General CBS

Right now, I'm tinkering with triangle archetypes.
For example, Bant will be Flash and Abzan will have +1/+1 counters, and those both will have some overlap with one of the more aggressive archetypes I'm trying to implement: Naya with Werewolves and Hatebears. :D this is just an idea, since I'm trying to find an archetype for every single triangle combination (at first, I had Temur Flashwolves but didn't know what Naya, Bant and Abzan should do, so I decided to split it into Bant Flash and Naya HateWolves, not sure if Werewolves and Hatebears will play well together, but on paper, it doesn't look too bad). Of course I don't want to slam any hatebear people know into the list, but rather ones that will always have an impact and are therefore easily maindeckable.

Those would play well with either Bant Flash or the Abzan Growing archetype. I already know which werewolves I want to try but I'm not sure which Hatebears are generally playable and also will have enough impact in that archetype. Here's a list of what I already gathered:

werewolves that fall into a similar category

I don't have any experience with those in limited/cube. As I often mentioned on these forums, my cube will be a lower powered one and also a bit slower.
Anyone here who can share some experience?

Dom Harvey

Contributor
Hatebears tend to be frustrating to play against and not all that satisfying to play with. In Constructed they work because decks can be built under very specific constraints - Sanctum Prelate might shut off a third of someone's deck if you put it on 1 but it's hard to imagine it being that effective vs any possible Cube deck (...maybe in the 2-3-7 Cube), Thalia is money when Villain's goal is casting 10+ noncreature spells in a turn, and so on.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
I have a bunch of evoke / elemental shenanigans in my Eldrazi Domain cube. They work great with sac outlets, as you can evoke the creature and then sacrifice it before it kills itself.

Right now, I'm tinkering with triangle archetypes.
For example, Bant will be Flash and Abzan will have +1/+1 counters, and those both will have some overlap with one of the more aggressive archetypes I'm trying to implement: Naya with Werewolves and Hatebears. :D this is just an idea, since I'm trying to find an archetype for every single triangle combination (at first, I had Temur Flashwolves but didn't know what Naya, Bant and Abzan should do, so I decided to split it into Bant Flash and Naya HateWolves, not sure if Werewolves and Hatebears will play well together, but on paper, it doesn't look too bad). Of course I don't want to slam any hatebear people know into the list, but rather ones that will always have an impact and are therefore easily maindeckable.

Those would play well with either Bant Flash or the Abzan Growing archetype. I already know which werewolves I want to try but I'm not sure which Hatebears are generally playable and also will have enough impact in that archetype. Here's a list of what I already gathered:

werewolves that fall into a similar category

I don't have any experience with those in limited/cube. As I often mentioned on these forums, my cube will be a lower powered one and also a bit slower.
Anyone here who can share some experience?

Specific of those can be decent in cube environments, usually off an independently good body or other effect. I think these are good on their own merits and not overly tied to needing a constructed playstyle:

Reasons
1. Afterlife and protecting your plays against control.
2. first strike and protecting you plays against control.
3. flying body and helping keep the way clear for attacks.
4. first strike and helping keep the way clear for attacks.
5. a highly effective reach body that is good counterplay to the spells deck and doesn't need a lot of spells from their side to pop off.

and if you have fetchlands in your envinronment, possibly

Maybe it was one of the links in that thread, but I've also seen one where everyone gets 20 Servitors in their pool. The concept looks like it would be an absolute blast, but the novelty likely wears off. Tough to say.

Tons of variants to try with Servitors.

Seller on tcgplayer has 191 for 20 cents each. Hmmmm.....

Oh man, CubeCobra Cube overviews now have full markdown implemented. Articles too! I remember there were only a handful of basic options before, but there's so much you can do now. I must have missed it being highlighted in recent updates, but now you can get some really pretty overviews going with formatting and embedded images.

I just spent the last 20 minutes touching up mine and it's looking pretty pretty good.

Oh man, CubeCobra Cube overviews now have full markdown implemented. Articles too! I remember there were only a handful of basic options before, but there's so much you can do now. I must have missed it being highlighted in recent updates, but now you can get some really pretty overviews going with formatting and embedded images.

I just spent the last 20 minutes touching up mine and it's looking pretty pretty good.
Adding external image files to articles is a huge upside in my opinion, it allows for more fancy graphics work!