General Print this Wizards! (So I can put it in my cube)

So is Contract just Channel or what?
Yeah nerds on salvation used to bitch at me for not being true enough to channel's historical implementation so I made up my own with even more flavor! Like iconic monsters are more than just a body to me and I love having ways to suggest that. I also just like the idea of doing a common cycle of spell casters that all have a body and then like a special thing you can get them to do for contracts.

Oh guys I made a card you will h8

Startling Disappearance {1}{U}{R}
Instant
Return target permanent to it's owners hand. Startling Disappearance deals 3 damage to that permanents controller.

i don't like a lot of your designs but that one seems kinda neat. I'd worry about target permanent vs. nonland permanent but it's yr cube! it doesn't feel as well-designed as Recoil but jesus what is

nevertheless it feels kinda blasé for a gold card, do you really need that selective of a boomerang? i took a look at yr cube but i dno't understand

(boomerang, that player rummages? too narrow, but a cool twist. boomerang, discard two draw two for UR(1)? versatile and cool, effects intersect, nevertheless kinda badfeels if yr oppolnent has cardws in hand

Because it is incredibly powerful! Like removing a blocker with this would be nuts or say bouncing a land when you are ahead good lord.

i don't like a lot of your designs but that one seems kinda neat. I'd worry about target permanent vs. nonland permanent but it's yr cube! it doesn't feel as well-designed as Recoil but jesus what is

Hello there! I don't know why you dislike my design but I'm sure if you take some time and really think about them you'll come to love them as I do!

Guys wouldn't it be great if blaze cycled?

Because it is incredibly powerful! Like removing a blocker with this would be nuts or say bouncing a land when you are ahead good lord.

Hello there! I don't know why you dislike my design but I'm sure if you take some time and really think about them you'll come to love them as I do!

Guys wouldn't it be great if blaze cycled?

it feels, to me, like its objective power level outweighs any potential synergy or timing concerns the card might have. I like withdraw and other bounce cards but more than anything else the lack of subtlety on some of your designs irks me. It's certainly nto as bad, vis-a-vis comprehension, as ~95% of the custom cards i've seen but red adding 'deals 3 damage' doesn't feel nearly as synergistic as the black discard on Recoil. It feels tacked on, i guess, and at a cost that stops it from being run by non-UR decks. i am not very good at designing cards, and my earlier ideas were more or less so i didn't feel like i was just shitting all over you for daring to brew, but surely there's a cool UR1 boomerang variant out there and i don't think Boomerang to Smithereens is it.

e: VVV a solid argument. boomerang to smithereens is good and i am probably being unfairly harsh.

e2: coming back to this later, Lucre makes sweet cards and I was objectively wrong here. thanks all!

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Actually, as uninspired as it may seem, I think Boomerang to Smithereen is excellent at what it does. It's two modes that pressure an opponent combined into one card. It's a tempo deck's dream card.

FlowerSunRain

Contributor
Thinking of a black/white lifegain incentive card in the vein of Sanguine Bond but not complete shit.

Circle of Despair (this is the card I'm going to write over, mostly because it has the right casting cost and type)
{1}{W}{B}
When Circle of Despair enters the battlefield, gain one life.
Whenever you gain life, target opponent loses one life.

So, compared to bond it costs way less, requires white, you drain 1 immediately and only does one damage per lifegain without regard to the size of the lifegain. Seem reasonable?

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Thinking of a black/white lifegain incentive card in the vein of Sanguine Bond but not complete shit.

Circle of Despair (this is the card I'm going to write over, mostly because it has the right casting cost and type)
{1}{W}{B}
When Circle of Despair enters the battlefield, gain one life.
Whenever you gain life, target opponent loses one life.

So, compared to bond it costs way less, requires white, you drain 1 immediately and only does one damage per lifegain without regard to the size of the lifegain. Seem reasonable?
I think you could print that at {W}{B}.

Arcane Infiltrator {1}{U}{U}
Creature - Human Wizard Rogue
Shroud
Arcane Infiltrator cannot be blocked.
Cycling {2}
2/2

Small Blessings {1}{W}
Sorcery
Return a card with converted mana cost 1 or less from your graveyard to your hand.
Draw a card.

Slitherhead {B/G}
Creature - Plant Zombie
Deathtouch, intimidate
Scavenge {0}
1/1

Exploitation {1}{B}
Sorcery
Target player discards a card. If they discarded a creature card, put a 2/2 black zombie creature token into play tapped. If they discarded a land card search your library for a swamp, reveal and put it into your hand. If they discarded a non land non creature card draw a card.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Trade Saboteur {1}{U}{U}
Creature - Human Spy
Trade Saboteur can't be blocked.
Whenever Trade Saboteur deals combat damage to an opponent, tap target artifact or land that player controls. It doesn't untap during its controller's next untap step.
Contract -- {1}{U}, discard Trade Saboteur: Counter target spell unless its controller pays {1}.
2/2

Dragon punch probably fits that need better ish.

Destroying an artifact, enchantment or flyer is probably seething that exists but sounds like it would be actually great at 1G or 2G if it also cycled on top of that lol.

Yesterday when everyone was mad at me for being #sassyaboutsurrak I kept imagining a 3G 2/2 haste that entered the battlefield to naturalize but also tapped to grant haste.

Obviously I love that fight is getting more efficient, but I also love the idea of green utility removal that you can bet on having a creature target in most cube decks.