General CBS

LOL...The message count also didn't change with my post. Is it counting private messages? What kind of Big Brother bullshit is this place?

Yeah as Inscho mentions, none of these recent messages have moved the dashboard's dial at all. Still 100,000 on the nose. I would assume it updates only periodically, still interesting that one somehow manages to discount deletions.

LOL...The message count also didn't change with my post. Is it counting private messages? What kind of Big Brother bullshit is this place?
Sometimes a post gets deleted, be it by the poster themselves (I know I removed a fair share of accidental double posts) or a mod.
The "message" count on the forum statistics page counts the total number of messages currently on the site, the post number ID includes all total posts, including ones that have been previously deleted. So post 103,286 is the 100,000th "saved" post, because 3,286 posts have been deleted due to spam, moderator action, or double-post removal.

This post has ID number 100,000.

The "message" count on the forum statistics page counts the total number of messages currently on the site, the post number ID includes all total posts, including ones that have been previously deleted. So post 103,286 is the 100,000th "saved" post, because 3,286 posts have been deleted due to spam, moderator action, or double-post removal.

This post has ID number 100,000.

(puts tin foil hat back into the drawer)

Kirblinx

Developer
Staff member
Yeah, I ran into this quirk while I was trying to figure out a new scraping tool for the Most Liked thread I was going to make when we hit 100,000 (shameless self plug).

Yeah, it is from deleted posts, and also from super secret threads that no one has access to >.> <.<

I was going to try and record what the 100,000th post was and put it in the thread, but since I only got here now and I am too lazy to math and figure out if any posts got deleted between now and 100,000 I think we just call Inscho's the mythical 100,000th post.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
Kirblinx's 'best posts' thread had me snooping old posts. I saw Onderzeeboot's Triplicating Two-Drops post was liked by a username I didn't really recognize. Which can happen. Usually it's somebody who made an account but doesn't have many posts. This was not the case here...

fulcrum.png

This person showed up when I stopped cubing, made a bunch of well-liked posts, and then disappeared as soon as I was coming back. Did I fall into a trance and make an alt-account without realizing it? Does this user hate me, and is just waiting in the murky waters until my next hiatus? I need answers!

Kirblinx's 'best posts' thread had me snooping old posts. I saw Onderzeeboot's Triplicating Two-Drops post was liked by a username I didn't really recognize. Which can happen. Usually it's somebody who made an account but doesn't have many posts. This was not the case here...

This person showed up when I stopped cubing, made a bunch of well-liked posts, and then disappeared as soon as I was coming back. Did I fall into a trance and make an alt-account without realizing it? Does this user hate me, and is just waiting in the murky waters until my next hiatus? I need answers!

I don't normally do it for archetypes, but back when I could run cube drafts more often I'd usually try to come up with more flavorful names for my manual uploads based upon the gameplay of the deck. It made them more memorable in the long run and my write-ups were more fun to complete after the fact.

Some of my favorites include UB Grindfather which was playing an old school grind it out style of UB control with tons of interaction and removal and like 2 win-cons. Another good one was Delirious Gitrog which was a GB deck that utilized The Gitrog Monster and had cards like Mindwrack Demon, Traverse the Ulvenwald and Grim Flayer utilizing the mechanic. It got there with enchantment creatures like Courser of Kruphix and Herald of Torment for extra card types as well as artifact lands from my ULD including Tree of Tales and Vault of Whispers. I also have a soft spot for a RW deck that was drafted a few years ago titled Mom and Pop's Thopter Shop whose gameplan was mostly setting up Purphoros, God of the Forge and playing out Pia and Kiran Nalaar, Angel of Invention, and other multi-body token producers to ping people to death. Shoutout to the Ragavan token generated by Kari Zev, Skyship Raider!

Mom and Pop's Thopter Shop is soo good. :D

I hope your Dimir Grindfather deck had some theft components as homage to the famous Memphis Grizzly Tony "The Grindfather" Allen who was known for his lockdown defense and otherworldly ability to get steals.

Mom and Pop's Thopter Shop is soo good. :D

I hope your Dimir Grindfather deck had some theft components as homage to the famous Memphis Grizzly Tony "The Grindfather" Allen who was known for his lockdown defense and otherworldly ability to get steals.

Sidebar: I'm a massive NBA nerd and a diehard Lakers fan. The latter being kind of rough after last night. It's super rare that I get to cross reference that in my other hobbies that have very little in common haha.

Yeah, actually was thinking of the Grizz when I named that deck and that grind-it-out approach they had a a couple of years back with Z-Bo/Gasol/Conley and company. The year they knocked San Antonio early and went seven with the Thunder was fun as hell. Always had mad respect for Tony Allen as a guy who was really really good at one specific aspect of the game and made it his thing. He's who Patrick Beverly pretends to be nightly.

I'm a massive NBA nerd

Same! :D

and a diehard Lakers fan

:(

Yeah, actually was thinking of the Grizz when I named that deck and that grind-it-out approach they had a a couple of years back with Z-Bo/Gasol/Conley and company. The year they knocked San Antonio early and went seven with the Thunder was fun as hell. Always had mad respect for Tony Allen as a guy who was really really good at one specific aspect of the game and made it his thing. He's who Patrick Beverly pretends to be nightly.

I consider Memphis my hometown, so that's my team. They just got knocked out of the first round as well. I caught a little of that LAL/PHX game and watching AD trying to play was tough.

Anyways, good to know another fan is here.....

back to our regularly scheduled the magical nerdery.