General Decks that have 3-0'd your cube

Mox into Delver into upkeep Brainstorm seems quite powerful to me :D

I wouldn't play with so many 5 drops, though. You had some really cool sideboard stuff.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
Mox into Delver into upkeep Brainstorm seems quite powerful to me :D

I wouldn't play with so many 5 drops, though. You had some really cool sideboard stuff.

The 5-drops were good finishers. I won a game in the finals with my opponent on 11, target him with the Bloodgift Demon trigger and swing with Demon + Thundermaw Hellkite. Also I kind of over-drafted spells and had to play nearly every creature in my pool. Faerie Conclave and Creeping Tar Pit rounded out the threats quite nicely though.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
How often did they win with the combo? Also, how often did Creeping Tar Pit get activated? Feels a little ambitions with 1 black source.

I think the Creeping Tar Pit is primairly a way to flash the Forbidden Alchemy back. He also has a Chromatic Lantern. But it wasn't my deck, so I don't feel inclined to defend his cardchoices. ;) Since I also was playing I am not entirely sure how often he won with the combo. At least two times, once I heard it and another time he did it against me. :rolleyes: He told me he also won a game with Splinter Twin/Siege-Gang Commander, so it was nice to hear Splinter Twin was put to good use. For a little more consistency of these kind of decks it would be nice though to have more effects like Splinter Twin and Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker in my cube.

Yeah, kiki + Ral + anything sounds like tonnes of fun.

Is it time for us to ask for a better siege gang yet?
Or maybe more stuff to do with dying red creatures or making red creatures more useful?

Played this list to a 3-0 in our Two Headed Giant draft today.

UG Value

My teammate played this list:

BW Control/Reanimator

Not quite sure about the exact number of basics he played.

In most of the games I just played a solid value curve while my teammate used his various removal spells on everything that moved. Recurring Nightmare never got online, mostly due to lack of early creatures.
I also once used my Compulsive Research on him to get his Angel of Serenity into the graveyard where it would be Animate Dead'd. I love when these team interactions come up.

She came in very handy for me. Doing a point of damage while also removing a blocker is so sweet. I actually preferred her over Koth in a couple games. I need a few more games to really tell how much I like her but Ive been really impressed with her so far.

Just to clear things up I like Chandra more against the Green decks. They usually had guys I couldnt burn so keeping them from blocking was great. I had one game where Koth didnt do much for me because I only had 1 mountain in play and he had a creature that could kill it. Had it been Chandra it wouldnt have been a problem. Now against the U decks that were doing much of nothing (and had 3 wraths maindeck) Koth was my go to guy putting out tons of damage and not having to worry about a wrath.

We also had a discussion last night about the Swords. I had told the group I passed a sword for Wargear and no one could believe it. Until I equipped it to a bloodthirsted Stormblood Berseker on a turn 3. Wargear is very underrated in my group.

CML

Contributor
I guess one thing that holds Wargear in check in my Cube is the maximized amount of utility removal i.e. Putrefy or Decay or QPM or the Eventide tree or whatever.

How do y'all enter those decks so efficiently with the new graphics? I wanted to enter a sweet 60-card D&T deck (alla Wescoe at the champs!) but it wasn't to be on Modo

(cubedeck=BR Beats)
Ones
1 Spikeshot Elder
1 Grim Lavamancer
1 Figure of Destiny
1 Vampire Lacerator
1 Gravecrawler
1 Rakdos Cackler
1 Goblin Guide
1 Skullclamp
1 Thoughtseize
1 Forked Bolt
1 Lightning Bolt
Twos
1 Hellspark Elemental
1 Nezumi Graverobber
1 Dark Confidant
1 Bloodghast
1 Vampire Interloper
1 Stormblood Berserker
1 Gore-House Chainwalker
1 Incinerate
Threes
1 Grafted Wargear
1 Char
Fours
1 Hellrider
1 Chandra, Pyromaster
1 Koth of the Hammer
Lands
1 Graven Cairns
1 Verdant Catacombs
1 Scalding Tarn
1 Blackcleave Cliffs
1 Lavaclaw Reaches
5 Swamp
6 Mountain
(/cubedeck)

Replace () with []
I figured it out from quoting someone else and seeing what they had typed. It didnt work with out the Ones/Twos/Threes/Etc separation.

Reactions: CML

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
I've told this story before, but there's a local player who swears that Aether Vile is cubeable. I let him include it in his decks without drafting it (he just slots it in from his personal collection), and if he plays against me I let him include it automatically in his opening hand. It's still really terrible.

I think AEther Vile is remarkably accurate actually.
Actually it's a card I have hope for. I wish it could cycle or there were more ways to manipulate it though. Like tap to remove a counter or some odd.

Be lovely if it could be sacrificed for a card or like was a 1/1 or if there were more artifacts count things going on.