Sets [DMH] Duskmourn: House of Horror

Adding a rummage to this makes it nicely versatile. I always think it would be cool to have a Act of Treason spell for sacrifice, aggro, and spells, but it always seems too weak. Maybe with the rummage it's enough to make it worth the while.

I guess Bloody Betrayal is probably still a better cube card, especially if one already has any blood tokens in the cube. I like this new one, though. It's a four line card with no stupid BS, so it could go into my beginner cube.

Last edited:
Manifest Dread is a cool mechanic. It's too many lines of text for my tastes, but I can't deny how many cool things it does. Putting it into the same set as delirium made a lot of sense.

Chris Taylor

Contributor
I wouldn’t mind if you could tell me a bit more.

The photo was taken by my phone of the keyword counters that I have. The size is too large according to Riptidelab.
Two ways, depending on where you are (Sorry if you're on mac, can't really help you there with specific though the steps will likely be the same)

Phone Method:
1) Go into your photo album, navigate to the image in question
2) Take a screenshot of the image (differs per phone model, you can look it up, mine is power + volume down)
3) Save the screenshot
4) Upload the saved screenshot to Riptide Lab because it is far lower resolution than the base photo you've taken.

Desktop Method
1a) Send the image to your desktop computer somehow. Email it to yourself, plug your phone in, upload it to imgur/discord, etc)
1b) Find said far too high res image online. MTG Goldfish spoilers have this happen sometimes.
1) Open the image in question
2) Take a screenshot (Printscreen, or Windows+Shift+S to take a partial screenshot)
3) Open said screenshot in your image editor of choice (Paint, for eg) and Save
4) This image will be low enough resolution to post here.

Two ways, depending on where you are (Sorry if you're on mac, can't really help you there with specific though the steps will likely be the same)
You can also just imbed the image directly using the "insert image" feature by pasting the image URL into the inset image dialogue directly.
giphy.gif

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
You can also just imbed the image directly using the "insert image" feature by pasting the image URL into the inset image dialogue directly.
This "steals" bandwidth from the hosting site though, so it's not the most considerate thing to do (unless it's hosted specifically on an image webhosting site like imgur of course).

Desktop Method
1a) Send the image to your desktop computer somehow. Email it to yourself, plug your phone in, upload it to imgur/discord, etc)
1b) Find said far too high res image online. MTG Goldfish spoilers have this happen sometimes.
1) Open the image in question
2) Take a screenshot (Printscreen, or Windows+Shift+S to take a partial screenshot)
3) Open said screenshot in your image editor of choice (Paint, for eg) and Save
4) This image will be low enough resolution to post here.
A far easier method for desktop in my experience:
2) Open the image in question in MS Paint (or your image editing software of choice)
3) Resize it to a much smaller size.
4) Save the image as a jpg.
5) This image will be low enough resolution to post here.

Okay friends, I am going through them one at a time.

Phone Method:
1) Go into your photo album, navigate to the image in question
2) Take a screenshot of the image (differs per phone model, you can look it up, mine is power + volume down)
3) Save the screenshot
4) Upload the saved screenshot to Riptide Lab because it is far lower resolution than the base photo you've taken.

This one didn’t work. There is no data loss when taking a screen shot of the picture. I even did it ten times (Take a screen shot of the picture. Take a screen shot of the new picture. Take a screen shot of the now new picture. Repeat.) It’s exact same quality.

Moving on to next one

1725902020271.png

I like this 1 drop. With the increase in enchantment creatures, it can be a real beating and a nice enchantment payoff.

1725902084496.png

A 3 mana 3/3 (with GY and counter synergies). Or 5 mana for 2 4/4s that mill 2 with the counters. 7 mana 3 5/5s, etc.
Very potent and I like having the option of playing spells for Oath of Druids or Quandrix Apprentice and friends. I also like it with Blink as a way to cheat out big creatures if lucky.

1725902247309.png

One hell of a self-mill payoff. And another premium Unearth target!
Definitely need some solid self-mill like Mental Note and Malevolent Rumble to get it on curve.

Yeah they are much beloved. We also have one large one for cards on Adventure. Lots of +1/+1 counters. A luck counter for Gemstone Caverns and 3/3 Elks for Oko.

Furthermore I made these for floating mana.

IMG_7902.jpeg

Six sides for 5 colors of mana and colorless.

And finally this one for when we play Duel Commander

IMG_7903.jpeg

They are fun little gadgets.

Anyways I always look forward to seeing what cards use keyword counters. The custom made keyword counters have upped my hype level.

I can help with advice if people want something similiar

The color pie continues to bend! (I think this is good. Interaction should be possible for all colors)
It's not really a bend so much as a shift, Black has been allowed to remove enchantments (albiet at a worse rate than White and Green) for the past couple of years to help make enchantments easier to interact with and allow for the creation of sets like Duskmourn that heavily use enchantments more frequently.

1725929885954.png

What a wild one! Some abilities that don't tap are useless to copy (like Carrion Feeder), but tap abilities are pretty varied. This looks like it adds some nice redundancy to some archetypes, but it is tough to predict how well it will perform in any given draft.

Artifacts matter

Discard matters

Ramp

Utility

Kirblinx

Developer
Staff member
These counters do seem cool though not sure I'm wholly in love with how you'd need, like, a Hobby Pal vacuum-pickup pen or something to extract individual ones at a time :oops:
Just have to use the old 'Hold the ones I want to keep in and flip it over' trick.

marinavendrell.jpg

Marina Vendrell - {W}{U}{B}{R}{G}
Legendary Creature - Human Warlock
When Marina Vendrell enters, reveal the top seven cards of your library. Put all enchantment cards revealed this way into your hand and the rest on the bottom of your library in a random order.
{T}: Open or close target Room you control. Activate only as a sorcery.
3/5

So... what colors do you think this card would be if the "you may only include cards that fall within your commander's color identity" rule didn't exist?