General CBS

Talking about conditional removal (which I'm a big fan of):

Would you say those three are at around the same powerlevel, so including all three of them in the same cube could make sense?
In my experience, you wouldn't cast a Spite/Blitz on t1/2 or even 3 anyway, because it's hard to have played enough instants/sorceries until then, so I think that the Javelineer's the one that makes the most sense out of the three.

I think the Javelineer is quite a bit better than the other two, but they are in the same general magnitude of power. I would much rather run a spell like shock that does a consistent amount of damage for use on early turns as you mention.

I'm really not a fan of any of them overall. A little too conditional for removal in my opinion, and they can't hit a player when needed.

So... Strixhaven spoilers:

en_vV0F3cJN6J.png
en_9Gk59P6XdZ.png
en_YKtrpGddjt.png
en_Fod0dWBGuh.png
en_YLBxEBkb5h.png

en_vguvAM0djy.png
en_VoOTzlGkF7.png
en_GvGcna4vRF.png

First off, I notice a new term "mana value" on two of the cards. I'm guessing that that's going to be the new term for converted mana cost moving forwards? I guess it's way shorter.

Also wow these are solid spells. I really like Quandrix Command, personally.

I think all of the commands look really good, with Silverquil perhaps being the weakest? For me, they fall into the area of good stuff gold cards, which I'm trying hard to resist.

The Mystical Archive cards are, if anything, harder to resist. rip my wallet.

Talking about conditional removal (which I'm a big fan of):

Would you say those three are at around the same powerlevel, so including all three of them in the same cube could make sense?
In my experience, you wouldn't cast a Spite/Blitz on t1/2 or even 3 anyway, because it's hard to have played enough instants/sorceries until then, so I think that the Javelineer's the one that makes the most sense out of the three.

I've played with Blitz in a UR tempo deck in standard, and even in a dedicated constructed deck it's only ok. If you play a ton of spells it can of course kill any fatty for just two mana which is good, but you have to do that really late, which means you're early game is much weaker. Most of the time searing spear is better.

I really like Great Oak Guardian, a card good in Flash and Tokens, but I fear it might even be too good for my environment. It's no Craterhoof Behemoth, but damn he functions as both finisher (through buffing the whole team) and removal (being a 6/7 blocker with instant speed that also untaps and grows everyone else on your side of the field, which can actually be pretty devastating). How much this fits into higher powered cube is something I'm not able to tell, but I'd give it a shot. Flash is one of the most fun playstyles, makes you feel smart even if you are not lol

I just noticed that a seller, that I used to be fond of, has listed some card two or three times, with all but one listed with a normal, low price (sometimes as low as 0,04€), but on then is astronomically high (999€). Has someone seen this before? Could this be malevolently intentional or is it just a bug on the page? o_O

I hesitate to buy there now and I contacted them to inform them, how bad of an image this is.

It's way too early to accuse someone, just wait until they answer you.

on another topic:
some days ago, I brought temporary protection like protection (duh), hexproof and indestructible to discussion.
I wanted to hear from you because
- I find it hard to evaluate
- I support heroic and want some protection outside of blue counters
- each of those three is highly non-interactive, and I wanted to know how you think about those as temporary effects

I loved temporary hexproof in limited, as there are no random blowouts and it does what it does: protect from spot removal.
I also liked protection kinda, since it's highly flexible (removal protection, combat trick, evasion) but that's also the reason why I find it to be a bit too good.
In the first place, I just wanted non-blue(!) protection from removal, so hexproof looked best, but there are only three cards I like in Snakeskin Veil, Veins of Vastwood and Blossoming Defense. Since I actually wanted White to get something special, I just went with protection instead.

Well, that's obv not satisfying, but since I already had Angel of Salvation on my radar for the GUWB Flash archetype, I started to look up some 'prevent next damage to creature' spells, that could both work as combat trick and protection from damage-based removal! :) since I toned down on the powerlevel of removal a bit, and have a lot of damage-based removal (even sweepers!) this idea started to get quite legit.

