General "Looking for a card"-Thread

And the white bird tokens are beautiful. I mean, come on:
th

Anyone can use the tokens they like. And that Bird token from Born of the Gods is beautiful. I just commented here to tell you this is the Bird token that Wizards planned for us to use with Emeria Angel

E572A46E-19F0-4EE8-B398-73A6C70A2F66.jpeg

Also in case anyone didn’t know: Emeria is Emrakul, the Aeons Torn. The people of Zendikar believed in the sky god Emeria, the sea god Ula and the god of the land Cosi. Their religion turned out to be a lie to cover up the true horrors of Zendikar’s past. Ula was actually Ulamog and Cosi was actually Kozilek.

Can someone tell me how I upload smaller pictures? I do not want to massacre your iPhones every time I upload a picture from Scryfall. Thanks.

thank goodness I don't look at this on an iPhone :p . That's also an excellent bird. And yes i knew about all the gods -> eldrazi lore. This is just one of her angels flapping around being chill.

Emeria is "wow, this is so good" for me.

I removed it just because it's generically good and I was trying to push archetypes, not good stuff, but now that I find the balance needs to tilt towards good stuff, I might add it back.

Can someone tell me how I upload smaller pictures? I do not want to massacre your iPhones every time I upload a picture from Scryfall. Thanks.

You would copy the image link and then use "insert image" feature to upload the image.

Observe:

abbb3c16-a7ef-4b83-b1a9-637a905229d7.jpg

Obviously this picture is still huge since It's from scryfall and everything they upload is in HD. If you want to make it smaller, I guess you could go in and shrink the image in an image manipulation program like GIMP or Photoshop.

Also note that simply attaching the file to the thread only causes it to look huge to people who are logged in to RTL. Attached files appear absolutely tiny to anyone who isn't logged in.

I also cut Emeria Angel long ago for being too much wow. She was just always the right pick, delivering soo much value for absolutely zero investement. I never looked back since I cut her. My replacement was Master Splicer I think, that guy already did so much more for synergy.

I don't think it's stronger. The eggs can only attack after they crack, and the opponent can just not attack to prevent getting overrun (modulo sacrifice shenanigans). The extra mana is a very relevant difference, and while the stats scale, the ability is slower. The extra mana is also more relevant because it's a landfall trigger so at the point you have a dragon and an egg, you'd have an angel and two birds + 4 flying damage in. My guess is Emeria Angel is the stronger card in 1x1, for most environments.

I'm looking for a hybrid Simic card. I currently run Snakeform, but it's too situational to be worth it. I like Overbeing of Myth, but it's not really hybrid.

Also, doesn't need to be literally hybrid. Something like Fire // Ice is fine, if it's playable without the other color.

Simic has always been the shallowest guild in terms of playable gold, split, and hybrid cards, and it continues to plague the guild section to this day. Luckily, there are a couple of newer cards that can help shore up the section's hybrid weakness.

A good engine piece for Simic and a good ramp card for all green decks.

Ignore the companion text on this card. It's a good finisher for ramp and control decks. Keruga + Oblivion Ring type effects is enough to make a grown man cry tears of joy.

Those are unfortunately the only hybrid cards in Simic that don't use more than 2 colored mana pips but yet seem reasonably cubable. The two flat U/G split cards are OK, but no where near the level of flexibility or playability as cards like Fire // Ice, Assault // Battery, and Life // Death.

If you're ok with a card that uses the mutate mechanic, I'd say try the following:

Trumpeting Gnarr is best used for it's {3}{G/U}{G/U} mutate cost, meaning that it usually works as a hybrid card. Now, it is significantly better in a format with other things to enable it's mutate ability, but the simple ability to upgrade a humble Nightveil Sprite into a 3/3 while also making another 3/3 is still very powerful.

If you're cube is not too fast, I had some success with this thing in my simic hybrid slot.

Turning every top deck land into the best creature on the battlefield is a pretty resilient way to take over the late game. I could tell you a sweet story involving Spitting Image and Gelectrode ...

Spitting Image is very good. I cut it when every midrange green deck started to run

+ ,

which is a very uninteractive engine, in terms of it's pieces involving a hard-to-remove enchantment and a sorcery that one can cast every turn, and basically spelled doom in my quite low-power cube, which also ran lots of big Embalm and Eternalize creatures. Green already had the best creatures, and giving it a way to make endless fatties removed its weakness to removal and card advantage.

I'm curious - how does Hydroid Krasis play in cube?
It entirely depends on consistent your ramp decks are. If ramp can slam it as a 10/10 on turn 6, then it's kind of broken. If ramp can't, it ends up just being a "fine" midrange card that you play if you're already blue-green but probably don't go out of your way to make work. Krasis X=2 or 3 is just bad.

Dom Harvey

Contributor
Krasis is a solid, scaling payoff that's not over the line anywhere IMO. If you can cast it as a 10/10 on Turn 6 then I'm equally (or more) scared of what you can do with your 12 (!) mana and the issue is probably your mana production, and the base case of 2/2 draw 1 gain 1 for 4 mana is fine - if you're doing that it's probably because of a lack of other options where a typical ramp payoff would rot in your hand with everything else.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Yeah, I really like Hydroid Krasis. Good card that definitely draws people into Simic because of its reputation, and it always performs, but it never really breaks the game. It's an exciting card that people love to play!