Laz

Developer
Abstractly, how powerful is a wrath that is formatted as:
"Choose a creature type. Then choose one:
- destroy all creatures of that type.
or
- destroy all creatures that aren't of that type"

Doesn't that normally just read as:

Except that you get to say something like 'ok... so I choose to save all of the armadillos...'

Dom Harvey

Contributor
If they want Dragons to be a thing you need to have cheap Dragons, which goes against the idea of Dragons as traditionally captured in Magic. It's the same thing with Giants in Lorwyn - you could make good Giant Tribal cards, but it wouldn't matter when the best rate on a Giant was Brion Stoutarm (an underrated card, IMO)

Guys, I have a confession.
I think I liked cube more before conspiracies and draft artifacts.

Maybe it's just that I don't have the feel for them yet but I think kinda muddy themes and complicate draft dynamics I liked about cube. Maybe I'm just as bad as those "should only be singleton" people though.

I have a question for people. Anyone here read "killing a goldfish"? It's a blog that some dude uses to write set reviews & stuff. Guy claims that Time Spiral block was a huge triumph & WotC is wrong about complexity issues(bold claims,eh?). Also, one of his articles has a comment by a guy claiming MaRo is fucking retarded. For some reason that bugs me a lot cuz I like MaRo & agree with him on most things. Except some of his color choices for pop culture characters. Tyrion Lannister is not grixis. He's totally U/R. And Tywin Lannister is definitely B/W.

Back on topic, though...any Killing a goldfish fans here?

Eric Chan

Hyalopterous Lemure
Staff member
not only am i a fan i contributed to his patreon for about two months. he even got sue ann harkey (early magic art director) to post a comment on one of his posts

i think the author is one of CML's friends irl

VibeBox

Contributor
cruise is on the express train to ban town

i top 8'd my first ever vintage event last weekend basically on the back of the raw power of having 4 ancestrals and 3 dack faydens
brief writeup to come

The killing a goldfish reviews have been a great way to catch up on all the mtg history I missed as well as establish some deep regrets that I didn't play during Time Spiral. I probably love board complexity way too much. But yeah, the reviews are well done.

CML

Contributor
not only am i a fan i contributed to his patreon for about two months. he even got sue ann harkey (early magic art director) to post a comment on one of his posts

i think the author is one of CML's friends irl

never hung out with Jesse, i am a fan of his writing though (at least when he's not describing himself, and this is a stock enough nerd and/or literary failure) and he works at card kingdom where i enjoy drinking and playing legacy. all i know about him in the context of cube is that he has never been able to make it to mine in spite of a few invites and often cubes with an abortion 540 where the only thing worse than the tasteless design is the company of Wizards employees. afaik jesse is pretty cool

Has anyone seen Geordie Tait's complete outburst at SCG on FB? Probably one of the funniest/most horrifying thing I've seen come out of an angry MTG player.

I'd link it, but I'm still on a shitty mobile device. Google searching it should bring it up. Or just go to his actual FB page?

Apparently, SCG did nothing but change the site layout & replaced author credits with tags or some jazz. It involves making articles easier to find, idk. Evan Erwin originally commented first in an effort to correct Tait about this, but last I checked, Evan's comment was deleted. SCG wastes no time responding to Tait by actually pulling all his articles down as he requested(even though they weren't taken down like he thought in the first place).

On a side note, Tait is a perfect example of a very misinformed, hypocritical, "white knight mansplainer" as the internet says. You know, the feminist guy that tells females that they're wrong if they don't support women the way he does. That kind of hypocrite.

I really hope none of you guys are as crazy as Tait. I love you all too much.