Those are, in my opinion, the best of their kind.
Never thought that I'd test some of those, since I always thought that those are generally weaker than pump-spells (that could also be used offensively, which is a huge plus) but that's not necessarily true. For example, the angel, remedy and embolden let you spread the damage prevention, while Pay No Heed counters a damage-based sweeper and Harm's Way and Kor Chant/Dirge even redirect the damage to another creature, which is actually pretty strong! Since my cube is pretty combat-oriented, I fear this might even be too good lol
Safe Passage is a fog that also counters sweepers/spot removal as long as it's damage-based.

Just wanted to share it since it feels very obvious but also very weird.

EDIT:
there's also regeneration, especially for black/green in the form of
Boon of Erebos
Mending Touch
Wrap in Vigor
Refresh
Dark Dabbling

EDIT2:
Undying Evil
Supernatural Stamina
Verdant Rebirth

Seen it hundreds of times. I think it’s more of a psychological thing for the seller when they are ‘boxing’ their items into categories. Maybe they have 7 copies of a card for sale and 1 extra copy that they bring around in their actual physical folder to tournaments. That one extra is possible to sell but not before the others are sold. It could also be a case of “I don’t want to sell cards from my own deck but in case anyone wants to pay way too much, then fine.” This is probably not the answer in this case but I have seen items at sale for 0,5€ and 6€ for the same item. I expect someone will SOMETIMES buy the last one as well and which case it is win-win for the seller-buyer.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
I just noticed that a seller, that I used to be fond of, has listed some card two or three times, with all but one listed with a normal, low price (sometimes as low as 0,04€), but on then is astronomically high (999€). Has someone seen this before? Could this be malevolently intentional or is it just a bug on the page? o_O

I hesitate to buy there now and I contacted them to inform them, how bad of an image this is.

It's neither a bug nor malevolent, but it is intentional. In addition to the reasons Velrun mentions, there are two other important reasons I'm aware of. The first one is to deter people from doing a buyout to artificially inflate prices. After all, if you want to do a successful buyout, you have to... well, buy out all sellers of the card you are trying to spike. If several sellers have one to a few copies on reserve at hugely inflated prices, however, that's a problem (for the people trying to do a buyout), because that's a loss you can't recoup. I've seen loads of professional sellers do this nowadays. The second one is to prevent going out of stock at a loss when a card unexpectedly turns out to be tournament viable and suddenly spikes.

I wouldn't worry about it. In fact, I actually like that your seller put the cards at €999, because that's a price that will immediately raise a red flag when you check out! Like Velrun, I've also seen sellers put a €0,50 card at €6, and that's a much smaller difference that might actually go unnoticed when checking out!

So, LadyMapi mentioned two good self-sufficient zombie tribal cards.
I figured that there's actually a pretty nice package:

+ cards like Stitched Drake, Relentless Skaabs, and Prized Amalgam
hell, even Stitcher Geralf and Ghoulcaller Gisa fit here if you want it that badly

got me thinking about a value package in RUG which is a colour combination I struggle to find identity (ironically, since it's my favourite 3-colour-combination):

+ cycle-lands like Forgotten Cave, manlands like Faerie Conclave
+ discard/looting effects with Vinecrasher and Groundskeeper
+ land sacrificers like Elvish Reclaimer, Goblin Razerunners and Squirrel Wrangler

It looks so complicated, and a lot of those cards seem to fit other strategies way better (retrace for spells, reclamation and vinecrasher for selfmill).
I like some of the listed cards like the aforementioned, also Groundskeeper and Ramunap Excavator, and especially the two gold cards, but I'm just.. not convinced.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
If you know your way around rest API's it should be possible to make a query for all cards in a given set: https://scryfall.com/docs/api/cards/search

Alternatively, you can view a set like this: https://scryfall.com/sets/khm?order=set&as=checklist

If you select the first however many rows*, you can copy + paste this to excel, which automatically should put the card names in a separate column. You can then copy + paste the contents of this column to Notepad, and then you have your whole list.

* I'm guessing you don't want to include alternate arts here.**
** In the case of Kaldheim, this comes down to the first 275 rows*** if you exclude the basic snow lands.
*** Not including the header row.