General CBS

Anyone know how I search up cards on Scryfall that is Temur commander legal, requires all three colors but isn't actually green-blue-red?

Example:

This is commander Abzan legal, requires all three colors but isn't actually black, green and white.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Anyone know how I search up cards on Scryfall that is Temur commander legal, requires all three colors but isn't actually green-blue-red?

Example:

This is commander Abzan legal, requires all three colors but isn't actually black, green and white.
Yes! This does include cards that don't fit your criterium (like Frontier Bivouac), but it's a small result set that can be checked by hand, and this pattern guarantees you don't miss any cards.

Considering the numbers are 9, 9, 11, 12, 13, it's more like Abzan and Temur got the short end of the stick, somehow. Abzan also has the fewest cards that are tri-colored, so there truly is no justice in this world. Or maybe there is, considering it's by far the most boring wedge.

Getting to the point on the PokeCube that I need to worry about ratios a bit. What are useful to note, in your opinion?

onedrop
wrath
removal
counterspell

Those are my relevant tags so far. What else do you guys suggest? There's fewer sort options in MSE, so I have to add a note and then filter that way.

Reactions: dbs
i don’t do any FORMAL tag tracking beyond a quick “cut this” tag, but if i did…
trainwreck prevention (never enough)
mana dork
shock
bolt
doom blade
thoughtseize
counterspell
cantrip
wrath
oring (which is poor shorthand for “thing that kills noncreature threats”
4+ drops with no alternate cost (cut these, add more 1 drops)

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
woah blacksmithy, way too much granularity on the removal spells for my taste :) the distinction between mass removal and pinpoint removal, and maybe noncreature removal, is enough as far as tags go, imho.

buildaround
card advantage
card filtering
tutor
ramp
recursion
hand disruption
pump
tokens

woah blacksmithy, way too much granularity on the removal spells for my taste :) the distinction between mass removal and pinpoint removal, and maybe noncreature removal, is enough as far as tags go, imho.

buildaround
card advantage
card filtering
tutor
ramp
recursion
hand disruption
pump
tokens
haha like i said, the only tag i actually use is “cut this”

Chris Taylor

Contributor
I track
Interaction (VERY Broad, even bounce is here, snapcaster is here, etc)
Sweepers
Fixing Lands
Total# for each archetype (Currently in beta :p)
Brainstorm-esque Glue

The kids at work play with traditional MtG rules sometimes, but they mostly play a format they call "Mana Drop." The rules are that you can play as many lands per turn as you want and you always have seven cards in hand. I tried to explain that an X spell and 59 lands ruins this format, but they disagreed. I made something to bring with me tomorrow...

2 counterspell
1 negate
1 into the roil
1 blink of an eye
2 fireball
43 island
10 mountain
I finally got the chance to play this deck against the kids. The two that I did it to cracked up about it because I kept throwing seven lands down and drawing seven cards, then tapped 40+ lands to kill them. They had a good time and I explained that it shows the flaws of the rule set.

That said, they've moved on primarily to Commander with traditional rules without me having to expose the other format's flaws.