Eldrazi Domain Cube

A high cmc matters card pool was touched on here fwiw. Lot of good suggestions there. I’m a big fan of it from a fun factor. I’ve tried it at the peasant level, but haven’t had the environment to explore it elsewhere. There are a lot of different ways to weave that into your list

I tried to find your current list, but didn’t see it. I’m just waking up so I might’ve overlooked it. Can you point me to it?

Reactions: dbs
I think at this power level you get way way too many feelbads from duelist - two card combos really aren't something I'm a fan of in environments where it's harder to disrupt and deal with them. Otherwise, this package seems like a lot of fun, and the two Dracos seem legitimately quite strong in this environment. I obviously don't have any experience with actually drafting the cube, but I think it would slot in well.

Reactions: dbs
Kels is pretty low power in my experience, a lot of fun though - her strength really depends on whether or not you can reliably untap with her and/or not be punished greatly for not untapping. No idea about the Valkyrie, although tbh it doesn't seem super fun to me - I might be misjudging the cube's power band though.

Yeah your band is pretty wide. Kels might be overpowered with all the spawn running around. The angel is probably fine, it's the lifelink which will be a problem, but you should be able to shoot it down fairly easily.

@Jason Waddell , I suppose that this cube hasn't been at the forefront of your mind for a while, but (if you happen to recall) what card packages / interactions would you rate as the flagship experiences?

As a kickstarter, my estimates (as I just peeked at the 2021 posts) of main strategies are:
* Big ramp (with limited-use resources to add to the density)
* Sacrifice payoff
* Multicolor (3+ color) aggro
* Midrange/Ramp Elemental tribal
* (+1/+1) counter synergy

Are there any cards that make you feel, "this is the embodiment of Eldrazi Domain," besides Nest invader?

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
@Jason Waddell , I suppose that this cube hasn't been at the forefront of your mind for a while, but (if you happen to recall) what card packages / interactions would you rate as the flagship experiences?

As a kickstarter, my estimates (as I just peeked at the 2021 posts) of main strategies are:
* Big ramp (with limited-use resources to add to the density)
* Sacrifice payoff
* Multicolor (3+ color) aggro
* Midrange/Ramp Elemental tribal
* (+1/+1) counter synergy

Are there any cards that make you feel, "this is the embodiment of Eldrazi Domain," besides Nest invader?
This sounds about right. I used to have a top of library theme that got cut, and I super doubled down on multicolor density in my last update.

There were also subthemes on populate, morbid (related to sacrifice semi-directly), raid/attack triggers. I think the sacrifice/revolt on command is still an interesting element.

I wouldn't mind integrating some of the MH2 cards, would have to test some of the more pushed ones. The new evoke cycle could also do some work if you wanted those to be the fetch cards of the set, but it seems unnecessary.