General CBS

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Help me get some quick data. How many cards are in your cube that you'll usually cast at mv>6? Meaning something like Myr Enforcer or Virtue of Persistence don't really count, as they're cast for mv<7 and mv=2, primarily.

I want some idea of how many a normal cube runs so that I can see how far to push my cube.
But Virtue of Persistance having two modes is the entire point. I expect it to be hardcast in my cube as well, so for my environment it’s definitely a seven drop as well. But fine, if we look at pure 7+ drops without an alternate, cheaper use…

For completeness, here’s the cards with alternative modes that I expect to be cast at seven mana some of the time.

Bramble Wurm is on the chopping block though.

And then there’s 14 X-cost spells, though not all of them make sense at 7+ mana.

But Virtue of Persistance having two modes is the entire point. I expect it to be hardcast in my cube as well
It would feel like a betrayal to my Eldrazi overlords, but I'm sort of interested in a having all of my bombs have an alternate mode. Given that the average number of mv>6 cards around here is "like two," I'm feeling like a cube designed to ramp into cyclers, Virtues, and MDFCs is probably way smoother to run than a cube designed to ramp into 10 drops with no secondary option.

Then again, nothing really pumps out dopamine like an Eldrazi does. Getting that nearly guaranteed cast trigger value plus a god-tier creature feels damn good.