probably prettty insane against a lot of decks, and that's a synergyless play

Unearth has been sweet for me to, but sometimes It's hard for me to convince people of its power when it isn't bringing back Kitchen Stinks.

Also: Necromancy is basically my favorite reanimation spell ever.

yeah, Exhume is pushing it. It's a strong card and I wanted someone to break the symmetry (which they then promptly did). I think fast reanimator should be possible but require synergy. A week or two ago my roommate pulled off t1 Faithless Looting t2 Exhume, bringing back Precursor Golem. That's pretty sweet and I was really stoked for it. Discarding Iona to hand size isn't really my idea of fun either.

Necromancy is sweet but god, so many words. what a victim of old templating

Chris Taylor

Contributor
yeah, Exhume is pushing it. It's a strong card and I wanted someone to break the symmetry (which they then promptly did). I think fast reanimator should be possible but require synergy. A week or two ago my roommate pulled off t1 Faithless Looting t2 Exhume, bringing back Precursor Golem. That's pretty sweet and I was really stoked for it. Discarding Iona to hand size isn't really my idea of fun either.

Necromancy is sweet but god, so many words. what a victim of old templating

you think that's bad check out the oracle wording on Animate Dead:

It's one of those effects that works better in your mind than it does on paper: "This aura brings the creature back"

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
:) Necromancy is a two-off in my cube. I couldn't find a more perfect reanimation spell in the history of Magic, though Makeshift Mannequin is pretty sweet too!

Edit: To clarify, three mana seems to be the sweet spot, with four mana reanimation spells being playable still. There's only one decent reanimation spell at three mana though... :)

Liliana Again {3}{B}{B}
Planeswalker — Liliana
+1: Search your library for a card and put that card into your graveyard. Then shuffle your library.
-2: Return target creature card from your graveyard to the battlefield.
-X: Exile up to X cards from your graveyard. You draw that many cards.
[3]

Another Chandra {X}{R}{R}
Planeswalker — Chandra
+1: Another Chandra deals 1 damage to each opponent.
-X: Another Chandra deals X damage to each creature.
-X: Exile the top X cards of your library. You may play those cards this turn.
[X]

Nin, Planeswalker {1}{U}{R}
Planeswalker — Nin
+1: Tap target permanent. Draw a card.
-2: Nin, Planeswalker deals 2 damage divided as you choose among one or two target creatures and/or players.
-3: Gain control of target permanent until end of turn. Untap it. It gains haste until end of turn.
[2]

Palladia Mors {5}{B}{R}{G}
Planeswalker — Palladia Mors
+1: Target opponent sacrifices a nonland permanent.
-3: Put two 4/4 red Dragon creature tokens with flying onto the battlefield.
-5: Palladia Mors deals 5 damage to each opponent and each creature and planeswalker opponents control.
[5]

Shu Yun, Planeswalker {R}{W}{U}
Planeswalker — Shu Yun
+2: Noncreature spells you cast this turn cost {2} less to cast.
-1: Untap all permanents you control.
-8: Return all permanents to their owners’ hands other than Shu Yun, Planeswalker.
[2]

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Well... you can immediately use the +2 to give it some toughness and cast a removal spell on the cheap (just play it on turn 4), or you just -1 and drop a threat that can protect him. If you're on the play, and your opponent can't remove Shu Yun on his turn 3 (which isn't all that unlikely a scenario), you're looking at a card that generates 4 mana the next turn (provided you make your land drop). I don't even know what you're going to do with that mana, but casting Secure the Wastes for seven or Bogardan Hellkite seems like a good start... Oh, and that ability also casually gives your creatures vigilance (which protects your planeswalker), and works on mana rocks.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Soooo....

Should be

Thrummingbeetle {1}{G}
Creature - Insect
Thrummingbeetle can't be blocked except by creatures with flying or reach.
Whenever Thrummingbeetle deals combat damage to a player, proliferate. (You choose any number of permanents and/or players with counters on them, then give each another counter of a kind already there.)
1/1

Right?

Seems like a hassle to play with, but still! Maybe you can have a counter on it or something?

Land
~ enters the battlefield with a conquest counter. Whenever a creature you control attacks, if there isn't a conquest counter on ~, put a conquest counter on it.
{T}: Add {1} to your mana pool.
{T}, remove a conquest counter from ~: Add {R}, {G} or {W} to your mana pool.