General CBS

CML

Contributor
I'm just bothered by the fact that whenever I sit down and want to invite randos to play some magic with me and people I know, I will now have to confront the fact that they might be gamergate grognards.

eh whatever this was always the case. most magic people are contemptible because most people are contemptible. just find good friends in the game

I don't really care for the tactics that gamergate people have used, but at the same time I cannot stand Anita Asarkessian, or the way that game journalism has shifted increasingly towards pushing toxic forms of identity politics.

Feminism is fine when it’s about equality, and as gaming continues to grow there does exist a conversation about the portrayal of women in games. However, "tunnel-vision determinism" (aka prejudice) does describe her worldview best (as well as that of a lot of identity advocates): she manages to take a niche hobby, that long catered exclusively to adolescent males, and twist it to a vision of men, driven by 50 year old feminist stereotypes about masculinity, and paint an entire group of people with one broad negative brush.

And that’s a bit alarming.

Also, on the vast majority of forums I would have never posted this, simply because the maturity level would not have been there to allow me to do so. So bravo riptide.

feminism is great, feminists are terrible.

I think I'm okay with a lil misandry. I just find the jokes about it are getting a little old.

remember it is our prerogative and obligations as white dudes to laugh it off because we do not have to care

I've been considering 2x Lotus Cobra for some time now. I love landfall, so I think it sounds interesting.

YOU AND YOUR PHALLIC TWO MANA DORKS.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
I've been considering 2x Lotus Cobra for some time now. I love landfall, so I think it sounds interesting.

I've done it, it's fine. I don't really have any strong feelings for or against. I don't think it adds a ton to the environment, but I love me some Cobra.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
double penetration?

I don't know what your penis looks like, but if it looks anything like Lotus Cobra you should probably consult someone with expertise in the field of Twilight vampirism.

Edit: I think I forgot to add in a smily here :D I hope I am never forced to watch Twilight by a fan, because I don't think I could get the mocking smirk off my face imagining Edward with a Lotus Cobra in his pants...

FlowerSunRain

Contributor
Sometimes I wish we had a thread that, when we read something asinine about cube on some other website, we can just post a +1 in that thread as a thank you for the existence of Riptide Lab.

Chris Taylor

Contributor
Yeah I forgot how much I liked talking with you guys about shit. My cube hasn't updated in a while, and I've been pretty off magic since warlords of draenor came out, but this is still good shit

B54YS4fIYAMYSa7.png:large

yeah seems fair

Do you guys who like their removal expensive usually feel justified running removal hate cards like gods willing and negate effects? Like we've all had to shoot a 3cc guy with our 4/5 cost removal spell before and had it blown out by something like this in limited right?

The other week I was trying to O Ring a guy's Fleecemane and he totally fucking god's willing'd it and I wanted to cry but like thankfully I was just on a bad draw and I had edicts and shriekmaw etc in my deck that woulda felt less bad, but I remembered I was playing grim-mono-cube and some folks are playing stuff like giant growth and sunlance in their cubes and negate and heroes downfall as a baseline and I started to wonder how that felt.