General Fight Club

Apologies if this card hasn’t been released yet. I haven’t seen it spoiled anywhere.

Casting cost 2GGG with no body attached
VS.
Casting cost 4GG with 6/6 body attached

vs.

8EEFC47F-896F-4559-8430-DCA050A94E02.jpeg

Chris Taylor

Contributor
I think I'd like to split the difference and run overwhelming stampede, which has both the costing 5 (much easier than 6 in aggro builds) but also the double green.
Plus it's halfway decent to cast on 1-2 creatures, if they're big enough (which can make it less interesting, I admit)

I really like this new guy and meant to post about it. It's a fair six-drop that feels good to Natural Order into, modern Limited formats have taught us the power of a 6/6 trample for 6, and even though it says "other creatures you control" it's still, like, support for a Fires archetype on account of how it feels good to make a hasty 6/6 trampler. Overrun has the triple G (snooze) and I think this new giant is a lot more interesting.

and you can reanimate him! (every upside of creatures in cube could be applied to him, really).

I like the intersection that could be made between a sorta GW token-midrange style of deck and a GB deck with recursion. Like

Seems great

I would cut one of the sacrifice outlets (Flesh Carver, Yahenni, Undying Partisan and Phyrexian Ghoul) and one of the sacrifice payoffs (Xathrid Necromancer, Midnight Reaper and Liliana, Heretical Healer) since that is quite a bit of overlap.

My personal choices would be Xathrid Necromancer because he is more narrow than the other two and Phyrexian Ghoul who seems lower in power level than the others.

I could also see Yahenni going since outside of white (exile effects), black (edicts) and blue (counterspells), you will have trouble removing him.

I personally think you are missing something like Stinkweed Imp that fits into a few archetypes (roadblock for control, enabler for reanimator/self-mill, recurring creature for sacrifice). He has been great for us so I always recommend it when it's missing. It doesn't seem like much but the floor is a flying, deathtouch creature for 3 which is decent.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Your power level is a bit higher than I'm comfortable giving advice for, but I think I would suggest the exact same cuts as Nanonox.

Flesh Carver and Ophiomancer are really strong cards, while Phyrexian Ghoul is weaker than the rest. Those three would be the first ones I'd cut to tighten the power gap in this section. Midnight Reaper along Xathrid Necromancer also looks a bit overkill.

From this talk
https://riptidelab.com/forum/threads/community-cuts-thread.2009/page-2#post-85581

vs

I like both. But is Pod too difficult to build around?

If it's H2H and you had to get rid of one of them, I'm cutting Pod ahead of Company. It's much easier to build a deck where Company is good than it is to come up with sweet pod chains. Company only asks that your 3 CMC creatures have relevant ETB abilities or pushed bodies which is very common to find with WOTC's current design philosophy.

How many of each mana cost would you include in your Pod deck.

1: 0
2: Any number, doesn’t matter
3: 2
4: 2
5: 2
6: 1

Something like that?

I would probably have more 3's so you can restart some chains if needed.

I had one of my players build a sweet pod deck last night where he even got it fairly late in the last pack. He just had a solid curve and it worked out well. I did try using a squadron pick for the Birthing Pod. The experiment worked out and I will be trying again.

How many of each mana cost would you include in your Pod deck.

1: 0
2: Any number, doesn’t matter
3: 2
4: 2
5: 2
6: 1

Something like that?
My sweet spot is kind of like:

1-2 ones (bring able to pod away tokens matters imo and I cube versatile one drops)
n twos
2-4 threes
2-3 fours
2 fives
1-2 sixes
A seven

As long as there's a really good thing for me to end my chain on I'm happy - that can be podding away a reveillark into nothing for the death trigger, d-lord a-tarks, or even capping out at 5 with Kiki-combo. If I'm in blue as well as green I love playing a Brainstorm to shuffle back anything I draw but don't wanna cast (and even have a custom white creature that quasi-brainstorms - still in love with this guy, CT). In general I want either a really hard hitting 6 or any 7 to establish board supremacy and inevitability.

My sweet spot is kind of like:

1-2 ones (bring able to pod away tokens matters imo and I cube versatile one drops)
n twos
2-4 threes
2-3 fours
2 fives
1-2 sixes
A seven

As long as there's a really good thing for me to end my chain on I'm happy - that can be podding away a reveillark into nothing for the death trigger, d-lord a-tarks, or even capping out at 5 with Kiki-combo. If I'm in blue as well as green I love playing a Brainstorm to shuffle back anything I draw but don't wanna cast (and even have a custom white creature that quasi-brainstorms - still in love with this guy, CT). In general I want either a really hard hitting 6 or any 7 to establish board supremacy and inevitability.

Do we really need to slot in 9-14 creature spots in order to get a Birthing Pod to work?

I would probably have more 3's so you can restart some chains if needed.

I had one of my players build a sweet pod deck last night where he even got it fairly late in the last pack. He just had a solid curve and it worked out well. I did try using a squadron pick for the Birthing Pod. The experiment worked out and I will be trying again.

You give them 4?
I give them 2 for one pick.

I run 2 birthing pods and they're different cards in the draft (I do not currently 'squadron' any cards). My pod decks are regularly 16+ creatures and just a couple of spells. Unsure what exactly you're asking but if I had a deck with 9 creatures and none of them were Kiki-Jiki, I would board out the Pod altogether.