GBS

Part of the problem is if I start shitting it out in a way that I know I can, I will have like no chance of getting adequate reply coverage or visibility for all my poorly planned children.

Eric Chan

Hyalopterous Lemure
Staff member
I think the main problem is that you guys are constrained by that one dinky thread, which you guys have outgrown. Heck, that was the problem with this original GBS thread. So go ahead and bust your chops in the new Card Creation Forum, and feel free to create new threads for your own individual creations. Or even a new thread for each card, if that's how it's done elsewhere. Lucas, I'm putting you in charge!

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
Somebody asked me a question about what type of chat bubbles are cuter. My Google Image search was unhelpful:
lKXbj38.jpg

i like the custom card forum but i don't want to get put into the custom card walled ghetto like on other forums where a lot of the users don't venture into and post in and the custom card ppl become more insular and a sort of self-perpetuating stagnation/idiocy happens.
i would like to think that the custom card folks here are better than that, but we gotta make sure that doesn't happen anyway.

It's a good thing we have a closer line to the mods and ther are like, actual people to us. I think if it's too isolating it's pretty easy to mess with.

Eric Chan

Hyalopterous Lemure
Staff member
i like the custom card forum but i don't want to get put into the custom card walled ghetto like on other forums where a lot of the users don't venture into and post in and the custom card ppl become more insular and a sort of self-perpetuating stagnation/idiocy happens.
i would like to think that the custom card folks here are better than that, but we gotta make sure that doesn't happen anyway.

This is a good concern to raise. Without a separate forum, I think you guys are constrained by the single thread, but I see what you mean about the walled garden, cause I never step foot into the card creation forums on other sites. I think it helps that you guys are designing with cube in mind, and not just trying to make Cool Planeswalker Version of Yourself. Like, there's an endgame aside from just trying to show off how good your design skills are, that endgame being better cube environments. That will keep me visiting, and hopefully others who don't make cards feel the same way.

Absolute worst case, this experiment doesn't work out, and we fold the custom card stuff all back into the main cube forum.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, we've often been concerned with splintering off the forum into to many directions, but so far it's been the right call every time. As always, we're open to feedback.

Custom cards aren't my thing, but I still read all the threads because a) we're small enough and b) often interesting ideas come out of them that aren't custom-related.

So today my keyboard flipped out and started thorwing hotkeys all around the place when i even dared to type something. i nearly flipped out and tried to mess with settings, but then settled on the simple (and succesfull) option of buying a new keyboard.

James Stevenson

Steamflogger Boss
Staff member
So today my keyboard flipped out and started thorwing hotkeys all around the place when i even dared to type something. i nearly flipped out and tried to mess with settings, but then settled on the simple (and succesfull) option of buying a new keyboard.

When anything goes wrong with anything I always take it apart. 10% of the time I find a solution, 100% of the time I have fun.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
Tell us more m8.

Well, we have a professional-grade foosball table in the basement of our office. I top the tier list, and today was playing 1v2 against two mid-tier opponents. To make things more interesting I played one handed, and won soundly. To make things even more interesting I then played left handed, which give me neither the control nor the power of the right. They were exploiting my required mobility by playing speedily, and at one point while jumping back to defend my hand slipped off the 2-bar and ricocheted into the goalie bar. Blood.

Wow I've never heard someone more confident in their foosball skills.

Anyway chris doesn't seem happy with the new custom arrangement and anotak seems worried, can we make sure the link in cube talk updates etc.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
Wow I've never heard someone more confident in their foosball skills.

Anyway chris doesn't seem happy with the new custom arrangement and anotak seems worried, can we make sure the link in cube talk updates etc.

The link in cube talk is a redirect. It needs to live in one place or the other.

Chris Taylor

Contributor

Yeah, I think having the custom thread in regular old cube talk helps us keep our heads out of our asses while also helping visibility :p

Honestly I think if you need a thread for a more dedicated project (Here's my custom set, here's the wide-sweeping erratta I've got, etc) it should probably be a cube thread. I enjoy the odd "What can we do with custom cards" idea thread, but it's only so useful.

Eric Chan

Hyalopterous Lemure
Staff member
Hmmm. Let's give this maybe a week or so? If none of us are happy with the arrangement by that time, we'll fold it all back into the main cube forum.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
I think you'd find it more amenable if we had more custom card people over here. Anybody up for some recruiting? If you build it, might they come?