General Custom Cards: The Lab

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
that makes sense though, it's phyrexian mana

Oh, for sure, but seeing that Noxious Tutor even reuses cropped art from Noxious Revival, it's clear to see how the name came to be. I agree that mechanically there's nothing noxious about it, though it does require paying black mana...

If either one is broken, it's Grimgrin's Analysis. I think Grimgrin's would be one of the best few draw spells in the game. Instant speed and the flexibility of splitting up the cost are big advantages, and the baseline of Foresee is almost good. Paying for the scry first is really good, because you can use it to dig deep for a wrath/bomb in the early game and then flash it back later for the raw card advantage when that's what you need in the late game. I might rank it below the delve draw depending on my deck, but it would be close. Still probably reasonable for a multicolor cube card, but it's going to be a very high pick.

Noxious Tutor is fine. At least, I'd consider it significantly worse than Vampiric Tutor if you're already in BG.

Continuing the cycle...
Seer of Keranos.jpg
And yes, I realize the triggered ability is totally nuts on this card.

Edit: should be enchantment creature, for reasons. Or artifact creature, so it can die to even more removal, and cause its blue. Also somebody find good art.

Trying to come up with artifact pay off cards that are playable without artifacts, but not increedddibly broken with them.
Tinkerbot.jpg Shrapnel Storm.jpg