General CBS

Good call on the enchantment! Reminds me of The Restoration of Eiganjo that is a good fit too.

Yeah, I'm good on the artifact stuff (targets and producers). I also have a bunch of the good lands, minus Library of Alexandria. That one seems a bit too durdly, for too little effort.
library is a little above my own power level as a draftable card so i feel you XD
this archetype can also be a Bant or Naya thing VERY easily by co-opting existing artifact producers/payoffs in those colors

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Players are going to plan for the 3rd chapter and may even cut Urza’s Saga if they don’t have any targets to tutor for. What artifact 1 drops does this Selesnya deck want to play in your cube?

Players are going to plan for the 3rd chapter and may even cut Urza’s Saga if they don’t have any targets to tutor for. What artifact 1 drops does this Selesnya deck want to play in your cube?

Good question, that I took for granted. Looking at it, I do think the support is there

Cantrips

x2
x3

Mana

Win condition

Equipment

The big one I am missing is Currency Converter. I don't have any explicit discard synergies which is why I haven't included it until now. However, a second Urza's Saga changes things. Red and Blue have a decent density of discard effects, so that could go with what blacksmithy was saying about the deck branching into Naya or Bant colors.

I've also excluded Sensei's Divining Top because of time constraints (we always have the same drafter pick it super highly and then play it really slowly. It's agony).

I could see some tech ones being played like Elixir of Immortality and Gerrard's Hourglass Pendant for recursion purposes.

Are there any I forgot for the purposes of the GW deck?

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Good question, that I took for granted. Looking at it, I do think the support is there

Are there any I forgot for the purposes of the GW deck?
Yeah, there are some solid targets there, though I don't think Chromatic Star really gets there just as a Saga target, since it doesn't really add anything relevant to the GW Lands deck.

As for additional suggestions...

This is a cute card that works well in any (slower) graveyard-based strategy, especially because it can get back an accidentally milled key piece. It would work well with Ramunap Excavator and Knight of the Reliquary.

A narrow answer card. I don't know how valuable Naturalize is in your cube, but here's a variant that gains you a bit of life and can be tutored by Urza's Saga.

It's been mentioned before, but I just wanted to point out the synergy with Mondrak, Glory Dominus and Esika's Chariot to convince you of it's use case in GW.

Yeah, there are some solid targets there, though I don't think Chromatic Star really gets there just as a Saga target, since it doesn't really add anything relevant to the GW Lands deck.
I agree to some degree. In the perfect land deck, you don’t want the Stars. However, perfect is very rare and often you are a lands deck with some non-optimal picks or cards that will make use of them.
Serra Paragon and Traverse the Ulvenwald could tip you into running the Stars for example. Also they let you splash since it’s often a GW based 4-5 color deck. Wrenn and Six, The Gitrog Monster and Omnath, Locus of Creation benefit from the mana fixing.

Haywire Mite is one that I keep forgetting about. Many of my impactful artifacts are actually creatures though, so this really limits the utility.

Codex Shredder has legs. I've found Search for Azcanta decent, but sometimes wish I could play it in non-Blue decks. This is cheaper and fills the GY faster. You lose on the ramp + activation of the enchantment, but still have late game relevance with the recursion ability. I think I've found a swap, thanks :p

Last edited:
I just cut some cards from the list that I'm working on.

Upon starting a test draft, I saw one of the cards in the pack.

I check the blog and it says that the card was removed. The card, however is still in the list.

What ISN'T in the list is the card that was above it. I'm assuming this is true of the other cards which CubeCobra is showing (in the blog) that I cut, but never left the list. Is there possibly any way to figure out what was incorrectly removed from the list?

EDIT: I now noticed two cards missing from multicolored sections that I hadn't messed with today. Something is totally fucking up.
EDIT2: Another random card I just noticed missing. This is super demotivating to think that there's a handful of cards that got wrongly removed.
EDIT3: Now that specific list won't load at all. My other lists will. I also cloned the cube as a backup and the clone is slightly different than the original. Anyone have any thoughts?

Last edited:
I noticed something similar the other day - I had started up a new list, fiddled with something... and the cube got corrupted.

There's so many damn spoilers that CBS fell off the first page?!

Reply with a :snappy: if you play/know Yu-Gi-Oh. I'm making a custom cube (because Konami sucks at making cards) and could post it if anyone cares to see it or could assist with some designs.

There's so many damn spoilers that CBS fell off the first page?!

Reply with a :snappy: if you play/know Yu-Gi-Oh. I'm making a custom cube (because Konami sucks at making cards) and could post it if anyone cares to see it or could assist with some designs.
It's not too many spoilers, it's nobody had posted here since May lol.

I used to play yugioh before I discovered mtg. It just isn't a good card game imho. No cost system, no colors/categories really, and those are just my two biggest issues with it.
The old game had a lot more depth to it. Around or before Chaos summons, if you're familiar, was the peak imo.

Zombify, Wrath, etc, are all 0 mana in that game. Getting the most bang for your buck out of those big spells was important.

Figuring out which cards your opponent has face down is a big skill to develop, as well.

You're also effectively able to play a 5/5 on turn one. While it rarely happens (in balanced, pre-Chaos formats), the possibility of dying at any moment makes every turn very exciting.

I think I've only ever seen a single non-game in YGO because there's no mana system, so that's a big positive, as well.

I used to have a YGO cube and it was impossible to maintain without heavily breaking singleton. Even then, there's insufficient "color" balance across the attributes because Konami has never cared about that. While I maintained a cube of actual YGO cards, I ended up realizing that I wanted 0-1 cards per new set. This has led to me making my own.

That's a long way of saying "I agree with you, depending when you played."