GBS

Aoret

Developer
Eric's will find filenames ending in .jpg without ending in .full.jpg, which answers Ferret's problem as stated. I think Ferret's problem as intended though is "how do I find all filenames that end in .jpg but not in .full.jpg which is something more like:

[a-z0-9' \-]+(?<!\.full)\.jpg
(assuming we care about names of cards. Note that this will fail on AEtherthings)

For some reason all four strings that I tried (thanks for helping, though) grabbed every single file that ends in .jpg.

what I ended up doing is mass renaming all, then removing ".full.full" from all files that had it

Dom Harvey

Contributor
yo, happy holidays everyone, I'm a millenial so I can't say anything that isn't cloaked in several layers of irony to stop me ever appearing vulnerable but I've spent a lot of time on forums over the years and this is by far the best I've had the pleasure of frequenting. The discussion here is generally civil and constructive to a much greater degree than anywhere I've seen despite being an open and anonymous forum. Long may it continue.

Kirblinx

Developer
Staff member
I left my Christmas wishes on the skype channel, and no one else said anything (except Safra and her dodgy keyboard). Nice to know that it was being said on here as well. The quality of the people on this forum are awesome and even though I am quite new to this place I feel very welcome and part of the community, thanks.

Now for what I came to this thread for was to vent some frustrations on the price of my next closest GP, GP Melbourne.
Now pre-registration info came available on 17th of December and the entry cost is a whopping AU$90. Now I paid AU$70 for GP Sydney this year and was content as it was sealed. GP Melbourne is CONSTRUCTED.
Why do I have to fork out $90 just to have my janky modern brew 0-3 drop? It is like they only want serious people to go. There isn't any side event schedule posted yet as the event is in March, but seriously, do I even care?

This GP is the first one I have seen in Australia hosted by CL Events (usually it was TopDeckEvents). They are a Malaysian organisation that seems to run by one of the WMC representatives of Malaysia. I wonder if it has to cover the costs of them importing all their Judges or something. I just don't know. I don't understand. I just, I just...

EDIT:
So I just checked out GP Oakland and its general registration is $70, which still seems steep to me. The conversion rate between AU and US would make it around $90, so it makes sense. I guess inflation happens. Time to see if I can find some cheap flights to compensate :p

Kirblinx

Developer
Staff member
I just saw another spam thread appear, and I guess Jason must of deleted it as I was just about to comment on it.

But seriously, the domain for the spam was t-rexmusclefacts.com.
How do you waste such an awesome domain name on silly spam (or fast cash as they called it)?
If they spammed some interesting t-rex trivia I probably would have clicked their link.

A question to any of the mods, how often do these spam threads appear?
At least the bots are nice enough to keep using the general discussion thread I guess.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
I just saw another spam thread appear, and I guess Jason must of deleted it as I was just about to comment on it.

But seriously, the domain for the spam was t-rexmusclefacts.com.
How do you waste such an awesome domain name on silly spam (or fast cash as they called it)?
If they spammed some interesting t-rex trivia I probably would have clicked their link.

A question to any of the mods, how often do these spam threads appear?
At least the bots are nice enough to keep using the general discussion thread I guess.

Uh... I think 1-3 times a week. We just tidily delete them when we see them, they're fairly obvious. Didn't even see the domain, that's pretty funny. Seems like (based on the name) the type of dumb internet site that is filled with fake facts and doesn't get updated for 12 years.

It's like finding a strawberry in tiramisu. I like both flavors, but the unexpected addition not did align with my expectations. :oops: I suppose that I've survived.

a2989381310_10.jpg

Chris Taylor

Contributor
I get the feeling there are depeer problems. Looking at this re-do, basically all thats been done is add a few more legends, and give all the horrible unplayable creatures +2/+2, as well as some wording cleanup.

I mean congrats to whoever this was for making banding halfway easy to understand, but even if the average card here is a hill giant now rather than a 4 mana 1/2, it's still missing something...

it's still missing something...

Homelands seems like is was Innistrad vALPHA. I wouldn't be surprised to find out the gothic flavors of Homelands were ported to ISD at some point in the design process; all they had to do was drop the confounding fantasy tropes (minotaurs, fae, orcs, whatever else I missed).

But at least Joven had the tasteful stage presence. Mikaeus, the Lunarch is dressed and posturing like a power metal frontman.