General Custom Cards: The Lab

Goal: make Orcish Bowmasters that doesn't use Amass

Definitely Not Orcish Bowmasters 1B
Creature - who cares
Flash
When THIS enters the battlefield and whenever an opponent draws a card except the first one they draw in each of their draw steps, THIS deals damage to any target equal to its power, then put a +1/+1 counter on THIS.
1/1

Chris Taylor

Contributor
Why excise amass? Amass is fine, it's just usually worse than creating that many 1/1s, and you're actually MORE all in one bucket than normal with this design.
Also do you really want this dealing 1+2+3+4 damage in response to a brainstorm? That seems insane

If you wheel while this is in play, opponent takes.... 2+3+4+5+6+7+8...35 damage?

If you wheel while this is in play, opponent takes.... 2+3+4+5+6+7+8...35 damage?
damage-thats-a-lot-of-damage.gif

Rules question, if you Amass Orcs with a nontoken orc out, does it put counters on an orc or make an Orc Army token?
Then you create a 0/0 black Orc Army creature token and put counters on the token.

Here's the wording:
(Put X +1/+1 counters on an Army you control. It’s also an Orc. If you don’t control an Army, create a 0/0 black Orc Army creature token first.)

About the Urza tutor spell, Wizards did something a little more cool a few months back

Maybe you can use this as inspiration as to how to keep the puzzle interesting and not giving all the lands to the player at the same time?

That's what I would do!
Now you just need the card to feel like it can often but not always assemble the full 3 lands.
You can also have a card like this in addition to your green Urza tutor sorcery so there are two cards that can create the Urzatron.

Something like this: "Reveal cards from the top of your library until you reveal an Urza's land card. Put that card into your hand and the rest on the bottom of your library in a random order."
Yeah this is pretty much exactly how i play seek on paper. no-shuffle tutors are killer tech for any cube, but triple-fetchland cubes (mine) in particular where you can get TOO much shuffling if youre not careful

If there is a) not a significant disparity in the quality of the cards you can get, and b) a low frequency of possible hits, then you should tutor instead of burrow for the card. You don't invite your opponent into some weird information tracking mini-game, and it will often take less time in practice.

There's a trick you can do if your opponent will allow it.

You can have a copy of the card you're tutoring for on the side. Simply take the card with no need to shuffle. When you eventually draw/mill/whatever the actual card you should have tutored for, put it to the side and repeat to do with the card like you intended.

This obviously only works if:
1. Your opponent agrees to it.
2. Your deck is singleton.
3. It doesn't affect game play in any way (known cards on the bottom of your library after a scry for instance).

I used to do this when we played Highlander with dual and shock lands. It was so easy, so fast and everyone was into it.

There's a trick you can do if your opponent will allow it.

You can have a copy of the card you're tutoring for on the side. Simply take the card with no need to shuffle. When you eventually draw/mill/whatever the actual card you should have tutored for, put it to the side and repeat to do with the card like you intended.

This obviously only works if:
1. Your opponent agrees to it.
2. Your deck is singleton.
3. It doesn't affect game play in any way (known cards on the bottom of your library after a scry for instance).

I used to do this when we played Highlander with dual and shock lands. It was so easy, so fast and everyone was into it.
You can even do this when your deck is non-singleton. E.g. you have 2 in your deck then when you draw one of those you throw a dice. If, e.g, it is even then you have drawn the tutored card and remove it and draw another one. Problem remains that you have to promise not to have the card already in your hand…

Yeah @Rusje that is possible but then it becomes a bit complicated and time consuming. My idea takes no time, has no opportunity cost and is just elegant.

Guys, I need some help reworking one of my Pokécube's cards. It's part of a cycle of commands, but instead of "chose 2 of 4" they've ended up as "chose 2 of 3". My goals were:
- have them fit there character flavorwise
- find three modes where none of them is an autopick everytime
- if possible, find three modes that all synergize with each other in some way

4 of 5 seem to be pretty on point, surprisingly. However ...

RN5 Jessie and James Kommando.jpg

Jessie's & James' Commando 4R
Sorcery
Chose two
- Gain control of target Pokémon until endof turn and untap it. It gains haste until end of turn.
- Pokémon you control get +2/+0 until end of turn.
- Target Pokémon you control deals damage equal to it's power to any target.

I think these fit their character(s) and all synergize with each other. However, it seems like the third mode is by far the best, the second rarely gets chosen, and the card as a whole is just a little bit too powerful in an evironment where poeple have fatties in play all the time.

How could I nerf the card (probably by nerfing the third mode)?