Card/Deck Single Card Spotlight

I might give Trawler guy a whirl. He really is great in my Teshar EDH deck, and I've got the bauble angle going for me already.

How well would these guys fare in your cubes?

(Not actually a single card spotlight, I know I know)

I am debating if these are still too good or if they are actually too difficult to get to work now.

Sword of Body and Mind.pngSword of Feast and Famine.pngSword of Fire and Ice.pngSword of Light and Shadow.pngSword of War and Peace.png

How well would these guys fare in your cubes?

(Not actually a single card spotlight, I know I know)

I am debating if these are still too good or if they are actually too difficult to get to work now.

View attachment 2092View attachment 2093View attachment 2094View attachment 2095View attachment 2096

Swords=OP. Even with the "protection from X and Y" blanked. The only one I think is actually "fair" is War and Peace without the protection. All of them are bananas.

Fun fact: I actually made a mod for Minecraft that added these... I never finished it though.

Sword of D&D has been kept in check in my meta just from the fact that it doesn't grant evasion. I imagine the others would be fine but not really game ruining without protections. Your environment better have good removal and lots of creature though, and not too much in the way of hexproof or unblockable things.

I've been running the swords without protection for a while now and they have been fine, although I think people undervalue them in their current state.

How do people feel about:
?

I'm not sure if it has a place in my cube, but I got this little package stuck in my head:

binning

How do people feel about:
?

I'm not sure if it has a place in my cube, but I got this little package stuck in my head:

binning

The idea of Scourge is far more attractive than the actual gameplay. I tried to make it work for a very long time, but no one really bought into it and there were too many hoops to jump through for a not great payoff. It's more cute than effective and often times it was kind of hard to find an opening to set it up in the graveyard AND end up with two bodies you didn't care to sack. Mileage may vary if your environment is lower powered, but I didn't have much luck with it.

Dom Harvey

Contributor
Scourge was really good for me - it does need some setup (though that can be as little as 'cast Stitcher's Supplier') but the ability to turn random chaff into a serious threat can't be overlooked. Sometimes you have it with Gravecrawler, Bloodghast, Lingering Souls, Bitterblossom or whatever and never run out of food

Scourge was really good for me - it does need some setup (though that can be as little as 'cast Stitcher's Supplier') but the ability to turn random chaff into a serious threat can't be overlooked. Sometimes you have it with Gravecrawler, Bloodghast, Lingering Souls, Bitterblossom or whatever and never run out of food

I found it anemic but was running very little in the way of token gen. With re-adding Bitterblossom on my mind, Scourge might find its way back in...

e: and let's not forget the synergy with both +1's on Sarkhan, Fireblood!

its a good alternative if you dont wanna delve away your gy cards
i like it more than tombstalker soulflayer. the setup is a little slower but also more reach

I do not support Aristocrats in white.

What other white Aristocrat cards are there (besides a lot of fodder from tokens nomnom)