General Fight Club

Master of Winds looks like the most interesting (1/4 or 4/1 flyer that cantrips plus filters for 4 mana is also very strong).

Curator is fine.

My phrasing was a little weird, but I am asking about these in particular :p. I cant say I'm particularly surprised honestly. Efficient token generation is hard to come by!

Usher obviously dominated. Is it dominating enough that there is consideration on doubling up? Out with the Champ in with the usher?

Interesting to note that Usher and Woe-reaper do actually synergize with each other. The usher creates warriors!

Why's everyone so high on Usher? Isn't the ability a bit mana inefficient in the first turns, and irrelevant in the following turns? Is it just because the alternatives are worse?

Reactions: dbs
Why's everyone so high on Usher? Isn't the ability a bit mana inefficient in the first turns, and irrelevant in the following turns? Is it just because the alternatives are worse?
Don't underestimate the value of repeatedly producing more bodies! Especially since you can play a removal spell then activate this a few times, to get 2-3 tokens that you can equip or play pumps on or w/e. It let's you make sure you use your mana.

I have not played with the card yet not have I had any of my players pull the card yet so I am not speaking from experience. However it does seem like it’s very good for the cost. And I believe you’re right in your question: Better than the alternatives.

Don't underestimate the value of repeatedly producing more bodies! Especially since you can play a removal spell then activate this a few times, to get 2-3 tokens that you can equip or play pumps on or w/e. It let's you make sure you use your mana.

Bear in mind that you have to make those tokens over multiple turns, since Boast is once per turn. I do agree that the Usher looks pretty good, even with the 1/turn caveat. It's a solid White Aggro one-drop that makes tokens if you have extra mana.

In a vacuum it's Usher. Being able to go wide without committing more resources from your hand is great. If you run a Humans archetype with stuff like Champion of the Parish and Thalia's Lieutenant? I'd stick with the Woe-Reaper. It's the only reason I haven't yet made that swap.
I have no such human theme as of yet. Again, interesting to note that the woe-reaper still does synergize here, as the Usher plops down warrior tokens that trigger the reaper.

Edit: the usher also plops down humans. So not necessarily much worse even with a human theme.

I have no such human theme as of yet. Again, interesting to note that the woe-reaper still does synergize here, as the Usher plops down warrior tokens that trigger the reaper.

Edit: the usher also plops down humans. So not necessarily much worse even with a human theme.

Huh. I just overlooked that it was a Human Warrior token this entire time. My brain just shortcutted it like with Mardu Strike Leader to just Warrior. Much better than I thought.

I'd put it up to 1st then off that detail alone; makes a huge difference to me. You probably just run both of them if you have the space. I'll definitely be making a slot for it now.

Now let's talk about colorless 1-drops. They are awesome because they go into aggro decks of all colors, maybe even some other decks as well. I currently have these three:

A colorless Tin Street Dodger, a colorless Healer's Hawk and a colorless Oriflame on a tiny stick - awesome. But beyond that? I want to go up in size and I'd like to add at least one, preferably two more. Which of these are the strongest?

There is also Brass Man, but not going into aggro is probably a deal breaker.

Hope of Ghirapur can be really good at messing up an opponent's plan to counter your critters, so it winds up working a lot better than you might think. It's either that or the Chronomaton for me, but the Hope is a bit spicier (though more punishing towards control).

Hope being a flier can be very impactful (similar to the three you currently do run, which stands out above the other 4 candidates listed). It holds equipments like a champ and everything else an evasive creature can do. Would recommend, and probably will be running myself (for fliers.dec)

I wasn't so sure about Hope, but I think you've warmed me up to it. Getting some more techy counter plays in aggro seems fun too, since you really need to speculate in when to pop Hope to stave off a removal or sweeper spell.

Yeah it can be instrumental in getting a key card like a planeswalker onto the battlefield without having to try to bluff out the counter with another card from your hand. really useful!

I'm not saying it should be stronger, but I'm a bit sad that you can't sac it before it attacked and connected. Doesn't help you sticking your hasty curve topper or an anthem effect pre combat :p

I think I'll go with the Thopter and Flayer Husk for the Equipment theme