General CBS

gordonramsayfinally.gif

honestly i think hunter is gonna be very annoying, and im sad that my legend go-to deck blood knight got basically zero cards, but my favorite classes got some great stuff too so im hopeful and happy

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
gordonramsayfinally.gif

honestly i think hunter is gonna be very annoying, and im sad that my legend go-to deck blood knight got basically zero cards, but my favorite classes got some great stuff too so im hopeful and happy
One more hour until we can spend our hard-earned gold on fresh boosters :D

so after crafting the Priest Titan, testing out some scuffed Mage, Priest, and Warrior decks, getting my ass handed to me in Bronze, then getting the DK Titan as my reward track random legend, i threw DK Titan into my Blood Knight Jund list... which contains no other Titans cards except Prison of Yogg.

instant 3 win streak.

LOOKS LIKE JUND IS BACK ON THE MENU

Set looks cracked. I've seen so many builds that look busted already, compared to the current meta o_O

Give it a few days. Maybe even only a few hours. Meta will have settled like it always does in Hearthstone (They are talking about Hearthstone, by the way, to those who are wondering)

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
so after crafting the Priest Titan, testing out some scuffed Mage, Priest, and Warrior decks, getting my ass handed to me in Bronze, then getting the DK Titan as my reward track random legend, i threw DK Titan into my Blood Knight Jund list... which contains no other Titans cards except Prison of Yogg.

instant 3 win streak.

LOOKS LIKE JUND IS BACK ON THE MENU
Oh, does Jund mean Rainbow DK?

it's just my pet name for Triple Blood Rune DK because it feels so much like playing a HS version of boomer jund / nic fit (AKA it feels euphoric)

Gavin Verhey's sealed event at GenCon was today, so presumably the Internet will eventually have all the new Gavin-printed cards. Here's one a friend opened:
14jIMtH.png

...it doesn't say random, then it says roll a die, who knows, you know how it is with playtest cards. But yeah, might be some fun stuff, Gavin's a clever one.

oh my gosh this is my new favorite MTG card
Gavin Verhey's sealed event at GenCon was today, so presumably the Internet will eventually have all the new Gavin-printed cards. Here's one a friend opened:
14jIMtH.png

...it doesn't say random, then it says roll a die, who knows, you know how it is with playtest cards. But yeah, might be some fun stuff, Gavin's a clever one.

I would say it is much, much easier choosing one option than it is to roll a D6 and count which one is corrosponding to the result.

Very excited for more Playest cards (Playtest cards). Or are these actually something else?

I don't actually know if there's an official name for them? But the mtg wiki does call them test cards. Gavin designs a bunch for the Unknown event he runs at every Pro Tour ("MagicCon", but I know we're all old.) - most of the previous ones have been heavy on the commander but there's always a few interesting ones like this.

Problem is, they're only ever in that event, so supply is miniscule. Opposite-of-problem is, you could literally make your own and they'd look the same and preserve the spirit of the exercise.

If I were to make custom cube cards, I would definitely start with making "official-looking" versions of these. I wish they had silly drawings like the Mystery Booster ones; I might be willing to pay the extreme prices being asked for them on eBay if they did.

s-l1600.jpg

I don't remember if I'd ever seen this one before but it's incredible.

I don't actually know if there's an official name for them? But the mtg wiki does call them test cards. Gavin designs a bunch for the Unknown event he runs at every Pro Tour ("MagicCon", but I know we're all old.) - most of the previous ones have been heavy on the commander but there's always a few interesting ones like this.

Problem is, they're only ever in that event, so supply is miniscule. Opposite-of-problem is, you could literally make your own and they'd look the same and preserve the spirit of the exercise.

Do they exist on Scryfall?

IMG_2409.jpeg

A 30th Anniversary Edition Lotus Petal. In Denmark we have something called ‘Ananas i egen juice’ which directly translates to ‘Pinapple in own juice’. It is a metaphor for being a little proud of yourself or when someone is a bit too arrogant. With a fun twist. Nothing serious.

When I read this flavor text I immediately felt it was a bit of pinapple in own juice.

MaRo panel highlights:
early 2026 return to strixhaven with "all of its themes. The schools, Instants/Sorceries, etc." (I'm excited for more Lessons)
modern horizons 3 with DFCs
magic x final fantasy set (lotr-style, they called it "a tentpole" which is also what they called lotr)
magic x fallout commander decks (hey, 40k had some good stuff)
retro frame shocklands and Arclight Phoenix in Dominaria Remastered (original art Hallowed Fountain was the one they showed off)
return to Tarkir, "racing set", "space opera set", horror set that is set on Ravnica but not a guild set, Redwall-esque set ("mice are 1/1s and everything is scaled from there")