General Fight Club

I'm convinced I need Garruk Unleashed in my cube as a way to push through damage. I am unsure about the cut though. I have Ambusher as a sweet card that can synergize with a few werewolves and some flash stuff, but that isn't really supported, it's just a bonus. Still, the baseline of ambushing a creature and advancing your board without committing cards is nice. However, Garruk kind of does that also with his token making.

I am curious how people feel about this swap. Should I be looking elsewhere to fit Garruk in?

I like the swap. Ambusher is quite generic and the werewolf ability is pretty antithetical to how green wants to be playing. I've always found that to be the case even with innistrad werewolves.

I hate planeswalkers and flash is one of my favourite decks of all time, if not THE favourite deck of mine.
However, I have to test Ambusher in cube yet, and I want to make it work badly. It actually doesn't need too much of support, having a lot of instants/flash spells and it is already really rewarding, and having a lot at instant speed is an easy to support playstyle (Ux control also wants that).

I imagine dropping the Ambusher already having just one of the innistrad werewolves on the field is a pretty strong board presence. It pairs up nicely with blue counters and white protection and flash creatures. Even cyclers that have an effect being cycled are good with it.

It does do all of that, but all of that is pretty counter to what green typically actually wants to be doing, which is casting as many big spells as fast as possible. It would be one of blue's best creatures, not green's, is what I'm trying to get at. It's certainly functional as a card without ANY support thanks to it's stat line and ability, but between those two Garruk is much more important for his listed need of pushing through damage.

Then I think it comes down how green is playing in Nanonox' cube. Is it a "typical" green play style most often or is the instant speed playstyle supported well enough , that the big wolf works without being a functional simic card?

Good stuff, thanks.

Weirdly enough, I have an Azorius flash deck that basically built itself, because the white options are inherently powerful (Cast Out, Settle the Wreckage, Restoration Angel, Archangel Avacyn, Secure the Wastes + removal + blue goodness).

But nothing with green. That being said, the Ambusher is still really powerful on its own, but in the absence of the "flash" archetype maybe a tad generic as sigh pointed out.
The one reason why I hesitate, is that this can act as a green removal spell which is needed in the color. However, I have other cards to pick up the slack.

Then I think it comes down how green is playing in Nanonox' cube. Is it a "typical" green play style most often or is the instant speed playstyle supported well enough , that the big wolf works without being a functional simic card?

this

My very own list doesn't really support ramp in green. Flash, selfmill, growers, heroic - that's what my green section is up to.
If the rest of your green section doesn't support the flash playstyle, then it obv isn't really a green card.

EDIT:
what about this one

vs

For selfmill. There's no dedicated lands.dec in the cube. My question is, if the Vinecrasher might be too strong? Trample is good, not being able to block is bad, but it's harder to get the Vinecrasher back. Bloodghast and Vengevine are too strong btw, Skaab Ruinator is too narrow. The only other alternative I can think off my head is Advanced Stitchwing.

I don't think the Vinecrasher is that strong. I'd test it and I'm pretty low in power level. Also, what about these creeps?

I'm leaning towards Vinecrasher if your cube has reasons for villain to have lands in their graveyard (broad self-mill themes, fetchlands, etc). A lot of the card's power comes from the way it cares about land cards in all graveyards — if you can't leverage that, it's a much less interesting card.

Skyclave Shade is great, but it can't really do anything if your opponent can chump block it, and it caps out as a 5/3 that can't block.

I would like to bump Day of Judgment to 5 mana, so Fumigate seems like an appropriate replacement, but I'm not sure it's actually worse when aggro decks aren't so fast. Which is stronger?

Hmm even without the lifegain I think Day of Judgement is better. One more mana isn't one turn later strictly, because you have to actually draw the lands, so in actuality it's sometimes going to be played on turn 5-6? I think that gives more room for aggro to breath.

Speeed is everything. Life gain is a minor bonus compared to being able clean the board a turn earlier. Rasmus is also right in that getting to five lands is not trivial, either. If you can wrath on curve, chances are you had less spells. If you have more spells, you have a slower wrath.

So far I'm happy with Fumigate.

While Fumigate is slightly worse, I'm not a fan. A friend cubed this for a while, and it just closed the door completely for aggro. Often, after a wrath, aggro can still hope to burn the opponent out or stick an evasive threat for the last few points of life. That <10% chance keeps the game interesting for a while at least. But you drop down to 0% quickly when you add 6 life points to it.

But I also don't have a better suggestion.

I'm looking for a blue 6-drop control finisher that is resilient while still fitting to my pretty low power level. Which of these do you ike more?

Ephemeron has been fine in the past, but unexciting barring the one time I won with it's activated ability + Drake Haven :D
Maybe the Zombie has more play to it?

Doomskar completely wrecks.

Geralf's Mindcrusher is pretty cool, but I don't know if your environment is slow enough for it. In a grindy match, it could get a lot of value for a deck that cares about the yard, but otherwise not too useful (although Undying is pretty good on a finisher if you don't have a removal suite that doesn't actually kill creatures a lot).

Hallowed Burial plays really well, helping curb a reanimation loop that would otherwise just come back later to wreck you. Forces the recursive deck to actually play more from their hand for a bit (besides straight up not triggering death triggers, which can be really nice).

Why do you like it particularly, Train? I was toying with the idea of playing Doomskar as the only foretell card, and explicitly saying so, so that it is, you know, actually foretold when it's foretold. Kinda surprised they didn't go for that. Giving out the information that you have a wrath in hand is a much more interesting cost to make it cheaper. As it stands, in limited, the mechanic is super boring in my opinion, it's just a sequencing thing.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Giving out the information that you have a wrath in hand is a much more interesting cost to make it cheaper.

Technically foretelling the card doesn't make it cheaper, you're still paying 5 mana total. But yeah, foretelling face up would have been quite interesting as well, since then you can use it as a rattlesnake.