RiptideLab's Most Liked Posts - 100,000 Posts Edition

Kirblinx

Developer
Staff member
Wait, it isn't the end of the year yet. Why I am doing the most liked posts?
Well, I thought we should celebrate the forum getting to 100,000 posts, as it has taken 8 years for us to get to this point.
So I went through and scraped all of the 100,000 posts in the forum (in a new way as my old didn't work with the forum upgrade).

"Will this just be all of the same posts that were in the previous 'Most Liked Posts' threads?"; I hear you ask.
Well... Yes, but there has never been one of these for the entire life of the forum, just each year.
This is to pay tribute to all of those classic posts that people have loved in the past and put them all into one post.
Plus some of the reaction numbers change after I do each of my end of year posts, so some posts may actually have increased from my previous lists.

After scraping every post in the forum 2 days ago (I had prepared for the 100,000th post, but I was a tad too slow) I settled on listing every post that had 15 likes or more, which ends up being 42 posts. Each of the posts with the same amount of likes go from newest to oldest.

So here is...

RiptideLab's Most Liked Posts - 100,000 Post Edition

15 Likes

42. 28/5/21 - Jason Waddell - Jason Trying to Keep Things Civil in the War About Venser
41. 20/4/21 - Japahn - The Art and Science of Giving Choices (Article)
40. 24/10/20 - Nemo - Average Words Per Card
39. 2/6/20 - Japahn - Cube Occasionals (Article)
38. 30/5/19 - Onderzeeboot - Triplicating Two-Drops
37. 30/5/17 - Eric Chan - An MTGO Cube Designed by and OG-Riptider
36. 16/1/17 - Aston - Aston's Dating Profile Tagline
35. 1/12/16 - Kirblinx - Repping My Favourite Forum at Work
34. 29/11/16 - Shamizy - Archetype Spotlight: Black White Humans (Article)
33. 19/10/16 - Eric Chan - Giving Jason a Way to publish a Negative Article
32. 15/6/16 - Dom Harvey - We Need to Talk About Cubing (Article)
31. 30/12/15 - RavebornMuse - Let's Discuss What Makes Cards 'Fun'
30. 17/7/15 - Dom Harvey - Don't Let Anyone Talk You Out of Double Ninja
29. 8/2/14 - Jason Waddell - Stock Poster Biases

16 Likes
28. 30/4/21 - Jason Waddell - The RiptideLab Community and Fun-Maximization Philosophy
27. 8/2/21 - Japahn - Lessons From Kaldheim (Article)
26. 29/4/20 - MurphysHuman - Dense Commons from Ikoria Limited
25. 19/1/19 - Chriskool - Ari Lax's Article "3/2's for Three is the Place to Be"
24. 10/1/18 - Mad Prophet - The Prophet's Approach to Cube Design
23. 5/1/18 - Mad Prophet - Too Many Lands... 2 Years Later
22. 23/9/16 - Onderzeeboot - Snakes on a Skysoveriegn
21. 27/6/16 - Safra - In Response to Emotional Spikes in Cube Design
20. 2/12/15 - CML - The Difference in Cube Design Philosophies
19. 10/9/15 - FlowerSunRain - Balduvian Trading Post on Power-Max Design

17 Likes
18. 1/12/18 - Velrun - A Photo From Our Special Day
17. 23/4/18 - Jason Waddell - Ode to James
16. 12/4/17 - B8R - The New 2-Mana Planeswalker
15. 20/11/16 - Diakonov - Become a God and Recreate the Gamestate at Your Will
14. 28/9/16 - Vennythekid - Your Patronus is a...
13. 24/6/16 - Onderzeeboot - Is Brainstorm the Right Tool for the Job?
12. 19/6/16 - Genericco - Forbidden Words 2016

18 Likes
11. 3/2/21 - Onderzeeboot - Cross Appeal in Cube (Article)
10. 8/3/17 - Diakonov - The Flavor of Djinn of Wishes
9. 12/12/15 - Safra - Doomsday in Cube

19 Likes
8. 2/6/20 - Japahn - Embrace the Chaos (Article)
7. 12/9/18 - Safra - Making a Flat Power Band and the Sunk Cost Fallacy

20 Likes
6. 29/5/19 - Onderzeeboot - Triplicating One-Drops

21 Likes
5. 24/3/21 - Tjornan - Introducing the Cube Map

24 Likes
4. 10/9/15 - Aston - Aston's Balduvian Trading Post

25 Likes
3. 8/1/19 - Dbs - Chasing the "Artifact Deck" (Article)

27 Likes
2. 16/6/19 - Japahn - Archetype Shapes (Article)

29 Likes
1. 13/1/18 - Dom Harvey - Alternative Posting Systems

There we have it. Riptide's current most liked posts out of the 100,000 posts submitted to the forum. As per usual, the list will be inaccurate as soon as I post this (well, even before as I have liked some of these so the numbers aren't even correct now :p) but it is nice to see the history of the forum all in one post and I had a great time re-looking over all these great posts. I didn't even realise how many of them I hadn't liked myself, so I corrected that.

If anyone has any requests as they would like me to find out, or what I should plan for for the end of the year, I am always willing to provide.
Peace Out, and Enjoy :)

Last edited:

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
That Brainstorm post is my finest work on this site :D

I love that this is mostly a mix of in depth thoughts on cubing and epic shitposts :')

The more I read up on Balduvian Trading Post the more convinced I am that it's some incredibly elaborate April Fool's Day joke by you all. Has it been scoured from the internet? I can find a couple of saved records of it on waybackmachine, but both of them redirect...right back here.

Or maybe it's all just Mad Prophet's doing.

The more I read up on Balduvian Trading Post the more convinced I am that it's some incredibly elaborate April Fool's Day joke by you all. Has it been scoured from the internet? I can find a couple of saved records of it on waybackmachine, but both of them redirect...right back here.

Or maybe it's all just Mad Prophet's doing.
oh it’s real, but when one of them started posting about the perpetual drafting machine she’d invented to work in tandem with her machine-learning self-curating cube... the powers that be “disappeared” the whole site

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
I've heard they briefly took their forums to the dark web before having to address complaints that it was 'too accessible', and most of the prominent members have taken their discussions off the grid by starting a commune at an undisclosed location.

That said, transcripts of their discussions still leak from time to time.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
I obviously have no evidence to back this claim up, but I'm half convinced that the BTP forum was disbanded by the CIA because the AI-based infinite fractal cube they were building was threatening a singularity event.

Can we take a minute to appreciate the fact that the second most liked post on our forum is an in-depth conversation about archetype design, while the first is a short-form tongue-in-cheek meme?

I'm a bit sad none of my posts made it on here, I guess I just wasn't meming hard enough. I'll be back for 200K!

:texas: