General CBS

But also, for assorted reasons, the actual prerelease promo probably needs to be for value reasons, and people would complain about promo uncommons or whatever.

But you could have promo boosters and a prerelease card that goes back to not being playable.

Eric Chan

Hyalopterous Lemure
Staff member
As long as the pool of on-color rares remains in the "useful" area. Every color gets rares that would really stink in sealed; I'd be mad to open generic red rare "lolrandom everything" or obscenely overcosted bad effect guy.

I picked the green deck, and opened a Kruphix in the seeded pack. So, of course, I went G/U.. and gave away my unplayable god by the end of round two.

So, after banging on about how much I dislike inspired, I got to thinking in what sort of cube it could be playable. Here's where I've got to:

http://cubetutor.com/viewcube/11418

This is more of a thought experiment than anything, and I've more or less just chucked in good ish cards that work in the theme. Is there anything decent that I've missed? Clearly this is going to be a lower powered cube with probably some expensive and/or inflexible removal.

Any suggestions on what other themes I could hook on to these? Maybe aura and heroic perhaps? Maybe lifegain. Would probably want some more tokens for the convoke guys etc.

Village Bell-Ringers, Pheres-band tromper, and i guess there's some Minor synergy between all the untappers and "attacks each turn if able" type stuff... I think simply including a lot of powerful tap effects is a much better idea though... also, equipment in general is good with inspired and the guys with the untap symbol, especially evasion granting equipment.... also maybe tokens+convoke in WG and massive raid type stuff in Red. Ooh! Royal Assassin, probably lots of haste granting in red to go along with the powerful tap effects... White could have a flickerwisp effect or two to reset their inspired guys without giving them the trigger...

So, after banging on about how much I dislike inspired, I got to thinking in what sort of cube it could be playable. Here's where I've got to:

This is more of a thought experiment than anything, and I've more or less just chucked in good ish cards that work in the theme. Is there anything decent that I've missed? Clearly this is going to be a lower powered cube with probably some expensive and/or inflexible removal.

Any suggestions on what other themes I could hook on to these? Maybe aura and heroic perhaps? Maybe lifegain. Would probably want some more tokens for the convoke guys etc.

Laz

Developer
Jolting Merfolk has been fine in Scuttle-cube. Blue-ish aggro decks are a bit more common there though. Probably worth noting that he was errataed to Vanishing, and has 5-counters though, so he can be used to get a whole team in, or just to do stupid things with Gilder Bairn.

Then there is this beauty:

In Scuttle-cube, these are for the {Q} cards (Inspired before it was cool...). I am not running it, but Umbral Mantle could be cool there?

I managed to move into an archetype I have wanted to support for a while, but for the first time it came together in a big way. I feel odd posting the 3-0 thread because 1) I barely lost in the end and 2) Our group does single games 99% of the time and then just redrafts, so there's no such thing as a 3-0 anyway. But this deck was FUN.

Ones (2)
Preordain
Bond Beetle

Twos (4)
Mana Leak
Voyage's End
Impulse
Snap

Threes (6)
Krosan Grip
Blade Splicer
Deceiver Exarch
Basalt Monolith
Vorel of the Hull Clade
Spiketail Drakeling

Fours (8)
Wonder
Archaeomancer
Thran Dynamo
Roaring Primadox
Rewind
Fathom Mage
Stonehorn Dignitary

Fives (3)
Mulldrifter
Mnemonic Wall
Conjurer's Closet

Land (16)
Temple of the False God
Buried Ruin
Island
Forest
Plains
Selesnya Sanctuary

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
I'm getting abstract reports of a flamewar. Are we outsourcing these things now? Don't you guys know we could use the traffic?

For any lurkers out there, here's the official RipLab stance:

CML

Contributor
26.jpg

motion to start calling it "cowered pube" on all riplab forums / ban anyone who dissents because "is also consider trolling because it bait a reaction."

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
Why has nobody made a Theros / Rise of the Eldrazi cube yet? They both have enchantment themes (totem armor / bestow) and big mana themes (Monstrous / Eldrazi). Seems like a custom set just waiting to happen.