General CBS

CML

Contributor
Here
Traded in a bunch of Standard stuff at my LGS tonight. Picked up these goodies:

And picked up these in foil:

It was a good night.

poor poor Master of the Feast. At this point I'm wondering if it's even Cubeworthy. It probably is but uhm. Maybe not.

I wonder what will happen to Delver. I think I should start to prepare for the Invitational Down the Street right about now. Here's the poison list I've drafted in the last few weeks, please tell me if it looks nuts:

4 Blighted Agent
4 Glistener Elf
4 Noble Hierarch
4 Brainstorm
4 Ponder
1 Treasure Cruise
1 Dig Through Time
1 Crop Rotation
2 Force of Will
2 Berserk
4 Invigorate
4 Vines of Vastwood
3 Daze
2 Spell Pierce
4 Inkmoth Nexus
3 Tropical Island
1 Wasteland
1 Forest
1 Island
2 Pendelhaven
4 Misty Rainforest
4 Verdant Catacombs

3 Flusterstorm
2 Sylvan Library
1 Viridian Corrupter
1 Karakas
1 Bojuka Bog
1 Tower of the Magistrate
2 Dismember
2 Pithing Needle
1 Nature’s Claim

1 Repeal

CML

Contributor
One of the things that makes my list the best is you keep any one-lander if you can use it to cast a Noble or Ponder. You can't do it with Probe and it's Legacy so you can read their hand easily anyway, ranges are very narrow even among good players of whom there are not many. Basically Ponder greatly expands your keep range and the deck mulligans poorly enough that the lists without 4 make no sense to me.

CML

Contributor
The opportunity cost of Probin' is pretty low but substantial enough that it's only worth it if

--more free shit (1/1 elementals, 1/1 goblins, prowess pumps, Tendrils of Agony copies)
--cabal therapy!
--the free information might alter how you play. this will often be the case in decks that really need to interact (RUG Delver) or decks that fold to interaction (storm actually fits into all categories)

this is a pretty wide net into which fit a ton of Legacy decks. it is also true that in Modern poison is an all-in combo deck because it has shitty cantrips and has to keep sketchy hands and stuff. Legacy poison is completely different in that it can usually beat interaction and if it can't taking a look won't really help. you'll usually play around spot removal, avoid flooding the board against sweepers, and cantrip into the same stuff every time. moreover, the margins of the deck are low, low that you'll end Delver games at 1 or 2. there is also the issue that Probe conceals information from the caster -- namely, what the "real" card you're going to draw into will be, and that (especially in the subset of "lol do i mull???") is more important to the Poison player, who is trying to draw basically the same stuff every game, than looking at the hand

cool huh

How has dig been? I think I like 1.5 cruise but not sold on dig

Also sperling 19th at gp la with nessian game warden in monogreen. Guess I'm not crazy/terrible/trying to be too cute after all

CML

Contributor
no clue, i haven't tested yet because i have been attaining conventional markers of success like making money and dating. it has not been that great and i will probably just sit around and play magic again soon. my best guess is that Cruise > Dig in Poison, but with how unbelievably flawed every netdeck always is (where da ponders at?) i will be testing it myself and seeing what's up

mono green with game warden is totally sweet

Here

poor poor Master of the Feast. At this point I'm wondering if it's even Cubeworthy. It probably is but uhm. Maybe not.

Really? He's been pretty sweet everytime I've seen him cast. He just does work. Worst case, your opponent is up a card but just burnt relevant removal on a three-drop that would have been used on your bomb. Also, the foil is super sweet looking, like most of the enchantment creature cards.

How has dig been? I think I like 1.5 cruise but not sold on dig

Also sperling 19th at gp la with nessian game warden in monogreen. Guess I'm not crazy/terrible/trying to be too cute after all

I stuck both Dig and Cruise in my cube but I haven't had time to test it with my playgroup b/c school. I would think that Cruise would be better. In a higher powered format, as most of our cubes are, raw volume is better than selection. Not to mention that a single {U} is easier than {U}{U}.

I see Cruise fitting into many decks just splashing for blue (could be killer in a UR Spellslinger shell) while Dig seems like a better FoF in grindier decks.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
So broken it's over 9000 {W}{U}{B}{R}{G}
At the beginning of each upkeep, if this is in your sideboard, you win the game.

Or...

Nefarious Mirror {1}
Artifact
Whenever a triggered ability is put onto the stack, counter it unless its controller pays 1 life for each card in his or her graveyard.

Or...

Dryblower {1}
Artifact
Activated abilities of lands can't be activated, unless they're mana abilities.
Whenever an ability would put more than one mana into a player's mana pool, that player adds {1} to his or her mana pool instead.

Change History {3}{U}{B}
Sorcery
Carpe Diem - If an opponent has no cards in hand, Change History costs {3} less to cast.
Each player shuffles his or her hand, graveyard, and all non-land permanents into his or her library, then draws seven cards.

Edit: or perhaps a CC of {6}{U}, with {6} less for the alternate cost.

{W/U}
Creature - Human Wizard
Flash
Cards in graveyards lose all abilities.
T: Return target artifact to its owner's hand.
1/2

{U}
Instant
Choose one -
• Counter target artifact spell.
• Counter target spell cast from a graveyard unless its controller pays {2}.
• Counter target triggered ability.
Flashback- Discard a card, {U}

It's Raining Men {7}{W}
Sorcery
Carpe Diem - Choose an opponent. It's Raining Men costs X less to cast, where X is 7 minus the number of cards in that player's hand.
Put 7 2/2 white Man tokens onto the battlefield.

He posts on a lot of LSV videos. There's a guy that trolls Magic twitch channels that goes by jonnymagic then some numbers (for those that don't know, Jon Finkel's twitter account is jonnymagic00 and his mtgo name is jonnymagic). Trolls just gonna be trolls.