Sets (MH2) Modern Horizons 2 Previews

Please build it so we can compare notes!!
I'll send a PM if that's the route I pursue. Your power level looks similar to what I was considering except for what I'd consider some outliers on the higher end.
That middle effect is also pretty ugly for cube.
Lots of tools for cubes that are a tier lower in power than mine though.
This is how I'm feeling right now. Have I gone too far???

I'll send a PM if that's the route I pursue. Your power level looks similar to what I was considering except for what I'd consider some outliers on the higher end.
Sweet...thank you sir. Yes, I'm *for sure* still working the bugs out. I already took out some of the most unfun stuff. It wasn't hard to spot the offenders after only a few games.

This is a very Un-Fair card that is best in Fair environments. Interesting, will watch.

So I have been having an internal debate over how strong Subtletly is since it was spoiled. I love the design of this cycle, and they are super in sync with my cube's MO, and getting heavy consideration from me. I hope the rest are as interesting.

Grief is easy to wrap my head around as objectively good.

How does Subtlety compare to Venser, Shaper Savant? I think the answer is totally context dependent. I'm inclined to say that the power levels between the two are relatively close in my cube, with me giving the nod to Venser. I have a fairly low creature count, and only a handful of planeswalkers. I'm not sure there are many must answer early creature threats that will be worth pitching 2 action cards for. The opponent getting a choice on whether it goes to the top or bottom is also a real decision. A straight up Memory Lapse would really up the power level, because then you could rely on depriving your opponent of a fresh card draw next turn, or counter something expensive that uses up an entire turn to cast. The opponent getting to just send it to the bottom is a big knock imo.

A 3/3 flyer is far superior to a 2/2 grounded creature, but Venser's remand any spell or bounce any target permanent is so good. I would never consider Essence Scatter for my cube.

But I also have that gut reaction of assuming that anything that can be cast for free is busted.

If I can get Asmi for cheap I will definitely test her and her cookbook. Her ~madness ability is often worse, as you need to have something else to discard. But a one mana 3/3 is obviously good, especially when she can draw you a card (when you managed to draft both).

The book is something I'd probably cube even without her.

Mystic Redaction is probably way too busted for my cube. Geez....
Really? You think this is better than let's say Teferi's Tutelage? Isn't discarding something that will be harder to trigger than draw?

I think the passive ability is a lot better on Redaction, but the milling will probably be overall slower than one of the cards that triggers on draw.

Easier to deliver a burst of mill though, with something like Olivia's Dragoon + dump hand.

Really? You think this is better than let's say Teferi's Tutelage? Isn't discarding something that will be harder to trigger than draw?

Tutelage isn't in my cube for a similar reason, but you are right it is a little easier to abuse. In general, I don't need wheel effects nuking player's libraries...it's just a little too cheesy for me. Enchantments are also the hardest permanents to deal with in my cube (everywhere?).

That middle effect is also pretty ugly for cube.

This is how I'm feeling right now. Have I gone too far???

If by ‘PM’ you mean ‘Public Message’, then fine :D

We want to seeeeeeeee it!

A strange Wrath that isn’t really a Wrath unless a lot of creatures are temporarily treated as though they aren’t on the battlefield.

70E46B78-8999-4E7E-A529-819CC1CCC235.jpeg

E2USV86XEAYWKCZ

I think this card has potential to play really well.

1. It's cheap and instant speed so you it's really easy to keep mana open or double spell.
2. It can be used aggressively to clear a blocker if you think you can close the game soon or to press your advantage.
3. It can be used defensively if you are being overwhelmed and need to breath or if you want to save a creature from a bad block, removal spell or wrath.
4. It can be used in synergy decks as well. Works well with ETB creatures if you can afford a turn without it (suspend end of their turn and immediately remove a suspend counter). Or maybe you suspend your creature and bring it back the turn you are trying to storm off with Chatterstorm or Crow Storm.

What do you think?

Yeah I like it. Strong blue hiccup spell, obviously really good vs. tokens. Only Downside I can see (besides the fact that it's temporary) is that suspend gives haste when the creature comes back, so you better be prepared if the game is still going when it returns.

Suspend reads well. I think it's one of those card that I would need to get some irl reps to know whether the effect is significant enough to include. The flexibility is really nice. It also plays well with world burning cards like Cataclysm, Death Cloud, and Wildfire

Reactions: dbs
What's strange about it? They made it an instant vs. a sorcery, and a totally different strategy/feel to the halves.

abundantharvest.jpg
abundantharvestp.jpg

I'm really happy this is Common and not Rare or something. This card is easily powerful enough that it could have been a higher rarity.

...Now I just have to decide which frame treatment I want to use :rolleyes:
abundantharvest1.jpg

@TrainmasterGT lupines+coreopsis* beats uh... shiny rocks? IMO. Will be a real pretty foil I think.

Yeah, I think the normal version will do for me as well. I really like the Art-Deco vibes of the mystical archive cards, but the Iris Compiet version of Abundant Harvest is even better. And it won't cost as much!

Wow.... Give yourself a few turns to set up for a bomb climax turn... geez.

View attachment 4101
This could easily be banned in Modern if the As Foretold deck ends up taking off.

Am I crazy? why is this green?
I'm guessing it's because Regrowth is green.