General CBS

Dom Harvey

Contributor
Other problems with enchantments:

- The ease of removing them varies greatly, to the extent that red basically can't do it and the printing of Feed the Swarm was a much more important moment for black than it should have been. If an enchantment is too good, the Grixis colours will have a very hard time with it
- The good enchantments are split between general enchantments that often go in slower midrange decks or specific strategies and Auras that want a lot of cheap + strong creatures

And after that it‘s ‚Dune down the Power‘. That expansion will be spicy and sandworm its way into our dark hearts of the wood.
After that we‘ll get Secret Lair Teela and Mistresses of the Universe, introducing the keyword ‚unwatchable‘.
I read ‘Secret Lair Tesla’ for all those who wants to own a Tesla but can only afford 25 % of one (because that’s how much it will cost.)

F76EBEE7-1EDD-4043-8233-D82DA237B17F.pngD7826CEC-7618-4E2C-98C9-9B878B5AB89A.jpeg

Last edited:
Other problems with enchantments:

- The ease of removing them varies greatly, to the extent that red basically can't do it and the printing of Feed the Swarm was a much more important moment for black than it should have been. If an enchantment is too good, the Grixis colours will have a very hard time with it
- The good enchantments are split between general enchantments that often go in slower midrange decks or specific strategies and Auras that want a lot of cheap + strong creatures
Well, artifacts had the same points you mention. Black could not destroy them. Besides what is wrong that a color has a weakness? As long as you still have a great shot at winning against it. There are a lot of growing enchantments, spell enchantments, sleeper, hidden enchantments which are quite good. Enchantments are not colorless unlike most artifacts, but that is not really a con in my book.

Hm, I think going about enchantment as a tribal theme is probably the wrong way to go. Delirium is a good example of when having enchantments in your deck gets rewarded. I think probably the same is true for devotion? Rewards you for having more permanents in play rather than playing spells that go to the graveyard.

Sanctum Weaver has a great floor and it isn't A then B. The rest sort of sucks.

A lot of the enchantment stuff is good with density, but the density isn't nearly as free to amass as it is for artifacts. More cards that count enchantments currently in play rather than ones that come down after would be big.

For example, Eidolon of Blossoms has a lot of potential, but it's hurt by needing enchantments in your hand the next turn and not caring about enchantments in play. Maybe that wouldn't hurt as bad if enchantments had a deeper pool of good ones, but there simply isn't unless you want to make all your white removal an enchantment. Even then, you're on mostly 3 MV sorcery speed removal.

Besides what is wrong that a color has a weakness?
Not being able to interact with a whole card type is poor design. I think colours can have weakness but not being able to interact is not far off from not being able to draw cards. It should be a basic effect, not a weakness. Either way, it's not a huge problem if you keep it in mind or your decks can

Now, black can interact with enchantments through discard and blue can bounce and counter them. So that's not too bad.

I feel as if we have a thread for cards that lead to good stories/memories, ya? I can't figure out what to search if we do. Anyone have a link? If not, I'm going to start that thread.

Is it from your cube? You could go over the card list with your mouse to search out the card giving the error. Not sure why you would be getting one though.

What the h*ck. I have an invalid card now, too. Was fine the other day. Could be an issue on their end? I'm going to hope it passes and leave it for now.

What the h*ck. I have an invalid card now, too. Was fine the other day. Could be an issue on their end? I'm going to hope it passes and leave it for now.
You have *two* invalid cards, after taking a quick peek :confused:

This seems to affect a very specific subset of cards, and has the same issue across cubes. I notice that both you and erik have (potentially) the same 2 mana green sorcery invalidated.

CubeCobra knows about this issue:
Code:
We experienced a data corruption issue that modified some cards in cube lists. If you're seeing the errors Cannot read property 'map' of undefined, Card with id [...] not found, or anything similar, chances are your cube now contains a cards named "Invalid Card" in place of some of your cards. We are currently investigating the cause of this issue. To fix the errors you see, you need to remove all "Invalid Card" cards from your cube and replace them with regular cards. You can do so by following these steps:
1. Search your cube list for the name "Invalid Card". If you find any such cards, you are experiencing this issue.
2. Note which cards have been replaced by these Invalid Cards. Reports indicate that the issue is tied to cards from the Mystical Archive. Some data like tags, notes, and color should remain unchanged and can help you remember exactly which cards are missing.
3. Using the Add/Remove form at the top of your cube's List page, remove the card "Invalid Card"; type Invalid Card into the "Card to Remove" field, click Remove/Replace, then click Save Changes.
4. If any instances of "Invalid Card" remain in your cube, repeat step 3 until they've all been removed.
5. Using the Add/Remove form, add in the cards that are missing from your cube.

We're sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused and thank you for your understanding.

So I'd check in the mystical archive list to remember what those cards were:
https://scryfall.com/sets/sta?as=grid&order=set

I'm guessing the green sorceries we are seeing invalid are regrowth, the white instant could be a couple things, but swords to plowshares and ephemerate are likely candidates. The red sorcery in Brad's list is probably faithless looting or claim the firstborn

Ok, this is a weird one, and might warrant a thread if it weren't so specific, but I'm looking for cool cards to Sharpie. Strictly removing information from the card.

This has been an idea I've had for a while but didn't want to explore because it's really weird. MID had a few cards that have pushed this forward for me:
Liesa, Forgotten Archangel {2}{W}{W}{B}
Legendary Creature - Angel
Flying, lifelink
Whenever another nontoken creature you control dies, return that card to its owner's hand at the beginning of the next end step.

If a creature an opponent controls would die, exile it instead.
4/5
Another complication with asking this is power level. To me, this is a cool grave hate card on a decent body, but the lifelink and potential card advantage make it to necessary to answer. For others, that's fine, but it's an example. Same thing with the new Gisa, if you've been following along.

Ominous Roost 2{U}
Enchantment
When Ominous Roost enters the battlefield or whenever you cast a spell from your graveyard, create a 1/1 blue Bird creature token with flying and "This creature can block only creatures with flying."
This one costs too much to me, so I'd just want to Sharpie off one mana.

Pyrewild Shaman {2}{R}
Creature — Goblin Shaman
Bloodrush — {1}{R}, Discard Pyrewild Shaman: Target attacking creature gets +3/+1 until end of turn.
Whenever one or more creatures you control deal combat damage to a player, if Pyrewild Shaman is in your graveyard, you may pay {3}. If you do, return Pyrewild Shaman to your hand.
3/1
One I've always wished could play like an aggro Squee.

I think the lands will probably be easy to set up. Outside of that, I wonder if anyone else has had this thought or has any input. It would be more of a creative project than something that comes together, most likely.

It's kind of hard to have an eye for with much consistency. It's even harder to think back and pinpoint a card like this. "This would be cooler if I crossed part out" isn't a skill any of us have practiced.

Open to any ideas, really.

Last edited:
I have no card backs on Cube Cobra when I look at the visual spoiler. Should I look other place for invalid cards?

Or could the issue have been solved for me even before I noticed?

I have Mystical Archive Regrowth in my list and it looks fine!

I guess count yourself lucky! I don't see any evidence on discord that they've resolved things from their end yet.

I have 17 cubes on Cube Cobra (Including our 'We Make the Cube') because many of them are theory crafting, future planning of cube changes, wants lists and Commander decks. None of them had any "Invalid" cards.

Carry on with Brad's topic 5 comments above! :D