General Decks that have 3-0'd your cube

CML

Contributor
People have been getting fucked by Tec Edge for the last 6 months over here, I am looking forward to just Wasting people on Sunday and will admit of no other strategy

Eric Chan

Hyalopterous Lemure
Staff member
You have Wasteland, and your curves top out at like three, so it might play out a little differently in your environment. Also this is only the second time anyone has ever nabbed multiple Edges, and to great effect.

Hah, I saw my buddy bloodrush Ghor-Clan Rampager for lethal, so I thought I'd give him the benefit of the doubt. But yeah, too many fours is hideous. Trying to slim those curves, you know!

Ponza (Yes, It's Real, and It's Spectacular)

I would have lost to this. My mana could not stand up to it and his dudes are bigger.
It's also just hard for a UB deck to feel like it's got it's footing against DRS. Like my first pick Snapcaster is just not a card anymore.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
I would have lost to this. My mana could not stand up to it and his dudes are bigger.
It's also just hard for a UB deck to feel like it's got it's footing against DRS. Like my first pick Snapcaster is just not a card anymore.

I think you are way too afraid of Deathrite Shaman. Just kill it.

I don't know how ROCKET HAMMER isn't the best-looking (huge for emphasis)
123625.jpg

I drafted by cube with 8 players for the first time. A few of the players were pretty new to Magic, most had never cube drafted before. I think everybody had a lot fun. They're already asking about when we're going to play next.

Some of the feedback: too many beefy 5's and 6's. Aggro needs help. Need more utility (read: artifact/enchant removal). I've got a set of swaps planned to help address these issues, but I think a lot of the problem was people not drafting aggro correctly. One "aggro" deck played an 8 drop, one had Countryside Crusher and Thundermaw Hellkite in the sideboard. Nobody played Sulfuric Vortex.

Here's the winning deck. Pretty much the only thing I tutored for was the disk. I learned to use Liliana's +1. Even got to user her ultimate once. Tragic Slip was very good all night. Looking back now, I think I was a little light on the low end of the curve.

ub control

EDIT: Wow! Look at those fours!

Wow I've never seen sphinx of magosi before. What a neat card! Like a better kumano! Here I thought oliva was the first of the new breed!
How was that rager? I bet you leaned pretty hard on fog bank some games eh? I'd love to see your cube, but I'm a little weirded out by the mana. I'm pretty surprised you had no 2cc counters or bounce but I guess you were a real tapout deck. Strix is just such a joy to play with.

I love the Sphinx of Magosi. No resilience, no etb triggers, but if you untap you've got your money's worth. Draw two, 8/8 flier, rawr!

I'm planing on adding more bounce and counters for blue. Daze seems like it's going to be really good.

I liked the Phyrexian Rager mainly because he was a three drop! T2 Baleful Strix and T3 Rager really started getting me ahead on cards while committing some defense.

Fog Bank was, in fact very important for me to survive until I got to four mana. I must admit that thing was a bit loathed, but come on, all it takes is a Shock.

Demonic Tutor is only as powerful as what you are fetch up right?

The mana in my cube is "ok" I think. I just didn't end up with much.

Here's the cube:
http://cubetutor.com/viewcube/3170

Have mercy! Sol Ring and Sigarda, Host of Herons are going out. Balance and Maze of Ith are staying in for now.