Sets [KTK] Khans of Tarkir Spoilers

my problem with "junk" is that it sounds like "jund" and when people talk fast or dont enunciate its hard to distinguish and then they're both GBx

i hope they reprint spiritmonger but i dont think they will

Grillo_Parlante

Contributor
I think they just used cognates that would vaguely invoke a connection with the historical Mongol's world.

Abzan=Azerbaijan
Temur=Temujin Khan
Sultai=sultan
Takir=Tartar
Mardu=Mongol.

I suspect the naming process didn't take very long :rolleyes:

Eric Chan

Hyalopterous Lemure
Staff member
Temur kind of sounds like a leg bone, at least.

They should've had its enemy clans be Fibia and Tibula.

cracklingdoom.jpg

necropolisfiend.jpg

sultaicharm.jpg

duneblast.jpg

dragonstyletwins.jpg

temurascendency.jpg

narsetenlightenedmaster2.jpg

heraldofanafenza.jpg

marduskullhunter.jpg

Reactions: Tom
New charms? Yay! Potential cycle of charm-costed rares? Yay! Delve forcing them to make more graveyard-enablers? Yay! Delve itself? eh... Outlast? er...

I actually like three-color cards a lot so I'm itching to find some worth jamming.

I'm really excited to get more morphs. I love that mechanic (I may be alone on this one).

I do not care for tri-color cards. I don't run any and I probably won't even if we get a bunch of amazing ones. (I may be alone on this one too).

sarkhanthedragonspeaker.jpg

If this is too small for you:
+1 Until end of turn, ~ becomes a legendary 4/4 red Dragon creature with flying, indestructible, and haste. (He doesn't lose loyalty while he's not a planeswalker.)
-3 ~ deals 4 damage to target creature
-6 Your get an emblem you "At the beginning of your draw step, draw two additional cards" and "At the beginning of your end step, discard your hand."

4/4 haste dragons all up in red.

Dom Harvey

Contributor
I look forward to seeing Duneblasts in a junk rare box at a GP dealer's table 2 years from now.

I love Sarkhan though.

Chris Taylor

Contributor
Stupid new fetchlands have stupid dragon related flavor texts :(
Still tho.
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE