General Fight Club

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
I used to run Compulsive Research. Thirst can be good if your blue decks tend to reanimate artifacts, though it's still good card filtering if they don't. Nowadays I run Frantic Search, which is card disadvantage, but free (or better, if you run bouncelands). Frantic has been significantly better with Drake Haven and just keeping mana up while also searching for stuff to do. I really like it.

I run both Compulsive and Thirst. They are great cards for blue, and both help shift blue away from "raw card advantage" to "raw card quality", especially in GY cubes. Give red, green, etc. a little more room to breathe with their draw spells. Frantic Search also a great option.

I'm running both, but would run the instant option to support blue control if I only wanted one.

vs
I feel like the land is worth a mana and -4/-4, but I'm not sure. It seems like they both smash sufficiently hard that I'd be happier with the land. This is for The Black Cube (post coming soon), so both are effectively mono green cards.

I'm running both, but would run the instant option to support blue control if I only wanted one.

vs
I feel like the land is worth a mana and -4/-4, but I'm not sure. It seems like they both smash sufficiently hard that I'd be happier with the land. This is for The Black Cube (post coming soon), so both are effectively mono green cards.

Do you have room for both? I think these are both sweet in a black cube!

If not, then I think Molderhulk is probably the better option since you get a land when it ETBs, meaning that it's inevitable death to removal nets you something.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
It's hard for control decks to empty their hand, plus you'ld expect the control deck to want to keep answers in hand. Anje's Ravager makes that impossible. I don't think I would ever include it in a control deck.
Stromkirk Occultist isn't much better, given that, again, I'm probably including reactive cards in my deck, and those are considerably less useful when they're only available for one turn, after you connected with a 3/2 creature, but it still gets the nod over Anje's Ravager.

Truth be told, I think you should keep looking for another option. Neither of these cards are good at supporting control imo.

I suspect this has been posted before, but

vs

I left out Fecundity because the symmetry can be killer to the caster or the low cmc can be killer to the opponent. Neither is appealing.

I'm also open to the idea that neither of these are quite what I need. Deathreap is costed well, but a bit slow. Moldervine can be quick once it's in play, but 5 mana is a lot.

Reactions: dbs
Apologies if this card hasn’t been released yet. I haven’t seen it spoiled anywhere.

Casting cost 2GGG with no body attached
VS.
Casting cost 4GG with 6/6 body attaches

I would run the creature if I ran Narural Order and other creature card cheating, selection or tutoring. It may come up once a year with a board full of tokens but it would be a fantastic story

Easy Crow Storm. I ran thief for a while and she never did anything.

Alright, which of these two? They both kind of do the same thing, but in different ways. They both convert lands into action, but while Worldwaker's creatures are better, WStW's untaps hers and gives vigilance, so you don't have to choose between attacking and using the land for mana. They both create a lot of extra mana from forests, but in different ways. I'm kind of leaning toward Worldwaker right now because her lower starting loyalty means that she's easier to deal with than the current nemesis of standard, but what do you guys think?

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Crow Storm needs a pretty dedicated cube, or the most it will do is make two 1/2 flyers, which is... underwhelming. There are much better blue anchors for the spells matters deck in my experience, such as...

If you're specifically looking for a 3 drop, I have tested both of your suggestions and ended up with this one:

I suspect this has been posted before, but

vs

I left out Fecundity because the symmetry can be killer to the caster or the low cmc can be killer to the opponent. Neither is appealing.

I'm also open to the idea that neither of these are quite what I need. Deathreap is costed well, but a bit slow. Moldervine can be quick once it's in play, but 5 mana is a lot.

I like Deathreap Ritual because it churns through fewer cards while still providing good value. Unless you're trying to enable combo sacrifice shenanigans, you're probably better off with the ritual.

I'd also go with the Ritual, because it triggers on opponents creatures. Therefore it might be less explosive for sacrifice combo-isn decks, but more flexible as it's still playable in more controlling decks.

Alright, which of these two? They both kind of do the same thing, but in different ways. They both convert lands into action, but while Worldwaker's creatures are better, WStW's untaps hers and gives vigilance, so you don't have to choose between attacking and using the land for mana. They both create a lot of extra mana from forests, but in different ways. I'm kind of leaning toward Worldwaker right now because her lower starting loyalty means that she's easier to deal with than the current nemesis of standard, but what do you guys think?

Nissa, Who Shakes the World is a better option in my opinion. Her ultimate is worse, she makes smaller tokens, but she enables better ramping. She also has interaction with +1/+1 counters cards.

Depends upon your power level, but I'd lean towards WAR Nissa because she's just more interesting to me. She's got cross-synergy with any counters matters stuff you might have going on as Trainmaster mentioned, it can build its own win-con over time by growing lands tall, and it's pretty much just a more interactable Mirari's Wake. If I see it in a pack I think wow, I should really go in on Green and maybe even try playing Mono-Green to get the most out of it. I think they're both equally strong, but I just prefer the WAR version.

Well I definetely do not think they are equally strong but the strongest of the two is also the most interesting of the two.

So I guess it depends if you don’t mind the power level :p

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Yeah, Bag is pretty bad for setting up your reanimation spells, which is often one of the main reasons to include discard outlets in your cube.