General Fight Club

Hi @Shpungo and welcome :)

If you want you can use the ci to insert cards more easily and in higher resolution. Here is how you do it:

First you write [
Then you write ci
Then you write ]
Then you write the card name
Then you write [
Then you write /
Then you write ci
Then you write ]

You can also try it just with c instead of ci which will give you the written version instead of the text version. Behold:

Goblin Guide

Last edited:
tyvm! I was wondering about how to do that :p
this can also be a white finisher with early utility if you're in a v low power cube lol or one with a high density of artifacts/enchantments

oh! And I just remembered, another nice card that comes down early as a half The Birth of Meletis and then later in the game flips into an anthem with some free tokens attached. It wants a decent amount of artifacts in the cube though. (idk how to show the flipside?)
1705448712756.png

Last edited:
sundering growth imo. harder to cast if not GW (but not impossible) and the populate is, if real, worth waiting around on your shatter for

This one’s easy

Step 1: Is your format best of three games or best of one? If best of three, you can for sure include at least one of these. Which one we can decide later. If best of one, then does your format have a high density of important artifact or enchantments? If yes, then you can consider running one. If no, then you cannot. One cannot include a card that is sometimes dead if the wrong opponent is getting paired with you.

Step 2: You have accepted to run one of them for the above reasons. Now we determine which one. Does your cube have one or more decks in green and/or white that care about creating tokens? If yes, then you have to run Growth. If will signal a deck the players can strive for. If no, then you cannot run Growth. You don’t want to signal a deck that isn’t there for the players to assemble.

Step 3: If you have accepted to run one of them and also accepted which one. Then we must decide if you should run both. Does your cube have such a high density of artifact and enchantments while also having a token theme in green and/or white that you can afford to spend two cube slots on Disenchant? If yes, run both. If no, run the one you decided in step 2.

I feel like you're going for a hybrid card here, and I think that you are, it's hard to call GWGW a true hybrid.

Sundering is more interesting, but it could be too high of a ceiling for your environment if you hit a large token.

I think he means, that growth is just harder to cast for let's say an orzhov deck or a jund deck. It's also much more difficult to splash. For example, you are playing dimir against an opponent with a bunch of good artifacts, you can probably often find a way to splash chant out of your sideboard, but you shouldn't even try to do the same with growth.

Here's silly fight for low power land cyclers:

vs vs

Oliphaunt does have the benefit of cycling for 1, but I do like the ability of drawing cards from lands too