Search results

  1. shamizy

    General CBS

    I hate Hornet Queen. So much.
  2. shamizy

    General CBS

    Which card do you dislike the most in an average cube? Let's say non-powered. I nominate: Hornet Queen Too generically powerful, good all the time, and it doesn't really have a whole lot of interesting play to it. You just plop it down on the board ASAP. It's a finisher that doesn't really...
  3. shamizy

    General The Draft Exchange

    Seems like this got lost in the middle of the draft replies. I've loved Ayli ever since I put her into the cube. She blocks really well as a 2/3 with Deathtouch holding the fort against more aggressive decks and any midrange fatties, the sac to gain life ability is pretty useful in bigger BW...
  4. shamizy

    The TV Thread

    Anyone else watching Westworld? Show is pretty sweet. I'm loving all the reddit deepdiving that's been happening.
  5. shamizy

    Card/Deck Your favourite Gray Ogre / Wind Drake?

    Knight of the Reliquary
  6. shamizy

    GBS

    Yes, I agree. I don't think he will be able to institute anything truly crazy (like the Muslim database or his stupid wall), but I 100% believe he will fall in line with the GOP and basically become a puppet president. He has many character flaws with narcissism being chief amongst them so I...
  7. shamizy

    GBS

    Not disagreeing with you, but being rich isn't my problem with him. I vote based on who aligns the most with my views with a proven track record. Bernie would have been my perfect candidate, a fucking godsend, but once the DNC shat on him Hillary was the next closest to my views that had a legit...
  8. shamizy

    GBS

    Independents did not give Trump the presidency, voter apathy and misplaced fuck establishment votes had a much greater impact in my opinion. How do you put that much trust into a billionaire who lives in a literal gold penthouse up in New York? He lives in a completely different world and didn't...
  9. shamizy

    trumangc cube

    I like the ideas and the base you're working off, most of us are likeminded in our approach to cube here, but there were a few issues I noticed when looking over the list + a few drafts I did. The first thing to note is that a good, balanced environment will fall along a power band. If you want...
  10. shamizy

    General CBS

    It might have gotten lost in between our UG discussion, but I did lay out some brief thoughts on BW Aggro (and sample lists) in a post a few replies back. This is 100% my jam though and one of the archetypes I've devoted the most time to fleshing out, so I'll lay it out more thoroughly. For...
  11. shamizy

    General CBS

    A fine point. I did cut some one mana dorks a while back in favor of supporting different archetypes in green. There were only so many 1 mana elves that I actually wanted. I mean, UG Tempo CAN theoretically come together in my list, but a LOT needs to go your way. There may just end up being too...
  12. shamizy

    General CBS

    Well, there's a simple answer here: I just don't support UG all that much. I tried before, but it just wasn't worth it. There was no real way for me to establish a UG identity at my power level that really shined in various drafts. That's why there are generic cards now with Edric, Spymaster...
  13. shamizy

    General CBS

    Grillo mentioned BW earlier and issues it has aggro-wise, but I just haven't seen it personally. I LOVE drafting BW Humans or something more Stax-y in my cube pretty often actually. I will actively look to go into it if I can get the early Champion of the Parish or Bloodsoaked Champions (Two...
  14. shamizy

    Card/Deck Single Card Spotlight

    But to get it to a 5/5, you really need to have picked up all of the fixing you could possibly get your hands on. There's a cost there sequencing and fetch-wise to really maximize this card versus Monolith which is just a free 3 mana boost with no hoops to jump through. I've found that more of...
  15. shamizy

    General CBS

    Guild wise, I think my rankings are as follows: 1. {B/G} 2. {U/R} 3. {U/B} 4. {W/B} 5. {W/U} 6. {B/R} 7. {R/G} 8. {G/W} 9. {R/W} 10. {G/U} I just don't like UG at all, it tries to be all these different things but usually just defaults to something good-stuffy. There's no real identity...
  16. shamizy

    Card/Deck Single Card Spotlight

    The more I think about it, the more I'm interested in the new Crystalline Crawler from C16. Let's say the average case scenario is being able to Converge at 3 on T4, usually in some Grixis or Sultai deck. Assuming you hit your 5th land drop, on T5 you have the option of tapping to put one...
  17. shamizy

    Card/Deck Single Card Spotlight

    I don't know from personal experience, but I would assume he's pretty strong 1v1. I don't imagine that you end up ulting it very often, but why would you bother with that when alternating the +1 and -1 could virtually lock out your opponent of relevant threats. Not to mention that combining it...
  18. shamizy

    General Making control decks more interesting

    That's a cool little combo, but it's a wee bit slow to pull off effectively. Unless I've ramped out an early Gifts, that looks like a T6 play and you've spent the previous two turns not playing anything to impact the board. The only problem I have with Splendid Reclamation in general is that...
  19. shamizy

    Shamim's Cube

    So with Kaladesh and the upcoming Aether Revolt, we're getting access to a lot more artifact support than we've seen in recent years. I wasn't explicitly supporting an archetype centered around artifacts before this (aside from UB Tezz that came together with forcing from pack 1 onwards), but I...
  20. shamizy

    Sets Commander 2016 Spoilers

    I actually think Advokist is just a bad card. You and your opponent each grow a creature, but now they just have a bigger blocker than before. If they kill the Advokist right after, then you're left facing down a slightly bigger threat. It's only good if you can keep your opponents board clear...
Top