GBS

I really like the game, especially because it's so easy to introduce people to and can be played in most settings, and is rather quick. And yeah, the art is awesome - they used a new artist for the third installment of the series, and I just don't know what to think of it.

CML

Contributor
my brother, who, like the rest of society, is a gamer who denies he is a gamer, is looking for a sweet board game of some depth, for christmas, to be played in the setting of a liberal-arts college.

Dixit?

FlowerSunRain

Contributor
I certainly wouldn't call Dixit a game "of some depth". Its basically a party game with an artsy slant. I've never played it, but some of my fellow boardgamesnob friends enjoy it, which is high praise for a party game.

King of Tokyo maybe? Sneaks and Snitches? Small World might be a bit game-y, but also in that sort of wheelhouse.

Unrelatedly, the X-wing minis game is awesome.

FlowerSunRain

Contributor
King of Tokyo maybe? Sneaks and Snitches? Small World might be a bit game-y, but also in that sort of wheelhouse.

Unrelatedly, the X-wing minis game is awesome.
Small World is a great gamer game that nongamers don't notice is a gamer game. I highly recommend it. Kids love it too.

James Stevenson

Steamflogger Boss
Staff member
Are there any good headphones one can buy for ~150?

I'm really happy with the ones I'm using. They're the Creative Aurvana Live headphones. They're about half the price of what you're looking for though, so maybe you can get better ones. They're the best I've had.
DO NOT GET BEATS. I take you to be smarter than that, but still. A lot of people have been fooled.

I have CX 300 IIs as earbuds for on the move, PX 200s that I use at work and as travel headphones, and maybe 10 year old HD 212 Pros for over-ears at my main desk (on their second replacement cable).

The CX300s don't last super long, but for the amount they cost, that's not a huge deal. I need some new ones at the moment, but the current set have lasted 18 months of daily commuting use.

Eric Chan

Hyalopterous Lemure
Staff member
Yeah, I'm no audiophile, but I've got three different pairs of Sennheisers (home, work, portable) that I'm pretty happy with. I think the PX-100s that I bought seven or eight years ago are the best bang for the buck I've gotten from an audio product.

I bought a bowers & Wilkins P3 for myself a year back. i love the quality and the easy fit/small size of the entire thing. mine do have a little defect wich i'm gonna get fixed in a few days, namely a rather loosend fitting on two connections (it happend after excessive use. about 4 to 6 hrs per day, sometimes 12, 7 days on 7)

So babes, my Christmas sorta never happened because of the power outage. I was bumming around for like 2-3 days going home every half a day or so to check on my catsicles. Sorry I didn't post much I was too busy sleeping in strangers houses etc. How's everyone elses holidays? It was a pretty big Christmas miracle for me finding power and my pets all alive this morning! Wooooooooooooo

(Also totes the sweetest thing ever having so many doorknobs open their homes to this scruffy vagabond!)

Eric Chan

Hyalopterous Lemure
Staff member
You are turning into a regular James Stevenson. Did you hitch any rides off strangers, too?

Glad to hear all your cats are alright. I hear some people still don't have power even now, which sounds brutal.

merry christmas to all of you guys.

my b&w P3 is going in for its waranty tommorow. i feel sad about having to mis it till the 3rd of januari or something. earbuds might kill me.

i finally got around to beating shandalar
YKJQPnR.png

i heard the boss was super broken but i beat him pretty easily on the first try. the biggest concern was not running out of cards in my deck before he ran out of all his 300 health but i stayed at 18 life for the majority of the time.

i had to do some fiddling to make it work on win7.

it was a neat educational experience about early magic. i got to see why stuff like serra angel used to be playable