Sets [KTK] Khans of Tarkir Spoilers

Eric Chan

Hyalopterous Lemure
Staff member
The big turtle seems like a much worse version of this guy

I mean, it's flavourful, I guess - big slow lumbering tortoise. But, c'mon.

CARDS
siegerhino.jpg
trailofmystery.jpg
ashcloudphoenix.jpg
temurcharm.jpg
deflectingpalm.jpg

Temur Charm:
-Target Creature gets +1/+1 until end of turn. It fights target creature you don't control.
-Mana Leak
-Falter creatures with 3 or less Power

Deflecting Palm:
-The next time a source of your choice would deal damage to you this turn, prevent that damage. If damage is prevented this way, deflecting palm deals that much damage to the source's controller.

Also effective refuge reprints at common- all 10.

Time for a stupid rules question.

So, that Phoenix. It triggers when it hits the graveyard? Has it flipped when it hits the graveyard, if it is morphed, or does it hit the graveyard as a colorless 2/2 without abilities?

If its face up when it goes to the graveyard then it comes back into play as a morph. If it dies while a morph it stays in the graveyard as its just a 2/2 with no abilities.

FlowerSunRain

Contributor
Heroic decks and delver/pyromaster decks alike fucking love this thing, I'm pretty sure if I find a way to fit in these sweet three color cards that this is a shoe i.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Eytan Zana. Gorgeous art indeed.

Is anyone else baffled that, for the first time ever, they seem to have their mana fixing in order in a multicolored block? Between colorless morphs and decent, playable mana fixing at every rarity, it looks like we can actually cast our wedge cards in limited. I am positively stoked by how this set is shaping up for limited so far.

Yeah it's kinda fucked up. I'm feeling a little impressed, seems like limited might turn out okay if it isn't all horrible 4 colour messes.

like I've seen a lot of cool arts out of new shocks and guildgates and some of these new tri lands and temples but all of them lack the essential "landness" you used to get. I'm really impressed with how these lifelands aren't ruined by the boarder.