General (BRO) The Brother's War Spoilers

Right, the floor of 1G 2/3 is a respectable "fail" state, and the ceiling of tap ten 15 ya is absolutely something I'm into, and then you can pay in installments, and there's stuff in between, it's clearly at least interesting! It's also an artifact and makes an artifact. But I have no idea how good it actually is because it's way too complex for me to evaluate without playing it.

tread.jpg

Bushwhack - {G}
Sorcery
Choose one:
• Search your library for a basic land card. Reveal it, put it into your hand, and then shuffle.
• Target creature you control fights target creature you don't control.

Compare:

Bushwhack is the first fight spell I've liked since Mage Duel in that it's fair for both players (Primal Might can fuck right off, it's way too close to unconditional removal for Green). I also adore the pun and would likely play it for how well it works on that level alone.

Last edited:
I was super uninterested in this last night when I first saw it, but then I woke up with a realization that I have 98 humans for Champion of the Parish and also exactly 98 artifacts. Ooh.

Does green want this as much as white? No.

Does it annoy me that this card has the unnecessarily wordy "if this is the first time this ability has resolved this turn..." on it that will only disrupt (fun) edge cases in Cube? Yes.

Do I wish the card didn't have the deathtouch ability just for word count purposes? Also yes.

Do I still draft with Experiment One? Err...no, I guess I took it out a bit ago.

But! Is the Wurmlet cute? Absolutely.

Do I want him in my cube? Terribly so.

I was super uninterested in this last night when I first saw it, but then I woke up with a realization that I have 98 humans for Champion of the Parish and also exactly 98 artifacts. Ooh.

Does green want this as much as white? No.

Does it annoy me that this card has the unnecessarily wordy "if this is the first time this ability has resolved this turn..." on it that will only disrupt (fun) edge cases in Cube? Yes.

Do I wish the card didn't have the deathtouch ability just for word count purposes? Also yes.

Do I still draft with Experiment One? Err...no, I guess I took it out a bit ago.

But! Is the Wurmlet cute? Absolutely.

Do I want him in my cube? Terribly so.
Many tokens are artifacts right? Clues, treasure, powerstone, it all helps it grow

These two "green" one drops are almosts for me. The Wurmlet would need to be able trigger multiple times a turn to get the nod over something like Gnarlwood Dryad in my cube (which I don't even run), and the noncreature criteria on the Mite is a bummer.

If nothing else it gives you an artifact token? And you only lose a Powerstone if it dies?

EDIT:

sarinthsteelseeker.jpg

This is a nice boyo. It's not necessarily a powerful boyo, but it's a nice boyo.

If nothing else it gives you an artifact token? And you only lose a Powerstone if it dies?

EDIT:

sarinthsteelseeker.jpg

This is a nice boyo. It's not necessarily a powerful boyo, but it's a nice boyo.
exactly this card, but 2/2 and it just explores when an artifact ETB, would make my cube no sweat. this fella is a really nice design

EDIT:

sarinthsteelseeker.jpg

Is that a Pokeball he’s swinging around? If so he should be summoning creatures, not drawing lands.

Secondly, what’s going on under his bottom lip? Overgrown soul patch? Minimalist goatee? Shave it all off or grow a proper beard.

I will not cube this card.

I really want to use it for the first two abilities. But I sadly don't think I will choose those two options very often :(

Chris Taylor

Contributor
1667510217171.png
Hostile Negotiation 3B
Instant
Exile the top three cards of your library in a pile face down, then exile the top three cards of your library in another pile face down. Look at the cards and turn a pile of your choice face up. Target opponent chooses a pile. Put that pile into your hand and the other pile into your graveyard. You lose 3 life.

Okay so it's instant speed Ambitions Cost, but with a game.

Notes:
-Locking in the size of each pile, and the contents of each pile I think is a huge benifit over fact or fiction.
-Half hidden info is much cooler than all face up (or all face down, though I don't think that's been done?)
-This puts the mind games front and center, which I think is a great place for this style of card. (What do you do when one pile is just 3 lands? What about 2 lands and an impactful spell vs 2 marginal spells and a land? vs 3 marginal spells?)

Now I just need to see weather my format wants bulk draw spells like this in the first place, and weather we can afford to be losing 3 life.