General Print this Wizards! (So I can put it in my cube)

Chromasticore {2/W}{2/U}{2/B}{2/R}{2/G}
Bestow {2}{2/W}{2/U}{2/B}{2/R}{2/G}
Flying, first strike, vigilance, trample, lifelink
Enchanted creature gets +6/+6 and has flying, first strike, vigilance, trample and lifelink
At the beginning of your upkeep, sacrifice Chromasticore unless you discard a card.
{2}: Chromasticore deals 1 damage to target creature.
{2}: Regenerate Chromasticore or enchanted creature.
6/6

Lucre: Cycling {R/G} is really strong but if you're okay w/ that it seems cool to me.

non-basic makes that thing a lot more fair and interesting but it could still be a crazy blowout but i guess thats ok. i wish the regular body had like haste or something but maybe im spoiled by thunderbutt hellbutt

Chris Taylor

Contributor
Rugged Outsider
manarg.gif

Creature - Human Elf Rogue (C)
Discard a land card from your hand: Rugged Outsider becomes a 3/3 until end of turn.
Cycling -
manarg.gif

1/1

I like lands going to the grave. I also like temporary power and toughness changes. Lands could be a lot cooler for aggro decks right? Land cycling?

Town-Razer Dragon {3}{R}{R}
Creature - Dragon (R)
Flying
Contract - {2}{R} , Discard Town-Razer Dragon from your hand: Destroy target non-basic land. Play this ability only sorcery like.
4/5

I don't mind abilities that can't be countered, oddly enough, most colours and decks don't have all that much access to proper counterspells anyway.

Props: Cycling
manarg.gif
, costing
manarg.gif
Slops: Initial 1/1 body, masticore downside on a 1 drop :(

I've got the same problem here I do with basking rootwalla: since the initial body is basically useless, the optional pump ability is basically non-optional. So where rootwalla became {G}, 3/3, champion 2 lands (Who would run that thing?) this guy just becomes
manarg.gif
, 3/3, discard a land each turn (Equally unpalatable!)

Also: What sorcery did you invoke to get the hybrid mana symbols? I just copy pasted the image that comes up.

Dragon guy still okay. I like idea of Ghor Clan Rampager (Boss spell, medicore body) more and more.
Can we have 4/4 body, and molten rain as the channel? I love that card

People don't know if it's gonna be a 3/3 or not. It's exciting and doesn't cost mana and is threatenable whenever you've got cards in hand.
You guys are like really bipolar on this dude, it's pretty silly. Like when it's a sometimes 3/3 for 1 with deathtouch it's scary better than existing cards and now that it is just playable in more decks and less of a irrelevance liability it's just a crappy 1/1 with an awkward power boost.

1/1s aren't useless when they are threatening to be 3/3s at any moment. 1/1s also tend to do a lot more work than people give them credit for, this one just isn't for racing in the same way kird ape or whatever is. It's an enabler, it threatens a big presence and is very uncomfortable to block early on and it really makes use of a wasted resource late game. That's the way I see it.

I'm also really not sure why people think cycling at R/G is so nuts. Give those poor colours a break hahahahaha.

Polar Vortex {2}{R}
Legendary Snow Enchantment Creature - God
Indestructible
As long as your devotion to snow is less than five, Polar Vortex isn’t a creature. (Each symbol in the mana costs of snow permanents you control counts toward your devotion to snow.)
At the beginning of each player’s upkeep, Polar Vortex deals 2 damage to that player.
If a player would gain life, that player gains no life instead.
5/5

dont actually print this wizards i want it nowhere near my magic or my cube. or my house, why is it snowing in alabama?

I was wondering if I should make a place for cards that I design that are less cube oriented and more limited oriented. Maybe I'll make a blog or something.

RE: Cycling
I feel like a lot of those ideas are products of old conservative ideas that we've moved away from or part of the systematic oppression (if unintentional) I like to refer to as Blue Privilege.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
I was wondering if I should make a place for cards that I design that are less cube oriented and more limited oriented. Maybe I'll make a blog or something.

RE: Cycling
I feel like a lot of those ideas are products of old conservative ideas that we've moved away from or part of the systematic oppression I like to refer to as Blue Privilege.

Just make a thread.

So I was looking at making the wedge versions of these, perhaps with the thought of adding them to my multi-colour cube.

Same formula as above:

RUG - when deals combat dmg to a player, proliferate. (I'm using the +1/+1 counter theme)
WBR - lifelink.
BUG - when deals combat dmg to a player, draw a card.
BWG - {B}: Regenerate
WUR - ?

Any ideas/thoughts/suggestions for the above?

