General Fight Club

I think i like Munitions slightly better. It also bleeds into artifact themes. But yeah, you might just want both.

I also have a fight:

vs vs

Well, I'd play Somnophore, because I am a sucker for beautiful old school cards. Mechanically, I think the best choice are the geists. They tap down a blocker and are cheaper, so tempo decks will prefer them over the dragon I guess.

Of the three in your post, I really like Dimir Charm's flexibility, especially the psuedo- "surveil 3" mode. Tyrant's Scorn is probably the most consistently usable as an actual removal spell?

Drown in the Loch is super annoying to play against in the standard rogues deck, because it can consistently mill you for a gazillion, but I dunno about it in cube. I agree with sigh about Tyrant's Scorn here, it seems efficient and pretty elegant to me!

I found the one mana activation cost to feel burdensome on Pyro. It also felt like the decks that were looking to utilize the 2 power attacking weren't looking to tap their guy down for a rummage. It also was a pretty poor topdeck, which is fine for a 2 drop, but the 4 damage didn't come in too clutch on the fragile body. I cut it, but its value increases according to how well a bear performs in your format. It got outclassed pretty quickly for me and I didn't want to dedicate a mana to rummage every turn.

Currently have Channeler in the list, but haven't played it (nor do I own it) due to COVID. The idea of having an immediate 4/4 body as a topdeck seems good and the weird rummage is certainly interesting.

All that said, blue has better 2 mana looters and red has very effective looting spells. Totally possible that neither is right in a lot of places.

Good points. I'd say that the appeal for me is more than it's a jack-of-all trades and master of none inclusion. It's not particularly great at anything and can't do the Tarmogoyf impression like the Channeler, but it has more flexibility in multiple archetypes. It's definitely not my first choice as a rummager or for removal, but the utility in being able to do either later when I have mana up and don't have any better plays to make has been pretty solid in the handful of drafts I was able to run with it.

I like it for R/x Aggro primarily (especially R/W Humans) and as a minor inclusion in archetypes that want to pitch cards for value (reanimator, U/R Welder stuff, etc.). Like in the worst case scenario later in the game, it's just an on-board 4 damage to clear a blocker/threat which isn't bad at all. It's not the most exciting card for any of these archetypes as it isn't the most efficient , but the splashability is mostly why I kept it around. If I was trying to flesh out spellslinger decks, I'd definitely go with the Channeler instead.

I really like Dismissive Pyromancer. It's not better than Merfolk Looter at looting, of course, but it does the job, is more resilient, can turn into a beater, and can turn into decent removal.

It's the exactly the sort of card I need: elegant (not much text), resonant (burning books and burning enemies), high agency (attack, block, loot, sac, neither? Merfolk Looter has only the loot mode), cross-archetypal (Wx Humans, Ux Wizards, UBR Madness) and always generally playable.

Monschwein: what do you want out of it? It is actually a fight between one of the first two and somnophore. I do like that somnophore makes you work for it. As a reward it could be a game changer, but it is a very weak creature. As a bonus: that illustration is really nice.

I just wanted to hear some experience of players. I only played Dungeon Geists in INN and M20(or 19?) and I loved the card. I just searched for good tappers, found the Geist and also found Somnophore which looks pretty interesting as you need to connect, but everytime you do, it rewards you for it. I just really like it, but I can't say how strong it really is.

And I also found the dragon, which is a slightly better Geist for 1 more mana. I just found it to be fitting lol
and I wanted to know if the taxing ability if it gets targeted is actually relevant (I think so, since I run a lot of counterspells that have a mana tax).

I don't like any of those because they feel like blunt instruments. It doesn't make sense to let the opponent's best creature thaw, so they never block and are a simple 2-for-1 + a pretty good clock if they don't have removal, which is effectively a removal check in many games. The creatures are big enough that they will often be the best flier. The only interesting situations they create is whether to block a Wing Drake and risk getting them killed.

I saw your list and think somnophore is probably the weakest of the 3. Your white section has stronger filters, red and black can easily kill it.

vs.
The former presents a unique form of interaction and is a good first-striker, while the latter has 2 toughness instead of 1, is a hasty 2-drop (which I value high), can potentially provide some card agvantage and has connection with political agenda. People seem to be higher on Daredevil. So, which one?
Also:
vs.
If you were to leave one

Robber
Hellspark

Robber of the Rich gives you card advantage at the right times in the game (if you have fewer ressources left). It has reach which is weird from a color pie and art perspective (only makes sense if you think about Robin Hood) but other than that it's perfect.

Hellspark Elemental has more play to it. It can be milled and still do things. Marauder is 'just' a burn spell. I would run Elemental because I run some graveyard shenanigans but if you run proliferate I would maybe run the Warrior instead.

Yeah uh is that supposed to be, like, because Robin Hood climbs up towers that the card has reach?

Well, Robin Hood had a bow, and we can see a part of it and a quiver behind the Robber's left shoulder (archers in MTG typically have reach). However, it is super-weird how the arrows don't fall down in this pose.

A 2/2 haste for 2 is also a very good body. A 2/1 first sriker isn't bad either, but the robber was pushed a little harder.

I also prefer hellspark for it's synergy with madness/dredge stuff.

Guys I know it makes sense that a Robin Hood has reach :) But maybe Robin Hood (who lived in the woods) would be better suited for a small green reach creature?

Anyways it's strange to see reach on that small haste red creature. One can imagine Robin Hood not being super popular among the kids who are growing up right now and who wants to add Robber of the Rich to their deck when they find it in their teenage years. It makes sense to us old players who grew up with Robin Hood through Disney and the 90'th movies.

Which of these two cmc 4 beaters do you like more? One has synergy with madness mostly, the other with landfall. Both seem to be just really good aggro curve toppers

Not a fan of either TBH. I tried the Avaricious Dragon for a while, but lots of cube decks aren't ready to discard their hand by T4. You'd ahve to be running incredibly low to the ground sligh for it to be consistently castable on T4 without losing at least something.

The other one, I'm just not a big fan of land animation. It has too much blowout potential IMO.

I'm currently interested in testing

The first for it's non-oppressive hellrider impression with a card advantage mode strapped on too. The second for a unique but still effective anthem effect. Menace is a powerful ability to give your entire board. And it doesn't even need to be attacking! It gives menace even if just other creatures are on the attack.

Much more archetype restricted, but I'm for sure testing