Sets [DMH] Duskmourn: House of Horror

Is this any good?

It can sacrifice Demonic Pact, which is neat. It's a nice use for your recurring weenies and tokens, especially something cheap like a treasure. I'll probably buy a copy.

Huh, I missed that one. Wow, I really like it. Not sure if it would be a good fit for a lower power environment, not sure if it is good enough for some max power settings. But it's a super cool design.

I looked at it, but decided against it because it can only cast spells. A land on top makes it a dead Phyrexian Arena, which will probably feel pretty bad when your opponent spent their third turn playing a card that did something.

Maybe it gets cute enough with scry and surveil, but I'd still prefer a similar green or blue card.

I looked at it, but decided against it because it can only cast spells. A land on top makes it a dead Phyrexian Arena, which will probably feel pretty bad when your opponent spent their third turn playing a card that did something.

Maybe it gets cute enough with scry and surveil, but I'd still prefer a similar green or blue card.

I totally missed that!
Yeah, card is not good.

I seem to remember singles being available as soon as the prereleases happened on a recent set. But this time they are back to making us wait the extra week to buy singles. Did that happen, or am I showing signs of cognitive decline?

Some sites allow "preorder" once all the cards have been spoiled, then will send them out on release day. The shops would have been tearing into boosters and cataloguing cards as soon as the boxes arrived.

Card Market might be different because it is not intended as a retail site.

On card market you always had to wait until the actual release date to order singles.

Have you ever bought from the professional seller called Mordor?

They shipped cards to me in unprotected package. The cards arrived damaged, wet and extremely curved.

I confronted them with the issue and have them opportunity to fix their mistake. They said it wasn’t their fault and they declined the responsibility. Then they blocked me so now I have no means of communicating with them.

I did some searching, and it seems that WPN sellers were allowed to do "Early Sales' starting with BRO, meaning they could sell singles when pre releases begin.

https://wpn.wizards.com/en/news/product-availability-for-prerelease-early-sales-extended

And that seems to still be in effect for Duskmourn, but the sellers I use in North America do not seem to be taking advantage of it this time around. It must be a calculated business decision.

It's fine - very little impact on my life, but it was cool to avoid waiting the extra week for a few sets.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Customer support reached out.

They have decided to pay the full refund themselves and will afterwards initiate the conversation with the seller.

Thank you Onde
Great news! Glad I could point you in the right direction!

PS They might be in a lot of trouble here precisely because they blocked you. That's a BIG no-go! The last line in MCM's guidelines are bolded for a reason!

1727390935563.png

That said, Mordor has been active for a very long time (I ordered twice from them in 2015!) and they have a pretty good rating. Looks like you got unlucky with the shipment. Still no excuse for blocking a customer.

Last edited:
That kind of makes me happy although I never wish harm on anyone. It felt very unfair. I felt powerless.

Yes I was also confused after I saw that they had near infinite positive feedback and 0.00 negative feedback.

After being blocked I was giving them somewhat negative feedback. I checked the boxes accordingly to what happened.

- Slow shipping.
- They shipped the correct cards.
- Great communication initially but terrible at the end.
- Damaged cards by the mail.

After I had posted my half negative feedback I got an auto message from Cardmarket saying my feedback was the worst feedback I had ever given, that it will be greyed out and not affect seller’s reputation because “Everyone can make a mistake once.”

And then I turned to you guys.

Thank you so much <3