Chris Taylor

Contributor
WRB could be battle cry I think. Those are pretty combat oriented cards.

I'd move BUG to discard a card, and make the UWR one to draw a card. That is a powerful thing though, I'm a little wary
like, compare Vedalken Heretic (A card that never saw play, sure, but still!). Are those kind of sabateour triggers allowed on 2 cost guys? which are mostly 3/2s?

Man I love these guys. I should jam them in my cube sometime

you have to consider the central color of the wedge is the one that you will always have to pay, so color pie wise, for example the UWR one will have to match up with a RW and UR card but never a UW

the errata i tossed onto this cycle for my cube makes it so that they always have the ability and only need the multicolor permanent for the +1/+1. makes them less pitiful when not active and i noticed a while back that a lot of players tended to accidentally think they work that way anyway

Chris Taylor

Contributor
Oooo! Can we have the BUG one act like gravecrawler?

Like, cast it from your graveyard if you control a multicolored perm?
That's probably super broken but man that would be soo cool :D

Bug seems to like oozes and there's a lot of universal removal potential there and regrowrh potential with bug cards.
Those colours all seem to have access to saboteur type guys. Is there a better ohran viper out there somewhere?

What would be cool bug things. What do we like bug doing? What do people like doing that bug does well? This should be in my other thread....

{R}{W/U} - can only be blocked by 2+ creatures? Or "X: Unblockable"?

Unblockable 3 power, especially static, seems very good for 2 mana, even if it's somewhat conditional. "Hard to block, but still blockable" is very red.

I like recursive {G}{U/B}. If the {G}{U/B} one is too good as Gravecrawler, maybe Reassembling Skeleton? There's also persist, trample, fear, and wither as fitting abilities.

Edit: Ooh, or cantrip!

Uh, lifegain is primarily in the BWG wedge, so I don't know that WBR is where you want to have it.

When I was looking at them, I wasn't looking at the wedge as such, I was looking at what the two colour combos could do. {W}{B/R} could only ever be {W}{B} or {W}{R}, not {R}{B}. I felt lifelink was suited to those pairs, not necessarily the wedge as whole. I do like the battle cry idea though :).

I feel that {B}{G/W} would be better suited for the recursive. Reasoning is that black is it's primary colour and that those three are the only colours that can take permanents out of the graveyard (notable exceptions such as Squee, and Phoenixes, and probably some other card I have missed). Would Undying be too much?!?? Otherwise lifelink is still a viable option.

I do like {R}{W/U} with can only be blocked by 2+ creatures. Sweet idea.

I think {G}{U/B} as a Vedalken Heretic is fairly pushed... but I like it! You could put undying (blue does have undying, and would work with simic's +1/+1 thing) or somehow recursive here as well...

Theorycrafting only gets you so far... will have to test them a bit.

Everyone I talked to hates drafting alara. It's one of the ones I'm glad I missed. I really liked some multicolour formats though.

You have to feel bad for whoever got into their first drafts during dragons maze or drafted Ravnica Guildpact Dissention without good fundamentals.

James Stevenson

Steamflogger Boss
Staff member
Everyone I talked to hates drafting alara. It's one of the ones I'm glad I missed. I really liked some multicolour formats though.

You have to feel bad for whoever got into their first drafts during dragons maze or drafted Ravnica Guildpact Dissention without good fundamentals.
Don't bash Alara, Alara was great. I love that format. Then again, that was when LSV started making videos, which means it was when I started playing wellish. So my opinion is not very informed.

Eric Chan

Hyalopterous Lemure
Staff member

Whaaaat you need to talk to me. Full block Alara was so much fun! Those Alara Reborn packs were plenty juiced, so it was a fun exercise trying to set yourself up for that important last pack. It had its share of problems - the Esper artifact theme being a prime example of the Poison Principle, and devour just sucking balls - but this was a format with a lot of depth and longevity. Maybe I'm biased because it was the first draft format I played after returning to Magic, but it was much, much better than triple Zendikar or full block Scars.

Chris Taylor

Contributor
I figure ZZW or ZZZ at least woke people up. Most draft formats have been pretty durdely, and I think it's refreshing to see a format where 1 drops matter and you can actually beat midrange with aggro.

Full block scars was a little all over the place, mechanically, and poison won over no hearts.
But like, how does it hold up against invasion block? Triple Rise? Innistrad? (Or even Inn-Inn-Dka?)

Eric Chan

Hyalopterous Lemure
Staff member
I wouldn't go so far as to call triple Zendikar good. A format where people were forced to maindeck Mindless Null because it was nearly impossible to play a defensive, controlling strategy is not my idea of a good time.