General Custom Cards: The Lab

What frames are you supposed to use for Obosh and Mirkov? I though they looked fine to me.
Needs the land color on the title and type lines. You can always look at another hybrid for reference. Same thing for wording on cards. Find a similar card to compare to.

Needs the land color on the title and type lines. You can always look at another hybrid for reference. Same thing for wording on cards. Find a similar card to compare to.
Yeah, I caught that just now. That's been updated, haha. I usually do that! Thanks.

No worries! It was already right there together as I was putting them into Cubecobra so I figured it would be a good update! Glad it worked out well.

I was inspired by this post on reddit for this card as a devotion type of ability for spells: https://www.reddit.com/r/custommagic/comments/15i033w/msem_oriq_soulweaver_designed_by_zangy/
I didn't like the cohesion of the options and thought of the options of Umezawa's Jitte / Umezawa's Charm as a nice callback. At first I had it triggering on every black spell cast like the original but that gets out of hand way to quickly.

AlOcByj.png

Could this card be worded better?

I think a better/more concise wording would be:

"At the beginning of combat on your turn, for each black mana symbol in spells you've cast this turn, choose one that hasn't been chosen this turn:
• Target creature gets +2/+2 until end of turn.
• Target creature gets -1/-1 until end of turn.
• You gain 2 life."

No idea how it would actually be worded, and I'm not sure a capped modal ability based on Jitte is the best showcase of "Devotionstorm", as cool as the idea is.

Looking for an interesting effect for a WB gold slot in my powered Vintage cube. I don't want to play removal/Vindicate.

I'm worried this may be too low-power but hopefully a plethora of low-cmc cards will make the extort triggers go off well. Open to suggestions on a similar effect that would be the right power-level for a Vintage cube.

Let me know any criticism and hit me up with your own WB designs.

PS. Yes, I know it's the art from Pitiless Pontiff. It's the perfect art for what I'm imagining.

1692401556838.png

Attachments

• 1692401447218.png
    1692401447218.png
    572.8 KB · Views: 0
Looking for an interesting effect for a WB gold slot in my powered Vintage cube. I don't want to play removal/Vindicate.

I'm worried this may be too low-power but hopefully a plethora of low-cmc cards will make the extort triggers go off well. Open to suggestions on a similar effect that would be the right power-level for a Vintage cube.

Let me know any criticism and hit me up with your own WB designs.

PS. Yes, I know it's the art from Pitiless Pontiff. It's the perfect art for what I'm imagining.

View attachment 8697
i run this but it's a 3mv 3 loyalty walker that can +1 to flickerwisp something and -3 to do a miniature yawgwill

Sorry to kibitz, but shouldn't Teysa be the creditor? If she's the debtor then she's the one who owes something and that doesn't seem very Orzhov to me.

it's in my cube link in my sig but here's a full size version along with some other stuff
I absolutely LOVE this Teysa design. I'm definitely just going with this design and I'll go through your cube to see your other designs as well. Here's a spin on your design. I buffed the yawg will concept (because I love Yawg will).

I agree that Creditor is not a cool word. I went with Debt Collector because it's got that Orzhov vibe. I do think that if you were able to lean into the idea of Teysa being in debt to the Obzedat it would be a dope sort of lore.

Let me know what you think on this spin:

1692414948639.png

i like that quite a bit but honestly it might be a little much to have "free" yawgwill the turn you untap with teysa. one of the reasons will is playable in "fair" cubes is you gotta pay three whole mana up front for it and you only get it that turn.

i would make that a -5 or even -6 depending on how comfy you are with the insane card advantage.

i like that quite a bit but honestly it might be a little much to have "free" yawgwill the turn you untap with teysa. one of the reasons will is playable in "fair" cubes is you gotta pay three whole mana up front for it and you only get it that turn.

i would make that a -5 or even -6 depending on how comfy you are with the insane card advantage.
That's a really good point. I am down for the fair Will and I'll look at -5. I was kind of looking at -5 so I definitely agree with you.

Alright, playtested the card out on Cockatrice and it had Oko vibes. Like, Flickerwisping the most threatening thing every turn was super relevant as no token would stay in play, resets The One Ring and Parallax Wave, and then with an empty board you get to Yawg Will with all your permanents extorting. So...it was a little strong. I think I'll make the tithe on the flickerwisp one mana, bring the Yawg Will up to a -5 and the starting loyalty to a 2. Maybe I'll just give her Ward and Extort. Or maybe just creatures you control.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Teysa, Soul Custodian {1}{W}{B}
Legendary Planeswalker – Teysa
Creatures and planeswalkers you control have ward {1} and extort.
+1: Exile target creature or planeswalker card from a graveyard. If you do, create a Treasure and a 1/1 black and white Spirit creature token.
-2: Until end of turn, you may cast target card exiled with ~.

Sorry, just riffing on ideas here. I think it's a pity there's already Davriel, Soul Broker, because Soul Broker fits so well here!

+1: Exile target creature or planeswalker card from a graveyard. If you do, create a Treasure and a 1/1 black and white Spirit creature token.

Sorry, just riffing on ideas here. I think it's a pity there's already Davriel, Soul Broker, because Soul Broker fits so well here!
i like this, reminds me of tasha

Chris Taylor

Contributor

Can we do "Exile a card, if it's a creature/walker do X" a la Agatha's Soul Cauldron?
Agathas-Soul-Cauldron-WOE-672.jpg