General CBS

Just making a brief commercial to something that will improve your life :D

ETA 1 hour to the next What the Deck with Day[9] and Brian Kibler
Tonight's theme is "Tokens vs. Counters"

Last edited:
And they had a Midnight Hunt reveal card for the live stream.

Obviously it was a dragon because of…Kibler

Moonveil Regent.jpg

Last edited:
Jim Davis just finished up a small series going through his Cube as he re-sleeved it recently. Pretty entertaining with some good insight into his selections and thought process, he's definitely put a lot of time into working on this over the years. Here's the first of eight vids:

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
All this multiplayer trinket text had me thinking... what if there's a ghost third player you could attack in each game. They never get a turn, but they have 10 starting life or something.

I don't really know where I'm going with this but there seem like there could be some interactions. Some reward for killing them? It scales some of your multiplayer matters cards... until that player is dead.

Maybe you kill your opponent and die to your own Bitterblossom and the ghost wins.

I think there is something to work with there!

I find the topic interesting even though it’s not for me. However I will say I do not think the ghost should be able to win. In my opinion it should cease to exist when a player dies in a 1 v 1 game.

I suggest drawing 2 cards and gaining 5 life as a reward for dealing the last point of (combat?) damage to the ghost.

There is also an option to let each player have a ghost. In this way there is no sniping the reward for a kill and both players have equal options to go for the ghost face. Finally it gives players something to attack if they feel well enough defended to send out attackers but not strong enough to attack into the opponent’s face.

Killing a ghost could give a coolness-point. Something without value that can be used to brag with (“I’ve earned two ghost points tonight and five total this month”)

Last edited:
I don't think it's going to be so much about how morphs interact with decayed tokens (as you already said, morphs in the environment just make the tokens closer to being a 2 damage to target opponent). The incompatibility I suspect you'll find is the power delta between morphs and the cards that make decayed tokens.

I was considering

Mainly looking to add some tribal opportunities through the spells. Falcon Abomination looks the most problematic, and I'm not just talking about how ugly it is.

The D&D set was weird for me, because it didn't actually use a lot of Forgotten Realms specific lore outside of some of the legendary creatures/planeswalkers.

Now I wish it had been an Eberron (post-WW2 pulp fantasy, with velociraptor-riding halflings, elemental-powered trains, and robot veterans) or Dark Sun (post-apocalyptic fantasy, with GIANT BUGS as one of the playable races) set.

I wasn't actually planning on building that cube, honest!

I'm just vaguely curious about how you'd even design around it — Yugioh-style "name tribal" seems overly cute, after all.