General "Looking for a card"-Thread

Dom Harvey

Contributor
consequences-of-evolution-631.jpg

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
I'm looking for a cheap red combat trick, to support the 'hero' deck. There's plenty of options of course, but I was wondering if someone already had some experience and suggestions!

I'm looking for back cards that reward you for attacking with small evasive creatures. I already run all the ninjas that fit my power level and I'm looking for some potential pseudo ninjas in that regard. Blue has many sweet ones like ...

But black seems rather lackluster. Any ideas?

Oh, Ruin Raider is probably just what I've been looking for. It doesn't directly reward you for hitting, but it still rewards evasive attacks, as those are easier to make to trigger him without risking your creatures wellbeing! And I totally forgot about Raid. Mardu Skullhunter wouldbe the next thing I'd add.

I've found Larceny, but I think it's just a horrible card, swingy from useless over costy Mind Rot to game-winning.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Yeah, raid is a nice find by inscho (you're on a roll here!). Raider's Wake is both a better and a more balanced Larcency, probably. Still one mana too expensive, I feel.

I'm looking for cards that have a higher CMC than what you'll cast them for. I already searched for delve, convoke, and affinity. I also searched "costs" "less" and for "rather than paying". There's also morphs and cycling as alternative options. Looking for stuff to support cards like

I'm looking for cards that have a higher CMC than what you'll cast them for. I already searched for delve, convoke, and affinity. I also searched "costs" "less" and for "rather than paying". There's also morphs and cycling as alternative options. Looking for stuff to support cards like

Look at the split/aftermath cards as they have the collective cmc of both sides when not on the stack. It’s an easy way to support it without forcing it. Then maybe run vengeful rebirth if you aren’t already. Things like commit // memory gets a little nuts!

There’s also

Plus the other emerge creatures

edit:

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
I thought of another one from way back when.

Which inspired me to dig some more and find (only listing the ones that shave off at least 2 mana and with a cmc of at least 3)...

Well both red and blue have options to reanimate artifacts, e.g, Goblin welder and Argivian Restoration so I am a bit surprised no one mentioned the big and still biggest daddy for your Erratic explosion tales.

What do you know, it is even castable for less than its cmc!
Keeping in color you have also Pulverize and the others (it is rather than pay as Oracle text instead of paying).

They did say they already //searched "costs" "less" and for "rather than paying"//, so I assumed they already found that card :)

Yep. I did take a long look at Draco, but I think SIXTEEN is a bit too powerful for this and it might send someone into a basically nonexistent 5c deck. I don't have shocks or duals in this theoretical environment, either. It's really low powered.