Sets (NEO) Kamigawa: Neon Dynasty Previews

I think he was (at least partially) responsible for designing the originals, and he spoiled the M21 ones, so I think he is being 100% genuine.

Is Mark Rosewater not in charge of other people's fun?

Yes. And no, not directly. He is just in charge of putting cards into the wild. How people pick up those cards and use them is up to the consumer.

Cube owners are directly responsible for the 8 players. Partially.

That's an amazing idea! The issue with Shrines is that they are all long term value at the expense of short term impact. Saga shrines would provide options to balance out the deck. Still, the existing shrines are quite poisonous, so probably not a great cube archetype.

The flavor of saga shrines.... collides a bit lol. mechanically a nice solution, but a great journey with a beginning/middle/end stitched up to a holy site tended to and revered across generations...

Shrines are fine when they're a mid or low tier strategy and you're trying to live the dream rather than consistently getting everything up and running in some bizarre format that's too slow to punish them.

Oh, well, it's the one "we did this before" thing they haven't tried mixing & matching yet, so....I fully expect them to do this. Completely serious. You should bet money on Shrines that transform.

MaRo will tell us "our feedback indicates that players found Shrines to be snowbally and unfun in high concentrations so then, we I REALIZED THE PERFECT SOLUTION WAS DFC TECHNOLOGY!!"

Oh, well, it's the one "we did this before" thing they haven't tried mixing & matching yet, so....I fully expect them to do this. Completely serious. You should bet money on Shrines that transform.

MaRo will tell us "our feedback indicates that players found Shrines to be snowbally and unfun in high concentrations so then, we I REALIZED THE PERFECT SOLUTION WAS DFC TECHNOLOGY!!"

Morphling are you talking about LadyMapi’s idea of Saga Shrine?

Just so you know, Sagas do not transform by default.

I think it is more likely your idea will happen (Shrines with DFC) than Saga Shrines.