General Rivals of Ixalan (RIX) Spoilers

I disagree. I feel like they are terrible at making custom cards feel real.

Name is aweful for a Vampire.
Ability is outrageous for a Magic card. Pointness and absolutely not worth believing in. It would serve as a free combo.
Artwork is low quality.
The distance between "Defender" and "Pay 2 life: You gain 2 life." is too short. Like they pressed tap while pressing enter when they wrote the card text.
The mana symbols look sleightly off.
The timing of the spoiler is even off because it would make no sense to spoil such a mono white Vampire Plant as of this moment.
The creature type is in the wrong order. Plant would go first an Vampire second.

Flavor text is somewhat trustworthy.
Creature type is only somewhat believeable for the power/toughness.

Defender.png

Chris Taylor

Contributor
Not something that would see print, but close enough that it fools you for a second.
Also, card by card this varies. Nobody's actually buying Necroboatance as a real spoiler, but I'm still laughing :p

Also: sometimes it doesn't matter how real it looks.
Jace-Alpha-and-Omega.jpg

I agree that it is fun :) But I disagree that it could fool me :p I would love to se it try; come at me GoodGamery! ;)

Green Threes are so stacked :'[

I think there's actually an argument to run this in place of Rec Sage? The body is sooo much better, and you can cast it whenever.

It’s perfect.

Lore: Cool name, art and flavor text.

Power: Strong enough to warrant a place in aggro or midrange decks even without an enemy permanent to remove. Not so strong that it’s pure good stuff and goes into any green deck.

I love it.

Wow, definitely swapping this in for Rec Sage. Sage fulfilled its role for years, but the lackluster body and relative lack of utility if you didn't have a target were just feelbads when hardcasting. This is just so much better to me.

journeytoeternity.jpg
atzalcaveofeternity.jpg

Wow, this looks nice! I may actually give this a spin.

0os26txa9h701.png

A nice colorless speedbump.

0rhqnhq87h701.png

A low-power alternative to Divination! I like how it draws you more cards when you most want them.

9lsvh55j7h701.png

This looks like a neat little thing, but I'm not sure I have a home for it. I've really loved explore, though.