General Aesthetics Debate Club: Optimizing Art in Cube (Daily!)

Hate the bog-standard frame and would rather never see it in my own cube, but Moeller's art is the best for this card
Are we discussing just art or also frame? Because if it is also frame then I have a clear winner:

c6fba2e4-ea27-4ef0-9b27-bc61a7c6b0ab.jpg

For the Temple Garden, I know I'm late, but in my cube I have all original Shocklands from Ravnica block, except for the Temple Garden because I opened one foil from RTR (from a Dragon's Maze booster) when I was young and so it has a personal connection. And now I also like the art more

Rob Alexander on dual land art is awesome because he also has that awesome Underground Sea art from the very beginning. That Temple Garden art was also the first shockland spoiled for what turned out to be an exciting block overall. The shocks were shocking when they were spoiled. I wasn't expecting basic land types and being able to enter untapped. So put that all together, and I easily pick the Rob Alexander version based on nostalgia.

and let me know if you have any ideas for how to improve this!

I think it would be a good idea for you to change your schedule to 1 time per week.

And also stay out of the official spoiler seasons which are those 1-3 week periods where cards are being spoiled every day.

Day 5: Reclamation Sage | Results​

Christopher Moeller | M15 - 8 votes (73%)
Clint Cearley | PM15 - 3 votes (27%)
Ilker Yildiz | LTC - 0 votes

Not quite the results I anticipated based on casually browsing folks' cube

Day 6: Elvish Mystic | Survey

m14-169-elvish-mystic.jpgf14-2-elvish-mystic.jpgsld-475-elvish-mystic.jpgltc-238-elvish-mystic.jpgcmm-648-elvish-mystic.jpg
Wesley Burt | M11
Winona Nelson | F14
Magali Villeneuve | SLD
Iga Oliwiak | LTC
Greg Staples | CMM

Please enter your thoughts in the survey here!

Personally, Magali Villeneuve's is stunning to me. The original art is fine, but like Nelson's promo that came out originally, it doesn't inspire or excite. Should a 1-drop mana elf inspire or excite? I think so, and Villeneuve's charges my creativity and pulls me into the game of Magic in a...magical way.

Like with yesterday's vote, this is a situation where I'd have loved to make my cube more LotR-themed if possible, but the art is not terribly evocative of Middle Earth even ignoring the overly-bright digital sheen it's got to it.

For any of the singleton purists out there, this is perhaps a more complicated question considering the convergence of Llanowar Elves and its 10 different pieces of art, but I imagine that these Elvish Mystic variations would be discounted since the name doesn't carry the same weight as the OG elf.

I think it would be a good idea for you to change your schedule to 1 time per week.

And also stay out of the official spoiler seasons which are those 1-3 week periods where cards are being spoiled every day.

I guess I don't know what the benefit would be to puling back on this? I would have cut down on the cadence already had there been a drop-off in votes or chatter (I might discontinue weekend voting for my own sake) but I'm honestly pretty happy coming on these forums and seeing activity, the more the better as far as I can see. Is this crowding out other conversation?

On a more personal note, if I don't do something every day then I'm liable to forget and never do it again.