General Decks that have 3-0'd your cube

Eric Chan

Hyalopterous Lemure
Staff member
Yeah, I think a smattering of cheap walls goes a long way towards defensive decks being playable.

this RG ramp deck 3-0'd last night

you know the funny thing about designing cards is that sometimes a card goes completely unnoticed for a bit. then someone says "wtf is this" and I read it and I think: "Did I really design this? Did I really okay this? Did the other designer just look at it and think it is okay too?".
last night that was
ScrybScoutfull_zpsd40808a5.jpg

i wonder if this is how whoever designed cards like deathrite shaman or jtms felt. this card is probably getting cut

in other news, control sucks. all the card draw in the world isn't worth shit if you are just drawing partial answers and more card draw. scroll rack especially sucked.
i'll be working on fixing this

I'd highly recommend it. It's always a blast to play with because it always seems so innocuous at first and it gets dismissed. Then all of a sudden you have a 6/6 that's punching them in the mouth repeatedly.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
Are you running Searing Blood and Searing Blaze? What about Searing Spear?

Domri + Courser is the sexiest thing in this deck.

CML

Contributor
Are you running Searing Blood and Searing Blaze? What about Searing Spear?

most definitely on the first two. i cut spear because i felt such a powerful effect should come at sorcery speed and have an original printing in portal (note: i nearly typed "portland" here) and also be popular among the hockey-and-poutine crowd

Domri + Courser is the sexiest thing in this deck.

au contraire! it was the excellent suggestion of Curse of Predation