General CBS

Is there any way (preferably on Scryfall) to find out an average mana value of a set?
How about if we strictly look on the creatures? Non-creatures?

This is what I get when I filter for is:hybrid

https://cubecobra.com/cube/list/61e7227ce945b80ffcdfc122?view=table&scale=medium&f=is:Hybrid

A "Doomgape" that is actually a Doomheart Campus.
Yeah that's because there is no such thing as a Rakdos Campus. So what I do whenever I add a custom card is find the card name that is as close alphabetical as possible and override the art with the custom card art. Then change all the stats on the card so it fits the custom card.

- However CC thinks there are 336 cards on the list.
- But if you count them, there are only 316.
- So the 20 are hidden somewhere.

I know I put them on :p They've always been in the list.

Seems like an issue to raise to the CC team. The cube table view also knows its only showing 316 card (48 × 5 + 40 +36).

What are cool Riptide trends that I've missed while being away while our son was young/pandemic? Any pet cards, design theories, or other cool things I should know? Link me!

May I tell you about our lord and savior Soratami Cloudskater?

No, in all seriousness, what have you seen last? You've read japahns archetype shape thread? That was the shit.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
I hadn't seen the lands one. Anyone acted on it and have some anecdotal evidence?
Hadn't seen it either, very interesting read. I'm at 64 fixing at 450, but I seed my boosters to always include at least 1 land. I wonder how that changes the math.

So, according to this article, you should run 60 lands in a 360 cube, which translates to 75 in a 450 cube. That's 16.7% of the cards, or 2,5 lands per 15 card booster. I'm at a 2 lands per booster*

* 1 [the seeded land] + ((64-24 [the number of lands left after seeding])/(450-(8*3*9 [the number of seeded cards])) * 6 [the number of slots left per booster]) = 2,026, which is actually slightly lower than the 2,133 lands per booster I would get if I didn't seed my boosters. Huh.

Hmm... I wonder if it's a smart idea to separate the lands and the nonlands, and seed 2 lands always (so you have a guaranteed amount and color-wise evenly proportioned number of lands in the draft). I quite like that idea actually, and it's super close to what I already run per draft anyway. That way I could cut back from 64 lands to simply the 48 best lands, and have 16 more slots to devote to nonland cards.

Edit: I can't math, retry!

Last edited:
Hadn't seen it either, very interesting read. I'm at 64 fixing at 450, but I seed my boosters to always include at least 1 land. I wonder how that changes the math.

So, according to this article, you should run 60 lands in a 360 cube, which translates to 75 in a 450 cube. That's 16.7% of the cards, or 2,5 lands per 15 card booster. I'm at a 2 lands per booster*

* 1 [the seeded land] + ((64-24 [the number of lands left after seeding])/(450-(8*3*9 [the number of seeded cards])) * 6 [the number of slots left per booster]) = 2,026, which is actually slightly lower than the 2,133 lands per booster I would get if I didn't seed my boosters. Huh.

Hmm... I wonder if it's a smart idea to separate the lands and the nonlands, and seed 2 lands always (so you have a guaranteed amount and color-wise evenly proportioned number of lands in the draft). I quite like that idea actually, and it's super close to what I already run per draft anyway. That way I could cut back from 64 lands to simply the 48 best lands, and have 16 more slots to devote to nonland cards.

Edit: I can't math, retry!
Seeding is a great idea! Still, would it not be simpler to have them in the basic land box?
Allow each player to take:
2 tri coloured lands
3/4 dual coloured lands (not more than 3/2 of each colour combination)
3/4 evolving wilds/ prismatic vista type of lands

You lose the fighting over the fixing, but also the unlucky event when you see only fixing in the wrong colours. You could also make vouchers.
Starting players (or once who do not play often) often forget the fixing and get punished for it. Doling them out solves that problem.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Seeding is a great idea! Still, would it not be simpler to have them in the basic land box?
Allow each player to take:
2 tri coloured lands
3/4 dual coloured lands (not more than 3/2 of each colour combination)
3/4 evolving wilds/ prismatic vista type of lands

You lose the fighting over the fixing, but also the unlucky event when you see only fixing in the wrong colours. You could also make vouchers.
Starting players (or once who do not play often) often forget the fixing and get punished for it. Doling them out solves that problem.
The nice thing of seeding is that you actually have to draft the lands, so you get not only the fighting over fixing, but also different distributions because a 4-color drafter naturally is more hungry for mana fixing than a 2-color drafter. I don't mind that :) What I like about seeding like I suggested is that you guarantee every color is evenly supported. If you see only fixing in the wrong colors, that's a good sign then that your lane isn't as open as you thought it was.

Also, I support only five of the ten color pairs, so it's actually less likely to never see a land in your colors.