General CBS

Does anyone know if there exists inner sleeves in colors?

I am Brainstorming a way to mark my cards without stickers or sharpies. I thought inner sleeves could be a way if there exist some in colors that are not the normal perfectly see-through.

Thanks Kirb, I'll just sit down with a tea and the 3700 results lol. It's for fair but interesting and fun necrotic ooze interactions. Might be useful to narrow down the route of effects but worried I'll miss something fun or interesting.

There’s a lot of good ones. You could start a thread for these types of creatures. I think safra started a thread for creatures with tap effects, but that’s pretty old and doesn’t cover ones that self-sac and have non-tapping abilities. Or I can throw a list here of my favs when I’m at a computer

Thanks Inscho, lots of good stuff there, and actually have quite a lot of it already, which is promising and reassuring. The trick is finding stuff which you'd want for reasons of it's own, so not going to be playing Bloodfire Colossus for instance ;) Thanks for posting.

Thanks Inscho, lots of good stuff there, and actually have quite a lot of it already, which is promising and reassuring. The trick is finding stuff which you'd want for reasons of it's own, so not going to be playing Bloodfire Colossus for instance ;) Thanks for posting.

Right. I cast a pretty wide net, because you use some offbeat stuff.

You never know when the Stuffy Doll combo deck is the final piece of the puzzle.

I wandered a bit into scryfall wondering what kind of redundancy you could find for Necrotic Ooze between having creatures in the graveyard and activated abilities; a deck you could find yourself in without finding the ooze during draft perhaps. I thought these were some neat pieces to pick from:

Some of the cards act as redundancy with Necrotic Ooze being in your graveyard, but still have the ability to do some of ooze's business if absent, by way of copy/reanimation effects. Could be some room there too for some creatures-in-graveyard-as-a-toolbox to round some of it out.

And supposing you want to get cute...

What are your favorite examples of guides/intros that people have written for their cubes?

I'm in the process of updating my cube guide, and finding that my previous format is not really relevant to my current design goals.

Last edited:
@Heymaker Thanks for the wander through Scryfall! A lot of the cards you listed are pretty much reanimation - the beauty of ooze for me, is the combining of different abilities in one card. I'll have a lot of the reanimations to 'protect' the ooze, so that's okay. The one which is most interesting Havengul Lich I think - can recur the ooze and copies the abilities, and ooze can bring back the Lich. Interesting...

I was gonna play King Narfi's Betrayal (which is pretty good) but maybe I'll have to think about the Lich instead?

Hm...Lich is more interesting as an engine piece to me. I think it has a little more play to it with proper support. It might just be a question of how much real estate you would be willing to alter for the Lich. I'm not sure I would prefer it over Betrayal if Lich is more of a value dude...I want to do wacky stuff with it...recur things that sacrifice for a "buyback" effect, etc

A lot of those are too strong for this environment, but I added the 'free' spells and a few cost reducers. Like I said, I don't need too much of a storm count.

Has anyone else run "small storm?" How was it? I'm also vaguely interested in it, but it feels like most cubes either Support Storm or don't have anything with storm at all. I just want Crow Storm to be a real win con.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
What if we rectangle drafted but the seats didn't belong to any specific people and anybody can come in and take picks for any spot? We could crank out test decks for cube so quickly.

Or like... two teams? So you still feel invested somehow. Each team takes 4 seats.

Last edited:
Reactions: dbs

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
What if we rectangle drafted but the seats didn't belong to any specific people and anybody can come in and take picks for any spot? We could crank out test decks for cube so quickly.

Or like... two teams? So you still feel invested somehow. Each team takes 4 seats.
Personally I like making my own picks. Drafting together can also be fun, but anonymously sharing picks with others seems a bit counterproductive to drafting with a plan.

Has anyone else run "small storm?" How was it? I'm also vaguely interested in it, but it feels like most cubes either Support Storm or don't have anything with storm at all. I just want Crow Storm to be a real win con.

Storm as an actual win-con demands a lot of cube space. Maybe your cube already has many of those components so it would be less disruptive. But routinely firing off a crow storm with >5 copies is going to take some work.

That said, this can be inserted into a fairly standard spells matters framework to ratchet up the storm count:

And this can make any spell feel like a storm card and give you that combo vibe with minimal disruption to your cube:

Last edited: